BETTY SWAP 11 ~ BETTY CLAUS COOKIE EXCHANGE!!
If you are not current on ALL your swaps or you have FLAKED... DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SWAP!!!!
This is a HUGE swap and not the so please read all the REQUIREMENTS before you sign up.
THEME: BETTY CLAUS COOKIE EXCHANGE - Recipe: Pick your favorite Christmas cookie recipe you would like to share with us. I will be doing Caramel Drizzle Pecan Cookies. Now I know some of us make the same cookies so it will be first come first serve as to who gets to do the recipe. PACKAGE: Your mission is to spoil the Christmas lights out of your Betty. Who needs Santa Clause when you have a Betty Claus?
*All Bettys are REQUIRED
to keep in contact with me and your Betty at least TWICE A WEEK
. That means I need to see a post, email or pmail TWICE A WEEK!
It only takes a minute to check in with me and your Betty. Each week will run from Monday to Monday.*
**EVERYTHING MUST BE NEW AND EVERYTHING MUST SHIP ON TIME!!
So check your paydays and plan it out before you sign up. This swap will cost you around $50 if not more to do. But if you plan your weeks out this swap will only cost you a few dollars each week to do. PLANNING IS THE KEY TO THIS SWAP!!!
***If you decide to drop, do so before partners go out. Once partners go out and you drop you are a FLAKER in my book and I will put that beside your name. If you FLAKE
on me I WILL POST YOUR NAME AND PEA NAME for all to see!!
6X6 RECIPE CARD:
Everyone will make ~26~ 6x6 recipe cards - number made will depend on how many Bettys sign up. The recipe cards will be CHRISTMAS THEMED
and will be made with quality card stock and at least one Christmas pattern paper plus at least 2 embellishments. Please put your name, pea name and Betty Swap 11 on the back on your recipe cards. No handwriting or neon colors! Please make sure your cards are COMPLETE
and you have followed the requirements before you send them to me.
Your recipe cards need to be sealed in a plastic baggie with your name, pea name and address on the bag and on a piece of paper inside the bag. All recipe cards must be POST MARKED by NOVEMBER 1st WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.
When you send me the recipe cards you will include $6.00 CASH (no checks or pay pal) for them to be returned to you. Do not send pre-paid postage or return envelopes.
**EVERYONE has more than enough time to get these done BEFORE the POST MARK date! I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY EXCUSES OF WHY THEY ARE LATE. AND WILL SEND THEM BACK TO YOU IF THEY ARE NOT POST MARKED ON TIME. I CAN NOT STAND TO BE LATE BECAUSE OF OTHERS. AND AS A HOSTESS I WILL NOT MAKE THOSE THAT FOLLOWED THE RULES WAIT ON THOSE THAT CAN NOT. IF YOUR CARDS ARE LATE AND SENT BACK YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SWAP AND YOUR PARTNER WILL BE GIVEN A NEW BETTY IN YOUR PLACE!
Your package must include the following items. If your package is missing any of the required items you will not be allowed to join any future Betty Swaps. I will be sending out a check list that you can use to check you package before you ship.
1. COOKIE EXCHANGE
- Yes, we will be exchanging our cookies! You will make at least 1 dozen your cookies for your Betty and then carefully package them. There are lots of tin containers out there to pick from just make sure it will keep your cookies safe and crumble free. NO PAPER CONTAINERS!
2. WINTER COMFORT:
You will need to find your Betty a nice scarf and hat set to keep her warm when she is out in the cold weather. This needs to be a nice set. I don't want to see any $1-$5 thin wannabe scarf and hat specials being sent to your Betty. There are a lot of stores that put very nice ones on sale like Old Navy & Aeropostal that would be perfect. I will post pictures of what I am talking about on the Betty FB page. You could also add mittens and or socks if you want, but it is not required.
3. SCENTS & SOUNDS OF CHRISTMAS
Your favorite Winter/Christmas CD New not used or burned. CANDLE:
Winter/Christmas scent. Like Bath & Body, Gold Canyon, Circle E, Yankee Candles the nice ones that last and can fill the whole house with a warm welcoming scent. BOOK/NOVEL:
New not used, Send your Betty a book that she can curl up on the sofa and get lost in. You can also add a bookmark or book light if you want but it is not required.
4. HOT CHOCOLATE & MUG:
Nothing warms your hands and soul like a rich creamy mug of Hot Cocoa. Send your Betty either your favorite store bought or homemade cocoa mix and a mug they can enjoy it from. You can also add a mug mat or mug warmer if you would like.
5. STOCKING -
A cute Stocking filled with at least FIVE
Winter goodies for your Betty. Nothing is better than a few sweets & goodies to give your Betty that extra burst of energy to bake her treats and get in the Winter/Christmas spirit. Be creative and send things you would want in your stocking.
Items can be...
2. Christmas Magazine
3. Winter/Christmas scrapbook items
4. Mini Christmas/Winter cookbook
5. Cute piece of jewelry made or store bought
6. Warm PJs
7. Christmas Ornament
8. Gift card to Starbucks
9. etc, etc, etc...
6. CHRISTMAS BANNER -
You will make your Betty a very nice, sturdy and strong Christmas banner that will last for years to come. It needs to be at least 3 feet long side to side pennant style with ribbon that is at least 1 inch thick. Don't forget to embellish, embellish, embellish I want this to look like it is worth $100!! And no tiny banners people should be able to read them from the other side of the room. On the questionnaire your Betty will also let you know how they decorate during Christmas so you can make them a banner that will go with their style/decorations.
Length: 3 ft. or longer
Material: Cardstock, canvas, burlap, fabric.
7. MISTLETOE KISSES:
Everyone needs kissable soft lips for all those kisses under the mistletoe. Speaking of mistleTOE
lets make sure those piggy's are cute and adorable. She will need some lip balm or lip stick for her lips and polish for her toes. You can also add some warm socks, foot soak or anything you love to pamper your toes with.
8. GIFT WRAPPED:
All items must be gift wrapped and have a tag with its corresponding number.
SHIPPING: EVERYONE WILL SHIP AT THE SAME TIME, NO EARLY SENDING... UNLESS YOU WILL BE ON VACTION THEN I WILL WORK WITH YOU ON AN EARLIER SHIPPING DATE!!! POST MARK by DECEMBER 2ND with a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
In the past I have made sure everything fit into a large flat rate box. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FILL AT LEAST A 12x12x5 1/2 BOX.
Which is the same size as the Post Office Large Flat Rate Box. Now those that want to send more CAN USE A LARGER BOX, but keep in mind it will cost you more to ship! You may also use other companies for your shipping. I WILL STILL NEED AND REQUIRE A SHIPPING TRACKING NUMUBER OR DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER. AND DO NOT PRINT OUT YOUR SHIPPING LABEL THEN WAIT A DAY OR TWO TO SHIP. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE AT THE POST OFFICE BY DECEMBER 2ND!! AND YES I CAN TELL IF YOU PRINT THE LABEL AND DONT SHIP UNTIL LATER.
*For those who will be sending more keep in mind that your Betty MAY OR MAY NOT
send the same amount of extra items or spend the same amount money you did. Now for the most part the Bettys do go above and beyond because there is so much time to do so in this swap. But I do not want to receive emails about how you did this and your Betty didn't. It's all a gamble when we swap. Please be grateful for what you do receive. If your Betty sent you the required amount I will not say anything to them.*
**Once again I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY EXCUSE OF WHY YOU COULD NOT SHIP ON TIME OR WHY YOU COULD NOT SEND THE REQUIRED ITEMS.
There is more than enough time to get all your items and then some to make this THE BEST BETTY SWAP OF ALL TIME!!
***If you want to send your Betty scrapbook items DO NOT SEND
her stuff from YOUR STASH OR OUTDATED ITEMS
you no longer want or items from the $1 - $3 bins. I have had more complaints than I care to think about on this one.***
If you have any more questions please contact me here on the thread, pea mail or by my email bettyswaps(at)gmail(dot)com. Newbies are welcomed to join but if you signed up on 2peas this week you will need to wait for Betty 12. Now if you have someone to validate you or a swapping history I can look at then I will consider allowing you to join.
ONCE YOU SIGN UP I WILL NEED YOUR REAL NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS SENT TO ME VIA PEA MAIL SO I CAN SEND OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRES.
I also have a Betty Swap Facebook account that you can join. I have been known to give out additional information and special treats during the Betty Swaps. Marla Betty-Swaps FB Page
BETTY CLAUS AND RECIPES: = QUESTIONNAIRES RECEIVED 20/25
1. Marla (Queen Betty) - Caramel Drizzle Pecan Cookies
2. Lisa (JoyNewYork) - Chocolate Espresso Snowcaps
3. Jeanne (Jeannebeanny) - Peppermint Kiss Cookies
4. Stephanie (scrappinscout) - Red Velvet Cake Cookies
5. Jeannie (scrapprincess2002) - pecan sandie
6. Jeanette - (jenettycakes76) - Chocolate Truffles
7. Audrey (txpackrat) - Loaded Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
8. Becky (BeckyRN97) - Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
9. Lissa (mykidsmomma) - Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
10. Tessa (therron) - Buckeyes
11. Rhonda (rhondamo) - Old Fashion Tea Cake Cookies
12. Roxie (morgainegeiser) - Holly Christmas Cookies
13. Heather (happy_clicks) - Fluffernutter Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Buttercream
14. Terri (mrshoagie) - Ginger Crinkle Cookies
15. Tracy (baker girl) - Peppermint Chip Cookies
16. Sara (Tinkles) - Haystacks
17. Mary (Chippieinthehouse) - Mocha Truffle
18. Christina (mamaofdudes) - chocolate sugar cookies
19. Missy (stansgal) - Chunky Monkey Cookies
20. Bonnie (adriansmom) - Christmas Sand Cookies
21. Maggie (Maggiescutties) - Christmas Bark
22. Jodi (girtygizmo) - brown butter snickerdoodles
23. Shilo (shiloj) - Sugar Cookie Bars
24. April (CaribbeanGirl) - Cinnamon-Nut Palmiers
25. Rachel (FB Betty) - Double Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
26, Pam (scrappammie) - Peanut Butter Crunch Pretzel Bites
BETTY PRIZE WINNERS:
1. Lisa (JoyNewYork)
2. Jeanne (Jeannebeanny)
3. Rhonda (Rhondamo)
4. Shilo (Shiloj)
1. Jodi (girtygizmo) & Mary (chippieinthehouse)
2. Bonnie (adriansmom) & Lissa (mykidsmomma)
3. Audrey (txpackrat) & Lisa (JoyNewYork)
4. Rhonda (Rhondamo) & Sara (Tinkles)
5. Jeanne (jeanneybeanny) & April (caribbeangirl)
6. Christina (mamaofdudes) & Pam (scrappammie)
7. Jeannie (scrapprincess2002) & Roxie (morgainegeiser)
8. Heather (happy_clicks) & Terri (mrshoagie)
9. Stephanie (scrappinscout) & Missy (stansgal)
10. Rachel & Becky (BeckyRN97)
11. Jeanette (jenettycakes76) & Shilo (shiloj)
12. Tessa (therron) & Tracy (baker girl)
13. Maggie (Maggiescuties) & Marla (Queen Betty)
BETTY RECIPE CARDS: SENT & = RECEIVED 100%
1. Becky (BeckyRN97) - DC#9405503699300065100690 /
2. Rachel (FB Betty) - DC# /
3. Missy (stansgal) - DC#9114901075742423275045 /
4. Maggie (maggiescuties) - DC#9505521354713281000232 /
5. Jeanne (jeanneybeanney)- DC#9114901123086392639221 /
6. April (CaribbeanGirl) - DC#9114901159815357658497 /
7. Pam (scrappammie) - DC#9405511899560554854692 /
8. Bonnie (adriansmom) - DC#9405510200881933978583 /
9. Jeanette (jenettycakes76) - DC#9405503699300100100883 /
10. Shilo (shiloj) - DC#9405503699300104679439 /
11. Rhonda (rhondamo) - DC#9505500015383299000181 /
12. Jeannie (scrapprincess2002) - DC#9114901159815861944727 /
13. Tracy (baker girl) - DC#9114901159818332263709 /
14. Roxie (morgainegeiser)- DC#9505500003863301000484 /
15. Lissa (mykidsmomma) - DC# /
16. Audrey (txpackrat) - DC#9114901123086257826773 /
17. Tessa (therron) - DC#91149011230866359292568 /
18. Mary (chippieinthehouse) - DC#9114901123086132182482 /
19. Lisa (JoyNewYork) - DC#9405503699300111072124 /
20. Stephanie (scrappinscout) - DC#9505500018313305000246 /
21. Heather (happy_clicks) - DC#9114901159815426523602 /
22. Terri (mrshoagie) - DC#9114901123086504623902 /
23. Jodi (girtygizmo) - DC#9114901123086759661544 /
24. Sara (Tinkles) - DC#9114901075742931406795 /
25. Christina (mamaofdudes) - DC#9114901159818017044357 /
BETTY BOXES: SENT / RECEIVED
1. Jodi (girtygizmo)
1. Mary (chippieinthehouse)
2. Bonnie (adriansmom)
2. Lissa (mykidsmomma)
3. Audrey (txpackrat)
3. Lisa (JoyNewYork)
4. Rhonda (Rhondamo)
4. Sara (Tinkles)
5. Jeanne (jeanneybeanny)
5. April (caribbeangirl)
6. Christina (mamaofdudes)
6. Pam (scrappammie)
7. Jeannie (scrapprincess2002)
7. Roxie (morgainegeiser)
8. Heather (happy_clicks)
8. Terri (mrshoagie)
9. Stephanie (scrappinscout)
9. Missy (stansgal)
10. Rachel (FB Betty)
10. Becky (BeckyRN97)
11. Jeanette (jenettycakes76)
11. Shilo (shiloj)
12. Tessa (therron)
12. Tracy (baker girl)
13. Maggie (Maggiescuties)
13. Marla (Queen Betty)