I love these prompts! I'll have to put my old thickers to use this way :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Very inspiring! Love the process, love the look! Merci pour le tuto!
It's so great!!!! I want to try it now!!!
Celine, amazing work! I was thinking you might end with a muddy mess with all that water and mists, but it turned out beautifully. You Garden Girls are so brave! Maria
Love. Love. Love...as always. :-)
Love Love Love this! Very Original. Thank you for showing us how you make some of your own embellishments! Very Creative! I hope to see more mixed media on this site! Great job!
Video - 213 in 2013 - Not Always Happy but...
by Celine Navarro
Welcome to another lesson in the series 213 in 2013!
I'm very proud to show you to my new 213 in 2013 video!!! This week, I've got 5 fun prompts for you to get you motivated to scrap. You are free to be inspired by all 5 or just pick the one you like best!
213 in 2013 is a series of weekly lessons where the Garden Girls and I will provide you with a list of 213 creative prompts by year's end. See the list of prompts so far this year here .
THIS WEEK'S PROMPTS:
1. Recycle Old Chipboards
2. Cover with Gesso & mists
3. It's OK to scrapbook sad photos/stories
4. Make your own Feathers
5. Use few embellishments
A little bit about each prompt:
1. We all have thousands of left-over chipboards or Thickers alphas sleeping in our craft room. Let's use them in a creative way! Grab those leftovers letters and place them on a white cardstock to create a fun and textured background!
2. You might want to cover them with gesso before doing anything else. Of course, if you like your background the way it is, then fine! Keep it that way! If you wish to alter your background with mists, you'd rather add a layer of gesso first - it will give the cardstock a thin plastic like layer which will allow the mists to slide up on it, and will allow you to work with colors longer.
3. We all have our up/down moments, and we most certainly scrapbook more about the happy moments, which is quite normal, we want to remember the beautiful. But IT IS OK TO BE SAD sometimes and IT IS OK to talk about it. We're all humans and we just want to stay true to ourselves. I happen to be sad every now and then, with no particular reason. Just sad. Well, these are my melancholic moments and it's part of me. I wanted to scrapbook about it.
4. Grab a Jenni Bowlin stencil or handdraw your own feathers and start doodling! Whether you use a stencil or not, try to add fun drawings inside each feather! And play with some gold Mr Huey to create a gorgeous gold feather - it will remind the gold you used on your background.
5. As you already have a busy background, keep in mind that you don't want to feel overwhelmed when looking at your layout. So use less embellishments here.
Let's check the video now!
I'm challenging you to choose at least 1 of these prompts in your layout submission..2 or 3 is even better! At the end of the month we'll draw a winner from all challenge participants for the month and reward them with a $10 2Peas Gift Certificate! Look for the winner on the Two Peas blog.