What a cool tag! Love the queen of hearts theme! Perfect for Valentines Day. So many fun elements and patterns to this. I love how you had to eat some chocolate for your tag! Again, perfect for Valentines Day. Thanks for joining the swap and sharing your wonderful creation :)
I love your resourcefulness for making the lettering and for other parts of your tag! Very creative and fun to look at everything you have done!
Good job and TFS!
As the PA 'Dutch' say, "there's a wonderful lot going on here!".
I love the collage look & will definitely be looking @ this several more times.
I really love your tag. I was really wondering how you got those letters, thanks for sharing your secret! I love the creative theme of this. I think my favorite detail is the copper harlequin pattern repeated from the washi tape :)
Project - February Tag Swap 2013 -
posted 02/06/13 at 10:09 PM
Albums: Tags 2013
1. Started by stamping a solid circle stamp (Hero Arts) in gold ink (Brilliance Galaxy Gold) on tag (Ranger).
2. Wanted to use Distress Stains on tag to color background. Thought that gold circles might resist the stains, no such luck (Note to self – give up on the resists!)- but did make background shiny. Also found that Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain completely overpowers Broken China & Faded Jeans, even when water is added.
3. Took a diamond patterned un-mounted heart stamp (Invoke Arts) and “rolled” it on the tag with copper ink (Brilliance Cosmic Copper). Used an open heart stamp (Hero Arts) and stamped with black ink (Memento) on background. Used white gel pen (Ranger) to add dots in hearts.
4. Covered the edges of the tag with washi tape (Prima).
5. Stamped woman (Character Constructions) with black ink (Memento) on patterned paper (Basic Grey). Fussy cut out. Added white glaze gel pen to heart on her check (from paper and lucky stamp placement) to accent. Added a felt flower with a copper brad to figure.
6. Began to assemble tag – Added a piece of paper (Basic Grey) with a pink dot rub-on (American Crafts) and rounded top corners to tag. Added sentiment stickers (maker unkown) to bottom of tag after inking the edges. Added a little glitter with pen (Copic Spica) and a little Tattered Rose Distress Stain to stickers.
7. Ate a bunch of Hersheys Simple Pleasure candy to get bronze colored wrappers (See the things that I do to make art!). Attached wrappers to card stock and cut out the word “QUEEN” with a die (Tim Holtz) and hearts with a punch (Fiskars).
8. Glued on the letters and added heart to the figure’s hand. Attached the figure to tag with foam adhesive.
9. Added “of” & “hearts” word stickers (Tim Holtz) to tag after inking the edges. Also used a little Distress Stain/Ink (Tattered Rose & Antique Linen) on them for color.
10. No copper colored ribbon on hand, so I used metallic Distress Stain (Antiqued Bronze) on a shiny white ribbon to color. Added to tag and tied another ribbon (that had been altered with Distress Stains) in a knot to keep everything in place.
11. Back of tag was covered in paper (Basic Grey), vinyl die cut heart (Sizzix), and punched hearts.
Copyright © 1999-2014 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.