You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - SOF12 2nd Chance--Shrink Plastic & Craft Foam



very cool, love what you have come up with for this challenge!

I think you mastered all 3 challenges! Great idea to do a shrink flower with craft foam leaves!

beautiful card! Love the PP!! And the flower is so pretty! You did such a great job with color choices, techniques, and balance! Lovely!


Wow! I'd swear your waxpaper BG was a commercial PP!

CF leaves look good. See the challenge thread for more comments on thin foam.

Thot the flower was CF, too! Beautiful!

Your flower looks like glass! The background color is so pretty! Great card!

I love the background!

Project - SOF12 2nd Chance--Shrink Plastic & Craft Foam
About this project

Project - SOF12 2nd Chance--Shrink Plastic & Craft Foam
by djc
posted 10/26/12 at 10:12 PM
Galleries: Stamping

For the Second Chance Hangover Challenge, I'm posting a card using Anne's Shrink Plastic Challenge and Daniel's Craft Foam Challenge. The background is LeighAnn's Wax Paper Challenge.

4 1/4“ x 5 1/2”
Bazzill Cardstock
Kromekote White Glossy Cardstock (background)
Shrink Plastic, sanded
Crafter Square craft foam, 1.5 mm thick, green
Grosgrain Ribbon

Wax Paper Resist Technique
Glossy cardstock
Stampin’ Up! Textured Impressions by Sizzix, Petals-a-Plenty
Distress Inks applied with Finger Daubers, Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge

Magenta Stamp (flower)
Translucent Shrink Plastic, sanded
Staz-on Cotton White Ink
Prismacolor Markers, Burnt Orange & Yellow Orange
Swarovski Flat-back Rhinestone, Topaz, SS16

Unknown Stamp (leaf) a RAK from Nora
Craft Foam, 1.5 mm thick, green
Versafine Olympia Green Ink
Adirondack Permanent Markers (lines in leaves)

Judikins Diamond Glaze (on both flower and leaves)

I shrank both the flower (shrink plastic) and the leaves (craft foam). Both look so much better in real life. The colors on the flowers match the colors in the background and cardstock. The leaves also look much better in real life. I added Diamond Glaze to the leaves and flowers because I was thinking of Beady's beautiful SOF12 pieces.

I stamped the leaf with VersaFine ink; it smeared. I should have used Staz-on. The ink did set when it shrank.

I originally used Prismacolor pencils to color the flower on the back, but once the plastic was shrunk, the color didn't show through the translucent plastic so after shrinking the plastic, I used Prismacolor Markers (alcohol markers). I guess I can only use color pencils on the back of clear shrink plastic; I've done that in the past. It can still have a frosty look when you sand the plastic.

Thank you, Anne, Daniel, and LeighAnn, for the challenges.


{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}