love the background work and the word border!
great tips for using word stickers as a border!
Those word stickers look great around the border.
Great tips! I am going to try bordering my pages with stickers next time I need another color to my layout.
I really like the stitching on the silhouette background. It's like you read my mind because I was thinking about doing this last night but couldn't figure out how to make it work. You solved my dilemma!
Vibrant, full of energy l/o! Love your stitching - cute idea. Your stickers along the edge turned out great too. Thanks for showing us your work. Maria
Video - 213 in 2013 - Hey Good Life - Two Peas in a Bucket
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to another lesson in the series 213 in 2013!
I'm very proud to introduce you to my new 213 in 2013 video!!! This week, I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 5 or just pick the one you like best!
213 in 2013 is a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. See the list of prompts so far this year here [twopeasinabucket.com].
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Cut your own background with your Silhouette
2. Add texture using stitching within a design.
3. Glue your pictures diagonally
4. Use a stencil as your main title
5. Use stamps as embellishments on your layout
A little bit about each prompt:
1. I love what you can do with a Silhouette Cameo. I chose a 12x12 LEAF background that I made slightly smaller though, and cut it onto a white cardstock. Glued on a yellow Lawn Fawn patterned paper, it really pops off and gives a very Spring/Summer like theme to my background, which is exactly what I want :)
2. I've always been into sewing, even though I have to admit that I feel way more self-confident with my sewing machine than hand stitching. But recently, I found a box of DMC thread in my scraproom and thought it would be fun to add extra texture to my crafty projects!
3. Working diagonally with your main layout design gives an extra interest to it - don't forget to work with layering techniques to add extra texture!
4. Those Fancy Pants Designs Stencils cards rock! Whether you paint them, mist them, stamp them, the quality of their cardstock is amazing! I simply used a patterned paper and glued it on the back of the stencil. I added some Lawn Fawn stamps to add some prints here and there and voilà!
5. Stamps are fantastic if you use them as embellishments! Stamp them in black or in color, emboss them, and mount them on foam tabs to make them pop out from your background!
Let's check the video now!
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate! Look for the winner on the Two Peas blog.