lovely creative layouts, thanks for this video.
I love that you said "you don't have to think about it...". You are so right...be creative and play!
Beautiful layout! Thanks for the stamping inspiration
thanks for talking us thru it; wonderful.
Love the video
Love your stamped border, in fact I love all the stamping you did. Awesome layout.
Video - 213 in 2013 - Happy Birthday
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to another lesson in the series 213 in 2013!
I'm very proud to introduce you to my new 213 in 2013 video!!! This week, I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 5 or just pick the one you like best!
213 in 2013 is a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. See the list of prompts so far this year here [twopeasinabucket.com].
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Make a photo collage and split it up in two different parts
2. Play with stamps to create a pattern on your background
3. Turn your stamps into journaling labels
4. Mix stickers & die-cuts for a fun look
5. Mix Thickers & Alpha Stamps for your title
A little bit about each prompt:
1. I simply made a photo collage of pictures taken with my iPhone and printed the whole collage on a A4 photo paper - you can definitely print this out on a 8,5x11 photo paper as well! then cut it in the middle to glue it on your two different patterns papers. This will actually make the double-page layout a whole and bring them all together.
2. I am addicted to stamps. I can't get enough. For this layout, I thought it would be fun to actually add patterns using different stamps. I used some of my new Technique Tuesday stamps I had used once before, and some October Afternoon and Lawn Fawn stamps. As I have two different titles (one on each page), I used two different embossing powders : white and clear. Feel free to use paints or mists to add colors to your background to make your title pop!
3. I'm sure you have lots of stamps that can be used like journaling labels! Here, I stamped them using Prima Chalk Edges inks designed by Ingvild Bolme - those are my all time favorites! Stamp and cut around the edges of each design, and adhere them to your layout with glue, double sided tape or foam tabs!
4. I've been loving stickers and die-cuts for a long time - these can be mixed together on a layout very easily! Simply add them to your layout as a tiny embellishment, or make them pop by gathering a bunch of them on your photo, and you'll get a fun and colorful look on your layout!
5. I've always loved mixing different fonts for my title but mixing Thickers and Alpha stamps is fun! You need to pick different fonts for both of them, see what kind of inks or embossing powders you're going to use because it needs to match the colors/texture of the Thickers you're going to use…well, it's a fun technique that gives a lot of visual interest to your layout!
Now enjoy the video of this layout coming together?
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate!
Enter a name for your new wishlist.