ISO: 3D stuff from paper scrapbooking

Two Peas is Closing
Click here to visit our final product sale. Click here to visit our FAQ page regarding the closing of Two Peas.

Posted 11/16/2012 by janygb143 in Digital Scrapbooking


PeaNut 256,548
April 2006
Posts: 85
Layouts: 0

Posted: 11/16/2012 12:20:44 AM
Anyone have a resource for cute, good-quality digital supplies that look like brand-name 3D traditional paper supplies? I'm not even really sure what to google in different shops to find digital versions of these items. There are so many fun supplies that I see in magazines and want to use, but since I'm 95% digital, I'd rather not invest in the paper goods!!

Some of the things that come to mind are:
American Crafts Thickers
Wood veneer pieces (American Crafts, Studio Calico, etc)
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Puffies/Felties (felt shapes)
Bazzill swiss-dot cardstock
Crepe paper ruffles
Dear Lizzy/Amy Tangerine stuff

The Thickers seem like they'd be easy to recreate with drop shadows/layer styles in Photoshop, but I've tried many different combinations and can't get the proper "look". Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!

Laura ODonnell
2Ps Digital Creative Team

PeaNut 90,692
June 2003
Posts: 6,982
Layouts: 1,068
Loc: West Chester PA

Posted: 11/16/2012 12:03:31 PM
you're right, the stuff is out there but its not labeled as being like paper supplies you really have to poke around for it

Adrienne Looman has some pretty gems, cabochons, and flowers

I don't know that I've seen the veneers or enamel dots in digital yet.

The thickers would love to see more digital alphas like these


my blog

2Ps Digital Creative Team

PeaNut 151,913
June 2004
Posts: 8,010
Layouts: 1,060
Loc: Derbyshire, England

Posted: 11/17/2012 8:48:41 AM

This is one of Adrienne's crystal centres packs

I did a search on felt and it bought up quite a few kits that include felt items within their embellishments, eg

These following two packs are overlays so you apply them over a paper/coloured layer and apply a blending mode of your choice:

I've found a styles pack that you install and then apply from the layers effect palette to create that look to whatever shape you attach it to, this is a similar effect to the enamel dots maybe? (which I haven't seen IRL I have to say).

Ref the Amy Tangerine/Dear Lizzy stuff, I'd suggest you go to the digi store here and have a look through the different designer stores to find the ones that most closely match what you are looking for. There is such a wonderfully eclectic range. Ya Yeah, Michelle Underwood, Jen Martakis, there are also older products in store from the likes of Lauren Reid and Rhonna Farrer. Also use the search options, I tried watercolour, also paint, which bought up those hand crafted style product you may be referring to.


PeaNut 256,548
April 2006
Posts: 85
Layouts: 0

Posted: 11/19/2012 12:11:16 AM
Wow! Thank you so much!! I'll check all those links out.
Show/Hide Icons . Show/Hide Signatures
{{ title }}
{{ icon }}
{{ body }}
{{ footer }}