You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - WF12 Life is Sweeter with Friends

Stats
529 Views
1 Like
10 Comments
2 Bookmarks
Actions

10  Comments

Excellent on all levels, Anne!

That flower is purely gorgeous! Great card.

Beautiful card. I really like how you did the center of the flower, the shiny/sparkley finish you gave it really gives it fimension and makes it pop. I also love all the details you give about the different steps and techniques you used.

Fantastic! Love the colors and all of the techniques.

Another fantastic card! This is so beautiful. I love the Washi Tape; I'm going to have to look for that. I love everything you did here. Thank you for playing. Daria

djc

this is gorgeous. i think this would be awesome to do again in the fall!! the colors are so warm and restful to look at.

Project - WF12 Life is Sweeter with Friends
About this project


Project - WF12 Life is Sweeter with Friends
by prospurring
posted 02/19/12 at 12:58 PM
Galleries: Stamping, Cardmaking

Made for Daria's (djc's) Waterplay challenge, Daniel's (looser's) Die Stamp Die challenge, and Joanne's (gardencat's) Background Check challenge. I also dry embossed three things, but I only used 2 folders, so it does not qualify for Ann's (lickeyan's) P3 challenge.

Kraft card base. Applied printed washi tape along the seam. Then I dry embossed with a row of dots using a small embossing folder from Cuttlebug's 37-1171 Border with Love set.

Masked the washi tape and dry embossing with Eclipse masking tape. Then I stamped Hero Arts CG119 Flourish Background using VersaFine vintage sepia pigment ink.

Focal panel is 140# cold pressed watercolor paper. I stamped Hero Arts CG420 True Friends using VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed with Ranger seafoam white embossing powder.

When it was cool, I placed it on my non-stick craft sheet. I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink directly to the craft sheet and spritzed with water. Then I applied it to the panel using a watercolor brush.

Once it was dry, I die cut and dry embossed it with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Three. Then I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges using a sponge dauber.

Next I dry embossed the Friends panel using a flourish design from a Tim Holtz / Sizzix French Connections Texture Fades set. Then I wrapped it with metallic gold elastic string.

Next I stamped the center flower from Hero Arts S5485 Many Petals onto 140# cold-pressed watercolor paper. I used Ranger Archival Ink which is waterproof, so that the ink wouldn't run. I used Tsukineko sponge daubers to apply Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Fired Brick Distress Inks to the flower.

Then I used water and a paintbrush to “lift” the ink color from the center portion of the flower. This is what creates the “ringed” effect. I used a Sakura Stardust clear glitter gel pen to add sparkle and shine to the flower center. And I added dots using a Signo Uniball opaque white pen.

The butterflies are made from glossy cardstock (gloss paper) using Lemonade, Peach Bellini, and Shell Pink alcohol inks from Ranger applied with a blending tool and felt. Then I punched the butterflies.

The Friends panel, the flower, and the two butterflies are adhered to the card base using foam squares for dimension. The wings of the butterflies are bent and a golden gemstone added to each from Hero Arts CH216 Sunshine Mixed Accents.

Thanks for looking! :-)

P.S. The flower and the punched butterflies are from my Hidden Potential stash: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/379335-prospurring/1801273-wf12-hidden-potential-part-1/ [twopeasinabucket.com]

0 Products Used In This Project

Sorry, we can't find any products related to this project at this time.

Enter a name for your new wishlist.

Product Name
by Brand Name
Price Goes here
 
SOLD OUT!
Please login above to add this to your downloads.

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}