Challenge - Digital Challenges : absolutely chill
by Erica Hernandez
This week's technique challenge is to create a layered stamped look. Use brushes, stamps or fonts and create a layout that mimcs the look of a stamped image over multiple layers. The second image shows a close up of my stamped layers. To accomplish this look, I:
- create a new layer for each stamp image.
- position these layers above the top layer you want the stamp to appear on.
- duplicate the layers and position the duplicates below the top layer and above the lower layer that you want the stamps to overlap onto.
- for the top set of stamped images, change the mode to multiply, lower the opacity (I used 75%) and clip them to the top layer (ctrl + g) I clip them so that the shadow will appear more realistic (without the stamp covering the layer)
- for the bottom set of stamped images, change the mode to multiply and leave the opacity at 100% I also like to rotate the image just a little and nudge it a bit up/down/sideways to make it look like the stamp slipped a bit.
I like to use multiply mode because it allows the pattern and texture to show through the image a bit - I think that adds to the look of the stamp.
Copyright © 1999-2013 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.