Challenge - Digital Challenges : The One About Jake and Landon
by Erica Hernandez
Your collection of patterned paper can double as a wonderful source of page embellishments. Take a look at your paper stash with new eyes to find unique elements for your next page! On this layout, I pulled some shapes from Anne's Okey Dokey paper to create some dimensional accents.
1. Open a new 11 x 8.5" canvas. Open patterned paper and drag to new canvas. Size and position as desired.
2. Open green patterned paper and edge template. Use the template as a clipping mask and merge the two layers. Drag to new layout and position as shown.
3. Open photos, size and add to layout.
4. Create a white box that spans the height of the layout and position behind the third photo. Change the opacity to 75% to create a vellum effect. Type journaling in this box.
5. Add blue strip, add canvas texture and shadow, and create title here. Select the background paper layer. Select your magic wand tool, click on one of the green circular areas and click ctrl + j (in PSE) to create a new layer that contains *just* the green accent. Add a bevel and drop shadow to add some depth to the element (I used 7 px for each setting) You can move the element wherever you'd like but I left them in the same position covering the area of paper I pulled the embellishment from.
6. Add painted frame, stitching and jewels. Add drop shadows as desired.
brown and green patterned papers: Okey Dokey Paper Pack
scalloped edge template: Template Crazy
Painted frame: Matted Brush Kit
stitching: Joined at the Hip v. 2
Jewels: December 25
fonts: District Thin (journaling) and AL Professor (title)