Another fun layout by Celine, but the sound stops about halfway for me. The video continues but no audio.
Trying to catch up on the videos, but this one wouldn't play for me. Might just be my computer? Maria
hi celine, great layout! love the look of the whitewashed chalkboard tape. and i am loving the watercolor technique with the daubers :)
very nice LO Celine! You are so good with backgrounds!
Love the layout. Specially the background you created.
Video - 213 in 2013 - My Pretty Girls
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to another lesson in the series 213 in 2013!
I'm very proud to introduce you to my new 213 in 2013 video!!! This week, I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 5 or just pick the one you like best!
213 in 2013 is a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. See the list of prompts so far this year here .
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Play with CHALK Tape
2. Gesso to whiten up the chalk
3. Daubers & Water = LOVE!
4. White mists to make contrasts!
5. Alpha stamps & Watercolor = cool title!
A little bit about each prompt:
1. I've been in LOVE with these Fancy Pants Designs Chalk Tapes, any size, or any shape! The quality is beyond amazing (it sticks AND it keeps the paint perfectly on its texture). I wanted to create a very contrasted background, working on a white background that I would alter using gesso and paints, and also Chalk tape to get a fun chalkboard look!
2. As the quality of the tape is fantastic, the gesso (which is an acrylic primer to create canvases) will remain stuck on the tap and will dry fast, even if you layer it with a baby wipe!
3. Daubers are one of my new favorite tools! They're easy to use, you can paint, alter, make backgrounds with them, but did you know you can mix them with water and use them as watercolor??? Take a look at the video!
4. The Studio Calico White Opaque mist is a must-have. I used it to create small white dots that gives so much texture, contrasts and patterns to my chalk tape background.
5. To play a little bit more with my Daubers, I used one of my favorite Alpha stamps sets from Lawn Fawn, stamped my title with Versafine ink, and color each letter with a water brush and Daubers! Love the result!
Let's check the video now!
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate! Look for the winner on the Two Peas blog.
Enter a name for your new wishlist.