Great ideas for gifts - thanks for instructions!!
thanks for the inspiration. Will definitely try iron on transfer.
This is so pretty! I love that bag.
Oh this is fabulous! Love how you did the bag!! :)
Event Lesson - Connecting with Creativity: Canvas Tote & Card
by Jen Martakis
Galleries: Cardmaking, Altered Projects, Packaging
I'm so excited to share my project for this event with you! I created a hybrid gift bag and card set for my mom for Mother's Day. I've been wanting to try iron-ons for a long time but just never bought the supplies and actually got around to it. I am so happy that I finally did though!
For the gift bag you will need the following supplies:
Canvas Tote (any size - mine is 5.5x6“), Iron-On Transfer Printer Paper, Digital Kits or images (I used my Thankful For and Blossom kit available here.), scissors or craft knife, printer, and ribbon.
1. You need to pick out the digital images you would like to put onto your bag. Re-size and/or re-color as desired.
2. Following directions on iron-on transfer paper, print out your designs. Make sure you choose ”mirror image" in your printer settings.
3. Let images dry. Follow directions for iron-on transfer paper and iron on your images. *hint* my paper said to use the cotton setting on my iron and I burned my transfer the first time. I started over and used a lower heat setting. ;)
4. Let the tote sit with the backing paper on it until it is completely cooled. Remove backing paper.
5. Fill tote with all sorts of fun gifts for mom to pamper herself with…lotion, body wash, perfume…a great book. Use your imagination.
6. Tie a ribbon around the handle and voila!
For the card you will need the following supplies:
Digital Kit - Jen Martakis - Thankful For, digital software such as PSE, printer, white cardstock, trimmer, chipboard letters, pop dots, and adhesive.
1. Create a card base. Mine measures 4.25x5.5“.
2. Create separate card components in PSE or like program. The following are my measurements for each piece: dotted background - 4.25x5”, red strip - 4.25x2“, brown strip - 4.25x1”, tan rectangle - 1.25x4“, white w/flower - 1x3.75”.
3. Print, cut out and assemble.
4. Add chipboard letters.
I'm challenging you to play along! Create a project inspired by this canvas tote and/or card - whether it be creating a hybrid project, using the digital kit, using an iron-on, etc. Be sure to describe how you were inspired and what you did in the description of your project to qualify. Upload it to the member gallery by next Sunday, the 8th, at 11:59 pm CST. There will be a drawing and the winner announced on the Education board on Monday.
To see the other projects in the Connecting with Creativity series, just visit the Events section [twopeasinabucket.com] under ‘Classes & Events.’
This challenge has no submissions yet.
Copyright © 1999-2013 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.