Amazing as always. You always manage to come up with a new idea!!!
Very very cool Shannon. Love your style.
Just love your layouts... you always give me such inspiration. Thank you!!
Always love your layouts, so fun :)
love the layout!
I love all the color you always use on your layouts. Thanks for the inspiration.
Video - 213 in 2013: #1 Goal
by Shannon Tidwell
Welcome to the series 213 in 2013!
This is a series of weekly lessons where I and a team of other Garden Girls will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. It's going to be a creative year!
I'm so glad it's my turn to bring you 213 in 2013 again! This week I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You can pick one…or challenge yourselves with all 5. And don't forget to bookmark this thread [twopeasinabucket.com] as a great resource for all the 213 videos and prompts.
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Use the Background Pattern as a Guide
2. Go Primary
3. Create a Photo Grid
4. All Boy!!
5. Pop Dot Crazy
A little bit about each prompt:
1. This is a great way to get a layout started if you are at a loss…use the designs in the background patterned paper as a guide. You could cut them out, add stitching, add layering, etc. I love starting with a bold background design…that's less work that will have to be done later on!
2. Don't forget about those primary colors! Some of my favorite manufacturers that use primary colors are KI Memories, Elle's Studio, and Simple Stories. I combined all three for this layout. Basing primary colors on kraft keeps them from being too overpowering.
3. This is a great way to easily figure out photo placement for more than one photo. You don't even have to trim, just overlap.
4. I'll admit, lately I've been reaching for those pink supplies a little too often. Push yourself out of your ‘usual’ and go in a different direction with your subject matter & color scheme. It gets the creative juices flowing!
5. Pop Dots Rule! They give new life to all those stickers in your stash. They help with layering & lifting. Without pop dots this page would have been very flat because I mostly used paper and stickers. But with just a few (or 50) pop dots the design jumps off the page at you.
Now enjoy the video of this layout coming together…
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate! Yay!!