PeaNut 115,200 November 2003 Posts: 775 Layouts: 26 Loc: PA
Posted: 11/27/2010 8:49:42 AM
Getting closer to the current week challenge ...
Here's a partial repost from Week 10, Round 2:
"I think I've decided to NOT make "alphas" a separate storage category in my space. There are too many different types of alphas (rub-on, sticker, metal, clear acrylic ...) that require different types/size of storage. I think I want to keep them merged into their "type" category. Rub-ons and stickers (the few that I have) hang on my Clip-It-Up in their respective section. Where as metal and acrylic alphas are stored in embellishment containers. Does that make sense to anyone?"
Round 2 organization is working well for me. Rub-ons and stickers still live on the CIU. Metal and clear alphas are in the hardware containers. CTMH clear alpha stamp sets are in the 5-drawer storage tower, but they have their own drawer (along with sentiment sets). You can see the storage tower here.
Question of the week: What's your favorite type of alphas? Clear stamps win, hands down. You never run-out of a vowel!
Checklist of things to do during week 10:
1. read the week 10 post on wookiemouse's blog - DONE
2. answer the question of the week on this thread - DONE, above
3. organize your alphas - DONE
P.S. - Do you realize we're getting to the half-way point in this challenge? How are things shaping-up for you, overall? I am determined to stay on-track, once I catch-up to everyone. Here's hoping the upcoming holiday doesn't throw a curve ball at me!
PeaNut 150,625 June 2004 Posts: 3,458 Layouts: 453 Loc: Sunshine
Posted: 1/2/2011 4:10:12 PM
I am trying really hard to organized my alphas my problem is I have no where to store them in my studio.
To date I have over 37 thickers in all colours and duplicate ones.
I have tons of the Target $ spot foam ones.
So I've decided to do a giveaway on my blog of all the new thickers, then the ones that are missing to take them to a crop and let people have them.
The only ones I'm keeping are the tiny alphas from Making Memories and Cosmo Cricket. I'm using my Cricut 90% of the time to crate my titles anyway.
Any other suggestions on storage?
But I don't think I understand your question Maggie?? Are you looking for storage ideas for keeping your thickers and alphas? Or are you looking for temporary storag ideas (until you give them away)?
If it helps, I have 4 methods to store my alphas:
1) Mainly thickers - they are in one of those "desk totes" from M's. Boring, but functional.
2) I have several sets that aren't on a sticker sheet which are in a ziploc on a jump ring. Jump ring is attached to tote above.
3) I have a basket (these should be purged as I haven't gone into this for awhile!!) where the alphas can be stored vertically. I can flip through pretty easily.
4) On m desk sits an desk organizer (for papers). Again, the alphas sit in there vertically so I can flip through. This one is all of my white, black, and brown alphas as well as the 12x12 sheets.
5) I have one of those nail organizers that I sort any letters separately.