1. What do you find to be the most challenge to do this kind of SB?
2. Is it every day, weekly just events?
3. What tips can you give to someone who is just starting out?
4. What is the one thing you don't like about it?
The hardest part for me when I sb is the layout. Sometimes it takes me days. I incorporate several photos and always feel like my pages kind of look a like. This seems like it might be easier.
PeaNut 257,022 April 2006 Posts: 8,075 Layouts: 5 Loc: Metro Atlanta
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:20:10 AM
You might want to start by watching these videos on Two Peas. They offer a lot of information to help get you going. Project Life Videos
1. What do you find to be the most challenge to do this kind of SB? Trying to remember to take pictures of everything that I might want included. Sometimes a moment passes and I then wish that I had taken a quick photo.
2. Is it every day, weekly just events? Different people do it different ways. I am doing mine by months and putting everything for the month as it occurred, not necessarily weekly.
3. What tips can you give to someone who is just starting out? Watch the videos linked above, go to the gallery and view PL pages on there. Bookmark your favorites and then review them to see what made them stand out to you. Incorporate those ideas in your pages. After you choose your kit, go through your stash and see what you might have that can be used along with the kit. Get a Canon Selphy Printer. You will fall in love with that thing. I will sometimes search for pictures on the Internet to supplement my own photos. For instance, I found a photo of fireworks that I printed off the web to go on my New Years Eve page. The Selphy Printer prints beautifully. You can print off all your photos for one page as you go along.
4. What is the one thing you don't like about it? I bought a Simple Stories kit awhile back to use for my book and since then Simple Stories and other companies have come out with kits that I really love. I will have to wait until next year to get one of those. There is a lot of printables that you can find for free, for instance, journaling cards, that match a lot of the latest kits. I haven't found any that match the kit that I have. It is nice to also have the printables or digital form of journal cards so that you can journal on them on your computer and print them out.
Sony 18-70mm F3.5/5.6, Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6,
Sony 50mm 1.8, Sony DT 35mm f/1.8 SAM
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 AF Macro AF
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 AF Zoom with Macro
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2012)
Photoshop CS6 & PSE 11