Challenge - Digital Challenges : Scrap your heritage or family tree
by Sande Krieger
The weeks challenge is to scrap your heritage or family tree. Tell a story about a relative or scrap how you have the same traits or features as your grandmother. My grandad was a big influence in my life. He died when my two youngest sons weren’t old enough to remember him. There are so many stories I want them to hear about him, so this is just the beginning of many layouts to come about his life.
NOTE: ***I used one kit that isn’t coming out until Sunday, April 1st, 2 Peas Made in France (all paper & library pocket).
I made this layout using Photoshop CS2 and following these steps:
1. Open a new 11 x 8.5 inch document.
2. Open the A25 orange paper from the 2 Peas Made in France kit and copy and paste it onto your new layout document.
3. Open the Brown lined paper from the 2 Peas Made in France kit and copy and paste it onto your layout. Use the Free Transform tool to rotate it and move it down to the bottom of your layout.
4. Place your photo at the seam of the two papers on the right side of the layout.
5. Open the striped library pocket from the 2 Peas Made in France kit and copy and paste (or drag it) onto your layout. Use the Free Transform tool to make it smaller and the move tool to move it next to your photo.
6. Open a journaling card from the 2 peas Write ‘em Up kit and place it on the layer underneath your library pocket. Use your Free Transform tool to make it the correct size.
7. Open the eyelet from the 2 Peas Junk in the Trunk kit and add it to the top of the journaling card.
8. Start a new layer and stamp circle journaling lines from the 2 Peas Journaling Spaces kits. I stamped it twice to make the journaling block longer and used an eraser to erase the excess.
9. Type your title and subtitle and rotate them using the Free Transform tool. 10. Type your journaling on the lines. I type one line at a time and used the move tool to move it where I wanted it.
11. Add a tab from the 2 Peas All Season’s Tab kit and staples from the 2 Peas Altered Elements kit.
12. Open the numbers strip from the 2 Peas Altered Elements kit and copy and paste it (or drag it) onto your layout.
13. Open a new layer underneath the numbers layer and using your color picker, choose a light yellow from the striped journaling card. Choose a round brush that is large enough to fill the circles the numbers are in and stamp circles behind the numbers so that they show up more.