Another lovelylayout! I am defintely inspired to get out of my comfort zone and use my stash of mists!
Szilvi - it's a cut purchased on the Silhouette store :)
Great video and beautiful layout. Thanks for the inspiration.
Btw, what's the name of the fonts you used for your title?
Great video and layout!!
Lovely video Celine :*
Video - 213 in 2013 - Grand Canyon Layout
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to the series 213 in 2013!
213 in 2013 a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end.
I'm very proud to introduce you to my very first 213 in 2013 video!!! This week I've got 4 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 4 or just pick the one you like best!
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Soften any background with Gesso
2. Mix mists & water for a softer watercolor look
3. Insert pocket for a hidden photo
4. Add glitter to make your title pop!
A little bit about each prompt:
1. Whenever I want to use a busy patterned paper as a background, the only thing that comes to my mind to soften the look of it is gesso. With a card, simply add a thin layer of gesso all over the background and let it dry (or use a heat gun).
2. Mists are one of my favorite things in the world (after Haribo candies and my cats) but sometimes, the colors are too vibrant, especially if I want a very soft layout. What I usually do is mix them with water to get softer colors. It's very easy! The great thing is that, if you don't like it, you can use towel paper to wipe it off as it won't dry immediately on the gesso.
3. If you have lots of photos you would like to use on your layout, making an insert pocket to store a few extra pictures is a great idea. Whether you make an enveloppe or turn a postcard into a pocket, you can adjust whatever pocket to the size of your picture.
4. Glitter papers by American Crafts are the best. You can cut them, punch them or easily trim them. You can even cut them with your Silhouette! Here, I cut my title with my Silhouette and mount the title on gold glitter paper, to make my title pop! Glue your title using 3D foam tabs and you're good to go!
Now enjoy the video of this layout coming together?
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate!