You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - WF12 Hangover Challenge

Stats
488 Views
4 Likes
9 Comments
5 Bookmarks
Actions

9  Comments

Beautiful cards Anna-Karin! I can't wait to try playing with cling wrap! Awesome techniques you shared here, the scratching and gesso too.

Beautiful and unique cards!

Wonderful card and thanks for the details about how this card came to be. I have used the cling wrap on spray mist to make background, but never thought about removing some of the ink after to show the stamped image. This card is going in my favorites file. I want to try your technique.

Love, love, love the card, the colors, the sentiment and your details. Thanks so much

Fantastic! I will be trying this technique. great job!

Beautiful! I have to try this!! I really enjoy your attention to detail and the texture you have created with the cling wrap! Good Job!!! :)

Hi, Anna-Karin! This is magical! Love the wonderful texture you created and the way the colors blend. I also love the sentiment on vellum - and how you attached it with brads. Fabulous! :-)

Project - WF12 Hangover Challenge
About this project


Project - WF12 Hangover Challenge
by Anna-Karin
posted 02/21/12 at 09:12 AM
Galleries: Stamping

These cards are for Winterfest Hangover Challenge 2nd Chance. The are for Daria's Water Play challenge. It is also for this month's Hero Arts challenge.

I played with a fun technique with watercolours and cling wrap. The flowers were embossed with Sea Foam white powder first. Then I applied watercolours on watercolour paper with a paint brush. I mixed some of the colours beforehand and let the rest mix directly on the paper. The card was immediately covered with crumbled up cling wrap. It is important to let the paper dry with the cling wrap on top. It creates a great textured effect, and the texture differs depending on the look of the cling wrap and to some extent on the paint colour. For these two cards, I pulled the cling wrap so that it formed pleats, creating a grass like texture. I made a whole bunch of other backgrounds too, using different colours and crumbling the cling wrap up in different ways. It was a lot of fun.

After the background dried, I worked a bit on the flowers. First, I lifted colour out from the flowers with clean water and a paint brush, making them stand out more from the background. On the darker card, I mixed a deep pink/purple and painted it in the centre of the flower, also adding some addition lines besides the embossed ones, and shadows to the stems. I scratched away some of the paint with my craft knife, creating fine lines.

On the lighter card, I also lifted out the paint from the Dandelions, and painted dark pink in the centres. Then I dry brushed white gouache paint on top of the flowers, in the direction of the embossed lines, creating a misty, chalky look. The sentiments were white embossed on vellum. TFL!

Supplies: Hero Arts Star Bursts K5585, Anytime Messages CL129, Sending Smiles CL490; Daler & Rowney watercolours (pans); Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder; vellum; watercolour paper; pearls, rhinestones
0 Products Used In This Project

Sorry, we can't find any products related to this project at this time.

Enter a name for your new wishlist.

Product Name
by Brand Name
Price Goes here
 
SOLD OUT!
Please login above to add this to your downloads.

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}