Challenge - Digital Challenges : grow little plants
by Erica Hernandez
I have a world-famous black thumb so I'm fairly proud of myself that I managed to grow some flowers from seed (thanks Target dollar spot!) This week's challenge to use a apple green/sea mist/watermelon color combo was just what I needed to scrap this photo of the flowers just poking out of the dirt.
1. Open a new 11 x 8.5" canvas. Use the texturizer filter to add a canvas finish.
2. Use Matted Brush Set to add watermelon colored painted mat.
3. Add apple green box at right edge. Type title (large 'grow' at 25% opacity.)
4. Open photo. Using the Vintage Photo Tool Kit add an overlay. Adjust the opacity as desired. Add to layout. Open photo mat from the Iconography kit and add above photo. Add a coordinating blue box under star opening.
5. Add leaves (slightly recolored,) metal tags, tag, ribbon and stitching.
5. Type journaling and date.
Vintage Tool Kit: photo overlay
Going Buggy: ribbon, leaf accent
Spool of Stitches: stitching
Fun & Games Mini Kit: star brush on photo mat
Tag Teasers: date tag
Matted brush set: painted mat brush
Iconography (coming soon): photo mat
2ps Evergreen, AL Uncle Charles fonts