I do the same thing...I'm always the last one up, and it's so fun to get this same annual photo with the different gifts each year. Beautiful layout.
Love your layout!
I have a similar svg file awaiting use by my Silhouette, and this layout is giving me some great inspiration! I really love the white/off white subtle tone on tone combo. Beautiful and elegant!
Project - holiday theme: the night before Christmas
by Wendy Sue
I always try to remember to take a picture of our tree before we go to bed on Christmas Eve. To me, the warm glow of the tree lights late at night is the most magical image! I usually don't scrap one photo on a 12x12 layout, but this one felt like it deserved it's very own page - so I did it!
Here are just a few of the details I am loving about this layout:
* I used my silhouette to cut the background - I am so excited to start seeing so many fun digital cutting files in the Two Peas store!!
* I love the subtle details of white against off-white or cream. The shaped background was cut from solid white cardstock, but I used an off-white paper for the background.
* Die-cut backgrounds like this look great just as they are, but filling some of the openings with pops of color makes it completely unique! I used coordinating patterned papers to fill in behind some of the shapes.
* This type of background is also a great way to use lots of fun decorative brads without it looking super redundant or bulky.
* I used an embossing folder to add just a touch of texture to the tag that's tucked underneath the photo - aren't those swirls perfect for this dreamy-looking photo?
* And of course, I had to add some machine stitching with coordinating thread - simply because I love the handmade touch it adds!
Thanks so much for reading through all of my little details - and may your Christmas Eve be as magical as you can imagine it to be! :)
Copyright © 1999-2014 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.