Question about an old tool

Two Peas is Closing
Click here to visit our final product sale. Click here to visit our FAQ page regarding the closing of Two Peas.

Posted 9/25/2012 by scrapgal123 in General Scrappin'


PeaNut 411,006
February 2009
Posts: 117
Layouts: 0
Loc: South Florida

Posted: 9/25/2012 7:47:32 PM
Does anyone remember a tool that you would feed a piece of paper through and it would make it wavy? A friend of mine is trying to find one to buy but I can't think of the name.

Ancient Ancestor of Pea

PeaNut 9,019
January 2001
Posts: 5,673
Layouts: 22
Loc: michigan

Posted: 9/25/2012 7:48:03 PM
paper crimper



PeaNut 516,395
August 2011
Posts: 176
Layouts: 0

Posted: 9/25/2012 8:17:05 PM
Yeah...its a paper crimper. My Michaels still carries the one made by Fiskars. But, I'm sure there are other brands out there.


PeaNut 44,209
August 2002
Posts: 519
Layouts: 0
Loc: Georgia & UAE

Posted: 9/26/2012 12:58:01 AM
Marvy made one called Corru-gator, I still have it. Love doing the baby blanket technique. I believe Michaels carries the paper crimpers.

You Wanna Peas of Me?

PeaNut 413,587
February 2009
Posts: 5,966
Layouts: 51
Loc: Western NY

Posted: 9/26/2012 4:40:39 AM
It's a crimper. I think I have seen them at Michaels....Fiskars. I still have mine from when I first started scrapping. I really should get it out and use it again.

Chocolate......who needs a reason?!

50 page freeze challenge:
Started Jan. 3, 2014
15 12 x 12 pages completed.


PeaNut 120,429
December 2003
Posts: 1,089
Layouts: 3

Posted: 9/26/2012 5:08:44 AM
I bought one last year at ACMoore. It's easier than scoring to make a fine accordion pleat for a wreath or flower.


PeaNut 165,013
August 2004
Posts: 2,680
Layouts: 63
Loc: Central Illinois

Posted: 9/26/2012 6:50:48 AM
OK, Cherrypicker. You now may be responsible for me purchasing one of the only tools that I've avoided all these years. I wasn't so interested in crimping, but now that baby blanket weave sounds intriguing...

Yes, that would be a paper crimper and I still have mine. Fiskars is a good one to look into. Mine is over 10 years old and still works perfectly.

Here is a neat tip: Run it thru the crimper once and get the normal 'crimp', then take that same crimped piece and give a 1/4 turn. Run thru crimper again- you will get a 'weave' effect.

We call it the 'baby-blanket weave'....

...well, when I taught classes, that is what we called it...



PeaNut 565,904
September 2012
Posts: 354
Layouts: 16

Posted: 9/26/2012 8:12:42 AM
HL carries them too. I my paper crimper.

Wise~old Pea

PeaNut 17,460
June 2001
Posts: 23,096
Layouts: 94
Loc: Central NJ

Posted: 9/26/2012 8:35:27 AM
There was a thread a week or so ago about using a crimper.. Crimp dies cuts, letters, all kinds of things.


PeaNut 411,006
February 2009
Posts: 117
Layouts: 0
Loc: South Florida

Posted: 9/26/2012 11:58:37 AM
Thanks everyone!!!


PeaNut 181,125
December 2004
Posts: 3,940
Layouts: 33
Loc: Chicago, IL

Posted: 9/27/2012 9:17:59 AM
Thanks for the weave tip Janet. I've hardly used my crimper in the 10 years I've owned it, and it would be nice to try something new with it instead of letting it collect more dust.


Show/Hide Icons . Show/Hide Signatures
{{ title }}
{{ icon }}
{{ body }}
{{ footer }}