Ancient Ancestor of Pea
|Posted: 6/18/2009 5:46:46 PM|
Jomomma you have peamail!
|Posted: 6/19/2009 1:42:50 PM|
Dancingfish....(that's such a cute name),
Yep...I have been thinking about that and I think that way I will definitely get a feel for how big a desk I want and where I want it to go and all that good stuff.
Loc: Ontario, Canada
|Posted: 6/21/2009 8:22:48 PM|OK - I'm in! Your blog is awesome - thanks so much for taking the time to put this all together This organizationally challenged scrapper appreciates it
What works for me:
- Pictures are well organized. I did LOM this year and am LOVING the results. Not it's not perfect, but well on it's way.
- Paper is pretty well organized. CH's mainly used. All are labelled with a Brother label maker. Sorted by manufacturer for the "biggies", Basic Grey, Scenic Route etc. The rest sorted by theme - colours, boy theme, wedding etc.
- Embossing, glitter, alcohol inks are stored in their own bins. I'm thinking the secret is as long as I don't overrun my original storage spot, I'm OK
- My scraps are stored pretty well and I actually use them I have 2 of the Sterlite 3 drawer sets. I use 5 for cardstock by colour and 1 for patterend paper. I have one small basket to use in between sortings so that's a mish mash of everything. I keep my SU paper separate and a separate basket of mish mash. Scraps for SU are stored with the full sheets.
What isn't working:
- Going between my MM carousel and my AMM tote for all my most used things. (I use the tote for crops, but like the carousel better).
- Embelishments are terrible - I still haven't found one that works. I have some sorted in colours, some sorted in types, and some by theme. It takes way too long to find what I want so I end up not using any of them.
- I really hate my desk It's a kid desk with a hutch. The hutch is a clutter collector and there's barely enough room on the surface to do a 12x12 ...
- My kits are all over the place. I never seem to know what I have...
- My stamps are in too many places, sorted too many different ways.
- I can't get at everything. I have a Sauder shelving unit and an IKEA unfinished shelf (can't think of the name) facing each other with a small rolling cart in between. It makes a U shape. The floor is COVERED with everything from paper to recent purchases. So frustrating to get to anything.
I'll work on getting some pictures posted this week.
|Posted: 6/21/2009 8:36:27 PM|
Welcome Kris, glad you decided to join us.
Look forward to your pictures.
Loc: Ontario, Canada
|Posted: 11/9/2009 9:53:18 PM|I am starting this now. Better late than never.
I am going to start at day one and work my way to the challenge up to date.
Things that work:
-MM tool caddy holds most needed tools close to me
-Large working table
-Cricut and Carts are together
-Adhesive are all in one place
-Scraps organized by colour
-Office chair ..I can roll around
-Cabinets-the doors close
Things that don't work
-cardstock stored on top of each other
-Others scrap here so I have their sCrap as well
-Inks are in a bag. I want easier access.
These are a few of my problems
org. challenge from Jan
|Posted: 12/23/2009 9:18:54 PM|
Btt for Jo (and anyone else curios about the WookieMouse challenge)
|Posted: 12/23/2009 11:55:21 PM|thanks much Bree!