You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - WF14 - Glitzy Circles



Precious card! Thanks for your description. Just shows that there are no mistakes that can't be fixed in rubber stamping! It all looks like it was meant to be!

Darling card. I like the way the fairy seems to be looking at the circles on the right. I love the three circles all different, all colored beautifully. TFS. Daria


Wonderful card and pretty colors. I love the glitter! Yes, there is always a way to cover mistakes. I do it often! Thanks for doing my challenge!

This is lovely. The image is a sweetie and your flowers to cov er your prints were a great solution! The aqua flower is the perfect match for the fairies hair!

How cute is this! Your circles are awesome!

Fun, Fun, Fun. I must have this stamp set. I loved the circles that you did as accents to your main stamp. Love the sparkle on her antennas. The colors you used and the accents of the flowers and the ribbon are perfect. I love this card. Those mushrooms are so pretty. Where can I get this stamp.

Project - WF14 - Glitzy Circles
About this project

Project - WF14 - Glitzy Circles
by Craft Nerd
posted 02/16/14 at 10:53 PM
Galleries: Stamping, Cardmaking

This is the second card I created inspired by the Olympics. The base of the card was inspired by the Olympic hockey uniforms for team Canada and the US. Canada had shiny red maple leaves around the collars of their red jerseys and the US has shiny blue stars on their blue jerseys. So I stamped the butterfly cover-a-card stamp on the paper with Versamark and added clear embossing powder to get that shiny tone on tone effect. The stamp is by Impression Obsession. Because of the why I was orienting the base, the stamp didn't cover the whole card. So I had to reink and stamp it again at the very bottom. Since it didn't match up well, I covered the line with ribbon.

For the main image, I stamped a Kraftin Kimmie stamp and colored it with Copics. Then I painted her wings with glitter. This is the second card I ran into a problem with purple fingerprints. I died my hair purple on Thursday and there is ink residue on my scalp. So every time I scratch my head, I get purple under my nails and on my fingers. Apparently, I got purple finger prints on this piece. So a little creative embellishment placement to the rescue. I added the three flowers to cover the prints. The blue flowers have brads for their centers and the peach flower has stickles.

The bow is actually three bow layered on top of each other. I added the button with twine to cover the mess.

The circles were cut from a Hampton Art image that I had trouble stamping. I couldn't get a full clean image. So, taking lovepug2 (LeighAnn)'s advice from her challenge, I used a circle die to cut out sections that stamped well. They were colored with Copics.

{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}