loved your fearless embellishment placement! Thanks for the inspiration.
Celine - I love the layout. Most importantly, I love the theme - its good to think about what nourishes us. What a great thing to scrapbook about! Future generations will know you better because of this layout!
Celine, great way to use those frames - I like the way you arranged them and let some of them "go off the page". Maria
I enjoyed very much to wach your video. I am strugling with my pages being perfect and the notion of imperfectness is one among many things I have to work with. So it was very important seeing the making of your page, how you were thinking the process. Thanks!
love watching your process i think i would stop here but, i love how you keep going! beautiful and yes i want to go play thank you
Video - 213 in 2013 video by Celine Navarro - NOURISH
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to another lesson in the series 213 in 2013!
I'm very proud to show you to my new 213 in 2013 video!!! This week, I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 5 or just pick the one you like best!
213 in 2013 is a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. See the list of prompts so far this year here [twopeasinabucket.com].
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Create your own background with embossed prints
2. Embrace imperfection
3. Create a fun quilted-like background with cardboard frames
4. More than one title for your layout!
5. Fill in the blanks!
A little bit about each prompt:
1. I LOVE stamps. I love using them on almost all of my projects. I've always found gorgeous cards made with kraft cardstock and embossed with clear powder - you get than pretty tone-on-tone effect that looks so chic! Simply grab your favorite stamps, your Versamark ink and your Zing Embossing powder and you're good to go! Work on a 8,5x11 kraft cardstock and have fun!
2. Is it really important if your stamps are not aligned perfectly on your layout? If your lines look a little bit ackward? Making art involves imperfection and accepting it. No matter how beautiful (or not) your layout is, as long as you like it and it means something to you. I personnally don't mind if my stamping isn't perfect, as long as I enjoyed the process and that I like the end result.
3. Those cardboard frames rock! Use them for your patterned papers or for your favorite photos and you'll be sure you'll be attracted by their size and shape right away on your layout!
4. We always end up with one single title on our layout, on 99% of our layouts. Why? Who said we couldn't use more? I thought it would be fun to repeat and use the same alpha stickers and add different titles.
5. The empty spaces on my layout bothered me (more than the unaligned stamping!hehe) so I filled in the blanks with stickers, chipboards, and more! Respect the color scheme you used since the beginning and you won't be disappointed! This is a great way to empty your stash as well!
Let's check the video now!
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate! Look for the winner on the Two Peas blog.
Enter a name for your new wishlist.