You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - Renovation

Stats
84 Views
0 Likes
1 Comments
0 Bookmarks
Actions

1  Comment

ooh! Love the houses and the layers!

Project - Renovation
About this project


Project - Renovation
by Anna-Karin
posted 10/28/12 at 01:20 AM
Galleries: Scrapbooking

This is my layout for this weeks CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge: http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-43-case-closes-on-november-4-2012 [csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com] . Fabulous colours this week! From the evidence items I used: foliage, damask, ribbon, something transparent, curtains and black and white patterned paper. I journaled about a special event: the renovation of my parents' house. I wrote a lot of journaling so I wrote it on a separate paper and placed it behind the layout. I just describes the changes to each of the renovated rooms, compared to what they used to look like.

One of my favourite parts of the new look of the house is this city wall paper on two walls in the kitchen. I mimicked it on the background with a stamp. Because I used watercolour paper, and this stamp has many solid areas, the texture of the paper shows throw. It was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink. I used a foliage and bird stencil and misted Dylusions and home made mists through it, and I misted the yellow Dylusions mist here and there on the layout. Without planning it at all, one of the spots ended up looking like the sun coming up over the village. At the bottom of the page I misted yellow through a art definition text stencil, stamped with a brick stamp using Archival Ink Sap Green, and stamped with a splatter stamp with black ink.
Love this Rickety House die by Tim Holtz and made a house based on my parents' house. It was die cut from white mat board, with the roof being cut twice. I embossed the house with a brick folder and inked it with Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw. The roof was embossed with a grid folder and inked black. I added a left-over vintage lace to the roof, it had been inked with Pewter Distress Stain. The house got mica windows, and lace curtains and I placed some text paper behind the windows. TFL!!

Blogpost with close-ups: http://layersofink.blogspot.com/2012/10/csi-case-file-43-renovation.html [layersofink.blogspot.com]

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts: A Village S5432; Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge.
Dies: Sizzix: Rickety House, Brick Wall, Townscape On the Edge, Vintage Lace
Embossing folders: Bricked & Woodgrain, Dot-Matrix & Gridlock,
Ink: Distress Ink: Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Black Soot; Archival Ink Jet Black, Sap Green;
Mist: Dylusions Lemon Cest; mist made with Distress
Surfaces: Sizzix mat board; Studio Calico and BasicGrey patterned papers; Daler & Rowney watercolour paper
Stencils: The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Love Birds, Mini Art is
Adhesives: Ranger Crackle Accents
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Film Strip ribbon, ChitChat stickers; velvet ribbon; lace ribbon; mica flakes

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}