Challenge - Weekly Digital Challenge: Scrap a tradition
by Erica Hernandez
With all of the fun new holiday digi goodies coming out, I had to play around with them! I rarely take photos at Christmas or scrap any Christmas layouts though so I took a different approach and decided to do a non-photo layout about some of our holiday traditions. Don't feel obligated to do Christmas or even a holiday for that matter! Scrap a Sunday afternoon ritual or a the story of your uncle Herb snoring on the couch while the game is on after every turkey dinner. The title on my layout has a bit of a double meaning...as in, tradition ROCKS (because they are so cool :p) and that traditions have rules...have to be followed for the perfect holiday experience :) So let's see what your traditions are!
1. Drag kraft paper to a new 8.5 x 11" canvas.
2. Open photo mask template and holly artwork. Change photo template to white (I do this by drawing a white box over the template, rasterizing and merging). Add holly, merge and add a texturizer filter to give the appearance of textured cardstock. Add journaling to piece and drag to layout.
3. Open wordart and resize to 8.5" wide. Add to layout and set to "overlay" mode.
4. Add title, small strip of red patterned paper and lace strip between title and journaling.
5. In bottom left corner, layer mesh star, glittered greeting and journaling strip.
Kraft paper: Krafty Boy
Red Patterned paper: Winter Wonderland
Shaped journaling box: Template Crazy
Ornament and "merry & bright" wordart: Season's Greetings
Lace: Lacey Days (Nov. 15th)
Holly art and journaling strip: Merry Times (Nov. 15th)
Mesh star: Corroded Mesh Alphabet (Nov. 15th)
Glittered "merry": Glittered Greetings (Nov. 15th)
Fonts: Fling andGeoSansLight
Copyright © 1999-2013 It's Like This LLC. Two Peas in a Bucket is a trademark of It's Like This LLC. All Rights Reserved.