Classes : Making Memories Jars: Gift Set
By Erica Hernandez
The Making memories clear jars are great for embellishment storage but they also work really well as attractive gift containers! For this set, I used a few basic supplies to create a fun little (inexpensive!) gift that would work well for so many occasions (birthday, Secret Santa exchange, teacher gift, hostess gift, etc...) It's basically just a miniature stress reliever (bath salts and chocolate - what more could you ask for?) packaged very basically. (I apologize for the weird color cast on the photos...they were MUCH worse when I started - did the best I could!)
Click here for class PDF with instructions and photos.
- Gather your supplies.
- To add the twine wrapping to the larger jar, use a liquid glue pen. I used the grooves that are already on the jar as a guide for the glue.
- Starting at the top of the jar, begin wrapping the twine. I held onto the beginning of the twine as I wrapped and by the time I got to the end, the top was dry. When I got to the bottom, I just held it for a couple of minutes and it stayed put fine. I may add a coat of mod podge or something to ensure the twine stays on without any wiggle room.
- Trim a piece of scrap cardboard to about 2 x 4" Use a circle punch to cut a couple of notches on the long sides and round the corner witha corner rounder.
- Trim the "relax" and "enjoy" (printed on a transparency) to the same size as the tag and attach the two together by wrapping some twine around the two pieces a few times.
- Using the liquid glue again, add a thin coating to the chipboard ampersand and sprinkle on the glitter.
- Add the "to:" greeting to the small tag (I also added a "from:" on the back of the tag using the same rub-ons.)
- Tie all of the pieces together stacking the smaller container on top of the large. I also added a natural bristle brush to go with the bath salts. For the bath salts, I just combined some Epsom salt with a few drops of scented oil. You can add a bit of food coloring as well if you want to tint the salt.
The resource was found at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/SEED/27816/
you should be redirected automatically.
Member Submissions for this seed:
Copyright © 1999-2014 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.