PeaNut 69,453 February 2003 Posts: 5,385 Layouts: 4 Loc: Wherever my mind wanders
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:45:18 PM
I agree about the bleach down the drain.
To get rid of the existing ones, there are several methods to try. A couple that have worked for me:
Set out a small dish of apple cider vinegar with a couple drops of dishwashing detergent in it. They are attracted to the vinegar but the detergent poisons them. You will find them floating. Toss it out when you have too many to look at, LOL.
Put either vinegar or wine or a piece of ripe fruit in a dish and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Poke a few tiny holes in the wrap with a fork. They will get in but can't figure out how to get out (this only traps them, not kills them).
Put either vinegar or wine or a piece of ripe fruit in a cup/jar and then insert a paper cone with the pointy end down into the jar. They will get in but can't figure out how to get out (this only traps them, not kills them).