Costco question...

Two Peas is Closing
Click here to visit our final product sale. Click here to visit our FAQ page regarding the closing of Two Peas.

Posted 11/18/2012 by Sparehead3 in NSBR Board


PeaNut 446,722
November 2009
Posts: 2,649
Layouts: 5

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:36:04 PM
if you bought something (from the electronics department) and the next day it was $40 less can you take in your receipt and get the difference back or do you have to return the item and buy it over again?

Pretty In PeaNK

PeaNut 417,489
March 2009
Posts: 5,222
Layouts: 2
Loc: Travelin'

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:42:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they have to "return" it and have you "re-buy" it, but they can do it quickly (I think you don't even need the item, just the receipt) and you'll end up with the cash just as quickly as if they had just given you a credit.

Feeling Spaztastic!

PeaNut 69,237
February 2003
Posts: 7,832
Layouts: 73
Loc: Northern Florida

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:44:51 PM
I think it depends on the store.

Uploaded with iPhone client

scrappin mama
Will I ever get to Buckethead?!

PeaNut 105,398
September 2003
Posts: 405
Layouts: 3
Loc: Kansas City suburb

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:45:08 PM
Costco has excellent customer service. Bring in the item and receipt and they will adjust the price. They may have to re-do the purchase, but it will end in giving you the cash back.


PeaNut 203,642
May 2005
Posts: 4,186
Layouts: 0

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:49:02 PM
There have been several occassions where I purchased an item, and then a few weeks later there is a coupon or an instant rebate.

In each case, I simply returned with my receipt and membership card and received a refund of the difference, kinda like Target does. It may depend on your store, but mine always made it right without any hassle.


PeaNut 446,722
November 2009
Posts: 2,649
Layouts: 5

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:50:35 PM
I was hoping not to take the item with me because I was going to go tomorrow after I go to the dentist (same side of town) and don't want to leave it in the car... but DH called (from Costco, it's his Christmas present he's been calling me with hints...) and of course it's now less than I paid yesterday.

I might take it back anyway since I was debating between 2 versions and the bigger one is now not that much more than what I paid for the smaller one...


PeaNut 262,698
May 2006
Posts: 1,969
Layouts: 1
Loc: California

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:53:47 PM
I've always been able to just take the receipt in and get the difference returned to me.


Sleeping with a Serial Killer

PeaNut 262,757
May 2006
Posts: 5,642
Layouts: 7
Loc: Big Bottom Valley

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:27:32 PM
I would call the Costco that you are going to and ask them. I used to be able to just get a price adjustment with the receipt only, but recently I was told I would have to return the item, so I would check first.

*********Sue Who? *******

Reality is made up of words.-Ferdinando Buscema

Words are hard.-Hannah Kelly

NSBR: "We're like a big damn disfunctional family. We'll beat the crap out of each other, and it's ok, but dammit, if an outsider turns on one of ours, we circle the wagons." -Free~Bird
Used with permission & with 9% royality fee paid annually. Starting next year. Honest.


PeaNut 65,877
January 2003
Posts: 13,181
Layouts: 30
Loc: So CA

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:53:20 PM
When this happened to me I had to go and buy it with the coupon/sale price and then just returned it with the older receipt. I wish they could have just done an adjustment because then someone wouldn't have had to put the item away again. It didn't take long but I would do it as soon as possible as they are getting crowded for the holidays.


Ancient Ancestor of Pea

PeaNut 211,290
June 2005
Posts: 7,137
Layouts: 0
Loc: somewhere dreaming

Posted: 11/18/2012 2:24:12 PM


PeaNut 231,422
November 2005
Posts: 836
Layouts: 0
Loc: USA

Posted: 11/18/2012 2:47:41 PM
I think they have a 30 day price guarantee.
Show/Hide Icons . Show/Hide Signatures
{{ title }}
{{ icon }}
{{ body }}
{{ footer }}