these are really great!
awesome i love the colors too
Project - a colorful christmas // misted tags
Galleries: Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Packaging
hi peas! i'm here today with a project for the colorful christmas event. i've got some tips for dressing up ordinary shipping tags (i get mine at the office supply store) with misting + masking. you could use these tags on your gifts, on a card, or even in your december daily. all of these masking tricks would work well on scrapbook pages as well.
1. these are the three tags we'll be misting - each with a different technique.
2. i started this project by gathering mist in my color scheme - silver/gray, aqua & green. i added mister huey's shine for a little sparkle as well. before i start with the masking techniques, i wanted to share some general tips for using mist.
3. for my first tag, i used a premade mask. this one is by studio calico and is made of a thick plastic. it's clear when you buy it, but (ahem), if you're lazy about cleaning it, it will get stained. ;) these types of masks are usually heavy enough that you can simply set them onto your project without any adhesive. spray your mist over it and then carefully remove the mask.
4. i also like to use stickers as masks. pretty much any kind of sticker will work for this, from plain stickers to chipboard. i do stick them to my jeans first, to take off a little of the stickiness - you need to be able to get them back OFF afterwards! i misted this tag with gray and then added another layer of mister huey's shine.
5. another fun masking technique is to use the negative from a die cut. i used my cameo to cut a large ampersand and then used the negative to mist the shape onto my tag. a small piece of cardstock like this can sometimes curl up a bit when you mist it, so i used temporary adhesive to stick the mask to the chipboard in my mist box so it couldn't go anywhere. i used a light aqua mist for this tag.
6. here's a look at my three tags once they were misted.
7. i added chipboard letters and paper scraps to this tag.
8. to finish this tag, i added a typed sentiment, some patterned paper, and buttons.
9. i cut slits along the ampersand to add banners with words typed on them, and then added some washi tape and punched stars.
Copyright © 1999-2014 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.