nice card .love the details!
How pretty!! I love your color choices!
wow, that doily pp looks so pretty with this card. great job on this one anne!
oh, I love this background!
A very pretty card-love the lace background and all the pretty flowers! Lucky the receipient!
Anne, this is the prettiest card. I love knowing your step by step process. I love that background paper and the bright color of your ribbon. Everything fits together so beautifully. Right into my bookmarks.
Project - Saturday Card Sketch Challenge with Kimber 8.11.12
posted 08/15/12 at 05:28 PM
My card using Kandis' color combo challenge: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/projects/challenges/1846957-weekly-challenge-color-combination/ [twopeasinabucket.com]
and Kimber's card sketch: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/projects/challenges/1848867-saturday-card-sketch-challenge-with-kimber-81112/ [twopeasinabucket.com]
Here's Glitter Girl's Out of the Box challenge: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/projects/videos/1850070-glitter-girl-adventure-033-out-of-the-box/ [twopeasinabucket.com]
She wanted us to pay close attention to our product choices and how we mix and match different products and manufacturers.
Here was my process after I decided to use Kandis' color combo & Kimber's sketch:
1. I just received a 2peas order and wanted to use my new Jillibean 6x6 pad so I started leafing through the pad and picked a patterned paper. Luckily, it had most of the colors I wanted to work with (kraft, aqua/teal, yellow, red).
2. I pulled a bunch of random patterned papers that also had the colors I wanted to use from my stash.
3. The ribbon happened to be on my desk and seemed to coordinate pretty well so I threw it in the kit.
4. I'm a visual person so then it was just a matter of playing around to make sure that everything coordinated (checking patterns, hue, tonal quality, etc) and I eliminated some items while going through this process.
5. I like to try and use stamps and punches on almost all my projects. Since I had also bought the new Pebbles stamp set, I wanted to try and use it as well as some existing punches from my stash.
6. The gems were a last minute add-on since the card seemed to need some oomph.
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: cardstock (MM, The Paper Company), pp (Recollections, Jillibean Soup, K&Co, BG), punches (MS, EK), ribbon (AC), ink (Colorbox), gems (Darice), stamp (Pebbles), adhesive (ATG, Scrapbook Adhesives, Xyron, EK Zig glue pen)
Copyright © 1999-2014 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.