You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - WSW12 - Shabby Chic/Material Whirl/Summer Combo

Stats
60 Views
0 Likes
9 Comments
0 Bookmarks
Actions

9  Comments

Beautiful.

Hi, Melissa! Fabulous shabby chic card! My favorite part is how you used Tea Dye Distress Ink to age the stamped focal image of the girl. It looks hand tinted. So awesome! :-)

Gorgeous card Melissa! It does qualify for my challenge. I love how your focal image is glossy with the lighthouse image stamped in a circle. So many wonderful elements of this card, I love looking at it! I wouldn't give this card away either! I would frame it and put it on display. TFS :)

Oh, Melissa, this is BEAUTIFUL! I spent ages looking at all the detail. You are so talented to be able to create all those different 'aged' looks, and the crackle looks great! Oh, it's just perfect, and so shabby chic. I wouldn't be giving this one away if I were you!

A wonderful confection! Thanks for sharing & taking my challenge!

That's a darling image, and I like how you colored and then distressed her. You did a good job combining challenges.

TFS.
Daria

djc

Project - WSW12 - Shabby Chic/Material Whirl/Summer Combo
About this project


Project - WSW12 - Shabby Chic/Material Whirl/Summer Combo
by yellowcherrios
posted 06/12/12 at 04:53 PM
Galleries: Cardmaking

This is my card for both the Shabby Chic Challenge and the Material Whirl Combo.

I stamped the little girl, which is Stamps Happen, and colored her with my Memento markers. I then used tea dye distress ink to age the picture. I tore the edges off and matted to CS that I torn the edges off two sides. I used my crackle accents to try to add cracks to the picture but that didn't really crack too much. I then applied tea dye distress ink over the top to try to bring out the few cracks that did happen.

I hand made the flowers. I punch the PP flowers from a Martha Stewart punch and then cut where I want petals and then hand rounded them with a wooden stick used for fondant flowers. I added pearlesc glue to the centers and then added black enamel accent. The red flower is a left over flower from eagertoretires Hot pink/red challenge, but I distressed it with white pigment ink then scraped the edges of the flower with scissors to distress. I added pink tissue paper to the center.

My button requirement is the button I made in the right hand corner. I stamped the sea scene on muslin after it was distressed with tea dye distress ink. I made it into a button using my button kit (what you find in fabric stores) and then used chalk to give it a little color. The butterfly in the left hand corner is also stamped on muslin and colored with memento markers and distressed along the edge with te dye ink again.

The lace is what I had in my sewing stash. I sprinkled the whole piece with metallic brads throughout. Lettering is from Hampton Arts and stamped with wicked black from Colorbox Dye ink.
TFL!!a

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}