Loc: Somewhere Only I know
|Posted: 11/1/2009 1:34:35 AM|
I'm #62...Last but not least....
1 . What is your first name? Lorinda
2. Do you have children? If so please list names if you choose and ages
No Children yetâ€¦.however, we are in the process of starting the fostering to adopt program. We do have two doggies that are close to being our children
3. Are there any major events that have happened in your life that have made you who you are? Yesâ€¦finding my birthmom
4. Do you scrapbook? Yep, when I have the chance and LOVE it
5. Do you have any other hobbies? Love to do crafts and cardmaking, travel with hubby
6. What are some other areas of interest, be particular:
7. What is your favorite color and color combination? Browns, greens, reds, oranges
8. Are you religious? Yes, in that I do believe but I refuse to go to church
9. Do you mind having an overseas penpal, due to postage? No
10. Do you collect anything? Scrapbooking supplies, candles, anything from Bath and Body works, cute ribbon for scrapbooking and cards, Snowmen
11. What do you do for a living? Reading coach
12. Do you like to read? If so name three of your favorite authors? LOVE to readâ€¦.will have to get back to you on authors
13. Favorite food/candy/snack: dove and lindt chocolate, seafood (except for a couple of things)Mexican and Italian food, popcorn.. think Iâ€™m hungry how!
14. Favorite drink: Love coffeeâ€¦.Starbucks! and Ice Teaâ€¦.
15. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, Cats, dust, acidic foods, stupid people
16. What do you NOT like? Hmmm, the list could be longâ€¦.calamari, cottage cheese, blue cheese, sausage, other peopleâ€™s cooking? He he he
17. Name at least three things you are interested in: scrapbooking, traveling, crafts, cooking, shopping
18. Anything else you would like your partner to know about you? I love to shop and hang out with family and friends. Iâ€™m a very easy going person!
19. Dreams or wishes. To have a family and get to stay home with my kiddos
20. Would you like a pal from a certain region? Heck, Iâ€™m not pickyâ€¦just as long as they donâ€™t like down the street from me
21. Age, and would you like a partner in a certain age range? 41â€¦.30â€™s thru 40â€™s possibly early 50â€™s as wellâ€¦.
22. Birthday- Month and Day March 8
23.Pet Peeves: dishonesty, negativity, always having to be right, spelling or grammar errors ( I know, picky!)
24.Does offensive lanuage bother you? I can tolerate a word here and there except for the f bombâ€¦
25.Any topics off limits to you? Politics, religionâ€¦I donâ€™t debateâ€¦
26. Are you a more liberal or conservative thinker and would you prefer a like minded partner or does it matter: Middle of the roadâ€¦depends on the subjectâ€¦I donâ€™t really like to discuss political stuff
27. Pet peeves: Again?
28.Anything that you wouldn't look for in a penpal? Someone who is negative
29.Anything that you would look for in a pen pal ? Someone crafty/artsy, great sense of humor, someone who loves to have fun!
30.Brief description or anything else you would like to tell your partner.
Ancient Ancestor of Pea
|Posted: 11/1/2009 12:06:05 PM|1. What is your first name? Debbie
2. Do you have children? Yes, one-Alex a boy (young man) who is 20 years old.
3. Are there any major events that happened in your life that made you who you are? Yes-I was an army brat so we moved while I was growing up every 3 years. I loved seeing new places, and to this day travel is my passion. I was born in Germany to a German mother and an American father. Spoke only German until I was 6 years old, and we moved to the USA. Also, I was married for 8 years to a man who verbally abused me the entire time (I was young and didn't understand what was going on, or I would have left much earlier) and it later turned to physical abuse. The second time he raised his fists to me was the last time. I kicked his butt out, went to therapy and became a MUCH stronger person. I moved to Annapolis, MD. (the sailing capital of the World) for a fresh start and because I adore sailing. Today I am married to a very sweet, gentle, kind and considerate man, and I love my life.
4. Do you scrapbook? I adore scrapbooking and have been doing it since I first attended a CM workshop way back in 1998. I love paper and will never switch to digital scrapbooking. That's just not my style.
5. Do you have any other hobbies? Sailing, snorkeling, skiing, reading, overseas travel, and photography.
6. What are some other areas of interest, be particular. As I mentioned, travel is my passion, especially overseas travel. I am a former professional wedding photographer (I quit to homeschool DS from 6th grade to 12th), and would love to switch to travel photography as a career. Other interests include: cats, antique dolls, organizing, movies,and music. I love music (Tori Amos, Marillion and Mozart are my favorites.)
7. What is your favorite color and color combination? Blue, just blue and more blue.
8. Are you religious? Not really. I am a Catholic, but currently do not attend mass, although I miss it. I am currently fighting crippling clinical depression (although I am slowly getting better), that makes it hard to leave the house-I don't have the phobia associated with this, it's just hard to get up the energy to do so when this disease makes me very tired. "Christian" folks who push their religion on everyone, and judge others annoy me.
9. Do you mind having an overseas penpal, due to postage? I would LOVE an overseas penpal!! Way back in 1989 I had a British penpal (we met through the Al Stewart fan club-remember "Year of the Cat"?, and wrote to each other for years. One year when I went to visit my grandmother in Germany with my Mom and one year old son, I left my son with them, flew to England and spent a week with my penpal. It was the first time we met in person and we had a blast!
10. Do you collect anything? Dolls (but I'm very particular and have only a few. My favorite is an antique doll that is over a hundred years old.), scrapbook supplies, and books.
11. What do you do for a living? I became a professional photographer when I was 25 working at a photography studio. When I had my son when I was 29 I quit work to be a full time mom, and a year later started my own wedding photography business. I did that until I started homeschooling my son, which I did for 6 years. Currently I am not working due to health reasons, but when I return to work I would LOVE to switch to travel photography. This is a very hard field to break into, but I like challenges, did my heels in and don't give up until I get what I want.
12. Do you like to read? I adore reading! Three of my favorite authors are Maeve Binchy, Anita Shreve and hmmm, can't think of any others at the moment although time travel books are a big favorite of mine.
13. Favorite food/candy/snack-German and Japanese food are my favorite.
Also seafood. My absolute favorite food is Chesapeake Bay crabs steamed in Old Bay seasoning-YUM! Candy-Gummi Bears. I have loved these since I was a child in Germany. My German grandmother used to send some to us every year for Christmas. Now although you can buy them here in the USA, they are not the same! The ones in Europe taste much better for some reason.
14. Favorite drink-coffee.
15. Are you allergic to anything? Just ragweed, trees, have general hayfever.
16. What do you NOT like? Liars, country music, uppity, egotistical people, anyone who abuses animals or children.
17. Name at least three things you are interested in-I think I already have but reading, travel and scrapbooking come to mind.
18. Anything else you would like your partner to know about you? I tend to be long winded and will probably write long letters.
19. Dreams or wishes-my dream is to sail around the world in my own sailboat, stopping to take photographs and explore along the way wherever I wish. Then, to write a book about my adventure.
20. Would you like a pen pal from a certain region? Not really.
21. Age, and would you like a partner in a certain age range? I'm 49, will hit the big 50 in April. I think I would like a partner close to my age, although as long as you don't match me with someone in their 20's with small children and nothing in common I would be fine.
22. April 30.
23. Pet peeves-rude, inconsiderate people, cell phone use while driving, smoking.
24. Does offensive language bother you? Not at all.
25. Any topics off limit to you? No.
26. Are you a more liberal or conservative thinker and would you prefer a like minded partner or does it matter? I am a liberal thinker and would like a partner who is similar.
27. Pet peeves-repeated question. See number 23.
28. Anything that you wouldn't look for in a pen pal? I would prefer NOT like to be matched with someone who is a "Christian" who tries to convert everyone they come in contact with to their religion, while at the same time condemning gay people and acting all self righteous and better than everyone else. I believe in gay marriage and the legalization of marijuana, so being matched with a person who is like minded (a bit, doesn't have to be 100 would be fantastic.
29. Anything that you would look for in a pen pal? See above.
30. Brief description or anything else you would like to tell your partner? Honestly, I think as long winded as my answers have been I can't think of anything else. Except, I am really looking forward to this!!
Debbie in MD.