PeaNut 39,213 May 2002 Posts: 4,641 Layouts: 1 Loc: IOWA
Posted: 11/15/2012 10:08:37 PM
I thought we'd be done with this stupid poison ivy thing by now. We had such a good year with only a few small outbreaks. But sure enough he goes on a boy scout campout this weekend and plays in the woods and Monday afternoon he's broken out in a poison ivy rash! Started on his face/cheeks and has now shown up on his arms and legs. Not enough to warrant a call to the doctor to get steroids but it's close due to the amount of body coverage. He doesn't get the huge nasty blisters, just a lot and a lot of little ones. He has been very good about putting on itch cream, so we're sticking with that for now.
Ironic thing is we were at a craft show 2 weekends ago and my soap lady was there selling her poison ivy soap and we specifically mentioned how we didn't need to buy any since it was November. Ha, stupid us!
PeaNut 475,028 July 2010 Posts: 5,673 Layouts: 0 Loc: Northern VA
Posted: 11/16/2012 9:11:46 AM
Actually in some ways it's easier to get it in the colder months. Which we learned the hard way. The reason is that it loses its distinctive "leaves of three" and often looks like an ordinary vine. The first year that we'd lived in this house I went out one day in late fall to pull ivy off the fence. Yep. Some of my "ivy" wasn't ivy. oy...
Hopefully your ds won't have it too severely and it will clear up quickly!