|Posted: 5/4/2013 12:10:19 PM|
I saw a cute layout that used a circular snowflake in place of the letter "O" on a layout title. I have been looking around my supplies now to find some fun substitutes to change up the lettering. Any peas do this and what do you all use?
Ancient Ancestor of Pea
|Posted: 5/4/2013 12:13:33 PM|
Sometimes - you can use hearts, asterisks, the @ sign - lots of fun thing depending on the theme!
|Child of God, follower of Jesus, and so thankful for His presence in my life <><|
PEAS Porridge Hot
Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
|Posted: 5/4/2013 12:15:07 PM|An "O" is a good letter to substitute since it is such a nice circle shape.
I once substituted a flower for the "O" in the word "Mom" on a Mother's Day card.
I also substituted an ornament charm in the word "Joy" on THIS CHRISTMAS CARD
|Posted: 5/4/2013 12:18:04 PM|
Buttons are fun for subbing in for "O"s!
I also sometimes use the number 3 in place of "E"s when I run out of those. And depending on the font an upside down "V" can sometimes take the place of an "A".
I also like to stick enamel dots in the center of things with a whole in the middle like "O"s, "P"s, etc...
|Posted: 5/4/2013 1:00:28 PM|
I just used toothpicks to make a "W" on a card.
Thanks for the ideas. I have loads of those punctuation marks to use up!
Loc: River Ridge, Louisiana
|Posted: 5/4/2013 1:06:13 PM|On a Disney page, a Mickey head is a good substitute for an "O"!
|Posted: 5/4/2013 1:10:15 PM|
The possibilities are endless! Some sports examples:
- A soccer ball instead of the letter o in the words soccer or goal
- Small baseballs to form two capital Bs in the word baseball
- Any ball - soccer, baseball, basketball, golf ball, generic playground ball, hockey puck, etc. - as a substitute for the letter o in the words score or sports
- Any small ball to form the letter p in the word play
- Two basketballs as substitutes for the two Os in the words shoot or hoops
- A basketball instead of the letter o in the word goal
- A golf ball instead of the letter o in the word golf
- Golf tees as a substitute for the Ts in the title Tee Time with the i in Time dotted with a small golf ball
Loc: Central NJ
|Posted: 5/4/2013 2:00:22 PM|
An apple for a...... I have all sizes I can use.
|Posted: 5/4/2013 2:08:56 PM|
I like to use stars for the letter "A", especially on boy layouts!