You are here: Gallery Home > Projects >

Project - Color Challenge #11 - Burgandy, Orange, Lavender

Stats
143 Views
1 Like
4 Comments
0 Bookmarks
Actions

4  Comments

I like the airy look to your bouquet & the entire project is well conceived & executed!

Love the "bouquet' on the card front & the distressed punched edge is a nice 'warm' touch. I really like this card.

BTW, I've had some success hitting my uncooperative beading clear stamps with a fine grit sand paper. Just enough to add a bit of 'tooth' to the acrylic. It's kind of scarey the first time or two but it does work and does not damage the stamps.

Thanks for participating in the challenge!

This is such a beautiful card. I love all the detail. Nice job.

Beautiful card! I love the intricate stamping and pretty punched edge. Looks like it could be a wedding card! Great job!

Project - Color Challenge #11 - Burgandy, Orange, Lavender
About this project


Project - Color Challenge #11 - Burgandy, Orange, Lavender
by yellowcherrios
posted 11/06/12 at 04:32 PM
Galleries: Cardmaking

This is my card for the Color Challenge #11.

I used white CS, folded in half, then cut about 1.5“ off the right side. I then used Fiskar border punch to punch the edge. I stamped the red leaf flourish to the right of the border punched design. I wanted to heat emboss the image, so since I only had dye ink in that color, I first applied Versamark embossing ink to my stamp then applied Mementos Rhubarb Stalk dye ink and stamped the image. Then quickly I added clear detail embossing powder and heated.

Next I stamped the inside of the card with another flourish stamp with Mementos Desert Sand Dye ink. B/c it beads up on the clear stamp a little bit, I decided to pull the ink pad across the stamp to create a streaked effect—in person, it kinda looks like wood that has been painted with Desert Sand color. I distressed the inside will Milled Lavender by Tim Holtz distressed inks.

On the front, I distressed with Dried Marigold and a little Milled Lavender by Tim Holtz distressed inks. I then made my ”bouquet" by stamping in different inks. I first stamped the lavender leaves. I wanted them to have a soft look, rather than padding the colorbox ink on the pad, I dragged it ACROSS the pad. It looks like there is NO ink on the clear stamp when this is done, but then it gives such nice soft results when stamped. Then I dragged the Mementos Rhubarb Stalk dye ink pad across the gingko leaf stamp and stamped. Then I dragged the Mementos Pear Tart dye ink across a stamp of a tree I have—BUT I only wanted parts of the tree to look like green vines cascading down on the side of the bouquet so I only inked the parts I wanted to give that effect. And finally I stamped the scroll-flower bud thingy (LOL) using TIm Holtz Ink. Distressed inks and clear stamp do not like each other and even with this fine lined stamp, the ink beaded up on it to produce blotches (and yes it was a primed stamp)—SO I used my distress tool applicator and would apply the ink to the foam, rub it on my craft mat, then apply to the stamp. I found if I applied to the foam, then to the stamp (thus skipping the craft mat) it still beaded up, just not as bad as direct ink to stamp application.

I tied everything together with a ribbon I tied in a knot and then positioned like so.

The stamps are Martha Stewart, with exception of the scroll-bud flower (I do not know mfr), and the stamps used for the inside and side–those are Inkadinkado.

TFL!

Hide
{* title *}
{* icon *}
{* body *}
{* footer *}