You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - Autumn Harvest Card (Day 1)

Stats
78 Views
1 Like
4 Comments
6 Bookmarks
Actions

4  Comments

Fabulous card, Anne! I love the multi-colored leaves and that wonderful background. Thank you for all the details.

Daria

djc

This is wonderful and you did such a great job of explaining what you did.

Beautiful card Anne! Love those leaves and the gorgeous background with all that texture and shine. The partial impression of the script stamp is just wonderful. TFS!!

Very pretty...I love the white leaves

Project - Autumn Harvest Card (Day 1)
About this project


Project - Autumn Harvest Card (Day 1)
by prospurring
posted 09/01/11 at 01:41 PM
Galleries: Stamping, Cardmaking

This card is made from a piece of 140# cold-pressed watercolor paper. First, I selected my maple leaf stamp from Hero Arts CL457 Real Leaves. I inked it up with Spiced Marmalade (orange), Fired Brick (red), and Peeled Paint (green). Then I misted the stamp, with pearl Perfect Pearls mixed with water from a mini-mister, and stamped it. I repeated this twice to create all three leaves and I set it aside to dry.

Once it was dry, I masked all three leaves with Eclipse tape. Then I placed the panel on top of my non-stick craft sheet and used a blending tool and foam to apply Scattered Straw Distress Ink over the entire panel. Then I stamped Hero Arts G3316 Harlequin Pattern Block over top, repeatedly, using Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Next, I misted the panel with water droplets and dried them immediately with my Heat It craft tool, to get a water splotchy effect. Next, I stamped Hero Arts S1832 Italian Poetry Background using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I only applied pressure to the edges, to give a random look, with the middle having less detail from the words.

Then, I mixed copper Perfect Pearls with water on my non-stick craft sheet and flicked it over top of the card for more sparkle and shine. I dried the flecks with my heat tool, applied Wild Honey Distress Ink using sponge daubers as a “shadow” to anchor the leaves, and then removed the masks. I edged the panel using a border punch and Wild Honey Distress Ink. Finally, I added white embroidery floss died with Peeled Paint Distress Ink as a finishing touch.

The close-up photo shows the effect of the copper and pearl Perfect Pearls better, although it is easier to see the copper than the pearl. Pearl is hard to photograph.

Part of my inspiration for this card was the Day 1 prompt in my friend Christy's (Gulfsprite's) 30 Days of Art Journaling class: http://www.gulfsprite.com/ [gulfsprite.com]

Thanks for looking! :-)
0 Products Used In This Project

Sorry, we can't find any products related to this project at this time.

Enter a name for your new wishlist.

Product Name
by Brand Name
Price Goes here
 
SOLD OUT!
Please login above to add this to your downloads.

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}