Loc: San Jose, CA
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:16:06 PM|I just wrote a list of my top ten conditions for scrapbooking including location - my bed, snack - chocolate covered blueberries, Background sounds - real housewives of whatever, hair do, beverage and other silly conditions that make me super scrappy.
What are the conditions you prefer when you scrapbook?
Air Force Mom Of 1
Loc: East TN
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:31:44 PM|
I don't have 10 but my biggest is I want my house to be clean and the laundry done and then I'm ready to scrap!
|GRITS: Girls Raised In The South!|
Just me in MI
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:35:45 PM|Hmmm, yours sound interesting. My top 10 are:
1. solid tabletop
2. chair for bad back
3. warm socks: my feet get cold
4. music playing
5. comfy clothes; usually pj pants & tee
6. water or coffee to drink
7. no-one to bother me
8. good lighting, either natural or Ott light
9. snack: prefer Almond M & M's
10. inspiration in my photos
That was fun & really made me think. I think I will make a page for this topic. Thanks
Loc: San Jose, CA
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:36:00 PM|
I sooooooo understand that one - i think that is what I scrap in my room on the bed instead of on the floor in the family room or on the dining room table. I can forget the outside world.
Loc: San Jose, CA
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:39:37 PM|just me in MI - I think my choc cover blue berries and your almond M and M's would have a great time together. Too bad you are so far away!
|Posted: 10/2/2012 6:41:54 PM|You are TOO funny! I was gonna say, "scrap on a WHITE comforter????"
I'll give you my top 5:
5. Warm socks, no shoes.
4. Hair do. Just like yours
3. Some sappy chick flick, chick flick series marathon, or a new batch of Netflix dvds.
2. Comfy jammies or yoga pants and tshirt.
1. MUST have.... non-stop, always filled to the brim, glass of iced water. It's my thing.
|Posted: 10/2/2012 7:04:46 PM|
It is funny that we are such creatures of habit about our scrappy conditions, but I am the same way. To get my scrap groove on I need:
1. To know where my stinking glasses are...can't see a thing without them.
2. Glass of ice water.
3. Some kind of chocolate - sometimes chocolate chips, sometimes chocolate Riesens...it just needs to be chocolate.
4. A clean scrap room, I don't care about the rest of the house, but my space has to be clean.
5. Lots of inspiration around.
6. My Ipod playing.
7. Comfortable room temperature and comfy clothes.
8. My fur babies sleeping under my desk.
9. No children.
10. Some new photos, I always like to start with my favorite new pics.
black eyed pea with soul!
Loc: LI, NY
|Posted: 10/2/2012 7:05:50 PM|
Great topic! TFS!!
Old Dogs are Best!
Loc: With my dogs
|Posted: 10/2/2012 8:12:28 PM|
2.Dogs asleep or with DH somewhere NOT under foot.
3.Bright afternoon sunlight.
4.Classical Music on the radio or an old movie on TV.
5.My stack of photos
6.My crafting/scrapping tools at hand
7.Peanut M&Ms and my frou-frou coffee in a covered travel mug.
Can't think of anything else since I seldom have those 8 when I try to scrap.
Every MOM is a working mom!
"Retired" after 22 years of an Air Force Career
REMEMBER this Veterans Day
To quote Wayne Gretzky, "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
Loc: Honolulu, HI
|Posted: 10/2/2012 8:27:54 PM|
Not necessarily in this order:
1. Space with adequate lighting (definitely need more space than I have now after moving to a much smaller condo), so I also try to use the kitchen peninsula (so long as it has my Good Housekeeping seal of a cleaned/wiped off counter approval as DH and DS don't do a very thorough job after they prepare something to eat or just eating at the counter - because our place is that small and we no longer have a dining room). If DH/DS are gone, I can overtake the couch in our LR too where my son sleeps.
2. Home alone for a day would be nice (see No. 1 above).
3. Photos to work with.
4. Stash of supplies - since moving I do not have the luxury of M's or J's in Hawaii and cannot just hop in my car (for which we only have one vehicle now) and go shop. And if DH/DS are out of the house, one of them most likely will have the car.
5. Computer and internet connection for inspiration, journaling and surfing.
6. Some snacks, even if it just old fashioned popcorn made on the stove (or Stir Crazy - no microwave stuff), peanut M&M's would be good, maybe a Smirnoff or some hard apple cider later in the day and of course water, always parked away from my work space. And for dinner I would enjoy an entire box of Pork Fried Rice all to myself.
7. I can definitely scrap in silence (although it is never that quiet where we now live), or having some mindless TV show on in the background.
8. Comfy clothes.
9. Clean work space after I create each project or layout so I can start over fresh.
Loc: San Jose, CA
|Posted: 10/2/2012 8:31:50 PM|BuckeyeSandy picked a great one! TIME. uninterrupted time (not even for potty breaks )
|Posted: 10/2/2012 9:35:03 PM|
1. Quiet. I scrap when no one else is around to break my concentration.
2. Enough adhesive. Might sound weird, but unless I have plenty double-sided tape, I won't even bother starting. I fear having the perfect layout all planned out, and not enough tape to hold it down.
3. My internet to be working. I love to go between Two Peas, Pintrest, and my scrap table. If my internet is down, I feel isolated, and lose all desire to scrap.
4. I have to be in a good mood. I can't scrap sad or angry.
5. The house has to be relatively tidy or else my mind won't quit nagging me about all the household chores that should be done before I relax, even if it's at eleven at night.
|Posted: 10/2/2012 9:36:33 PM|Lately I have liked having Glitter Girl or other videos playing on the computer while I scrap.
I like scrapbooking when everyone is gone to work or school so I can concentrate and not be interrupted a zillion times
But sometimes it gets a little too quiet. So I like hearing someone talk in the background
Loc: Tulsa, OK
|Posted: 10/2/2012 9:48:51 PM|
My iPad- All my ideas are on it!
RedBull and or Pepsi
Movies on the tv.
Cheez Itz and Redvines
My 6ft table and comfy chair
At least of the dogs fluffy butts asleep on my foot.
Don't let the dreamkillers get me
Loc: so. california
|Posted: 10/2/2012 10:03:13 PM|
-house is clean
-dogs are fed and occupying themselves
-DH is at work or occupying himself
-room is clean and stuff from projects i am not working on are put away
-desk is clean
-trash can is empty
-tools are clean and not gunked with glue
-i am motivated to work
|Posted: 10/2/2012 10:12:49 PM|
My top 10:
1. Hubby at work
2. Kids at school
3. my shows on dvr (Project Runway and Top Chef are favorites to scrap with)
4. Peanut Butter M&M's
5. Cherry Coke Zero, fresh coffee or hot cocoa
6. Good photos
7. a kit of supplies from my stash
8. Clean house
9. Laundry caught up
10. a handful of sketches or challenges printed for inspiration
|In my Camera bag:
Canon T1I DSLR
18-55mm kit lens
55-250 IS zoom lens
50mm 1.8 lens
Visit my blogs at:
scrappinmargie (for all things Crafty)
MargieV Photography (for my Photography journey)
Loc: Fairfield, OH
|Posted: 10/3/2012 6:19:45 AM|In no order:
1.) I have a toddler and a baby so the no kids thing isn't an option for me yet so they must be sleeping or occupied by daddy (who works out of town through the week!)
2.) comfy clothes!
3.) my scrap room is planned but not started so I scrap at the dining room table for now. So it must be already cleared off and cleaned.
4.) I usually don't snack or drink while Scrapping because my dining room is so small it's overloaded by the time I figure out my papers! If I'm really thirsty, water... On the island in the kitchen lol.
5.) my pad of layouts I want to complete. I scrap chrono so this gives me a good starting point when I've had a long enough break from it!
6.) my laptop is handy since I use the cameo so I always have pinterest or a few blogs I like to read on the screen while I'm cutting shapes.
7.) Motivation to drag all of my stuff out! If I'm not already motivated I'm not gonna make a mess (like looking through papers, pictures etc...) to get motivated because it doesn't work like that for me!
8.) housework unattended doesn't bother me but I do need to make sure my homework is finished and I have started to study.
9.) something on the tv. Usually my background noise is my girls (if daddy is home and entertaining them) but if they are sleeping then I like anything to be on the tv so It doesn't get too quite.
10.) I don't need any pictures go be printed in order to scrap but it does help when I have a new batch in my camera to print! It makes me want to scrap which then will make me want to continue with my list!
7 years to get here... So now what?
Loc: Toronto, Ontario
|Posted: 10/3/2012 8:17:49 AM|
Canon Rebel XTi w/grip
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8
Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP Di Macro
Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Canon EF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Photoshop Elements 10
Loc: Kansas City, MO
|Posted: 10/3/2012 8:21:16 AM|
Love this thread!
1. Clean scrap table (room doesn't need to be clean)
2. Some good old rock n' roll
3. Coffee if it's morning or water at other times
4. Dog laying under my desk
5. New supplies
6. Fun photos
7. Exercise pants and a tee (yes, I hardly ever wear the exercise pants to exercise)
8. Lots of natural light
9. Laptop so I can get inspiration when needed
10. Window open if the weather is nice
|Posted: 10/3/2012 8:22:09 AM|So fun here! My top ten are in no particular order:
2. Ipod fully charged and jammin
3. Comfy clothes
4. Inspirational photos to scrap
5. A clean house
7. Depending on the weather is the beverage...hot or cold
8. Usually a dreary day with blinds open is my fav!
9. Candy....chocolate or sour Depending on my mood!
Loc: San Antonio, TX
|Posted: 10/3/2012 12:00:27 PM|I think I can come up with 10 ~ but they are NOT in any order:
1. I to scrap when I am alone
2. my housework needs to be done so I can relax & really have fun scrapping
3. my scrap table needs to be clean,so I have room to work
4. no snacks ~ don't want to stain a layout
5. computer on and ready to go (I computer journal)
6. stereo playing (Christmas music when I doing Christmas layouts to get me in the Christmas spirit)
7. organized scrap stuff so it is easy/fast to find
8. comfy clothes
9. hair pulled up & away from my face
10. my Ott Lite on
|I LOVE to talk about scrapbooking!!
Gotta Have My Starbucks!
Loc: I'm thinking Starbucks
|Posted: 10/3/2012 12:06:05 PM|
*NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!*
Loc: Northeast Pennsylvania
|Posted: 10/3/2012 2:05:47 PM|Love this thread!
My "needs" for scrapping are (in no particular order):
Clean desk area
peanut m & m's
mason jar glass filled with mydiet green tea with ice
music on (usually Garth Brooks), or the tv on for background noise
comfy yoga pants and t-shirt
computer for inspiration
window blinds open for sunlight
laundry going, dinner prep work done, dishes done, house vaccuumed, beds made, living areas/kitchen cleaned (my kids help with that most nights, so it's not bad for me to do in the mornings.)
Showered, hair/makeup done so I can scrap until the last minute and I all I have do to is change my clothes to go do the mom taxi thing after school!
On a perfect day, when I get to scrap all by myself and no one is home at all for the entire day, I like to order chinese food for my dinner. Usually chicken and broccoli and pork fried rice and an egg roll.
Happily married to my DH since September 1992
A crazy-busy Mom to my four awesome kids - DS 19, DS 17, DD 13 and DD 8
Life is good (most days)!
"Home is where your story begins."
Proud owner/designer of "Paper Creations By Sherry", specializing in mini albums, party supplies, hair bows, and much more!
|Posted: 10/3/2012 2:52:47 PM|
Love everyone's lists! Mine would be:
1 my iPod, fully charged and/or
2. a chick flick I've seen 100 times so I won't get distracted (Pride
& Prejudice comes to mind)
3. scrappy snax (Lindt peanut butter truffles, pretzel rods,
Cheez-Its, Werther's & unsalted roasted whole almonds)
4. comfy clothes - usually my Lands End 'fat pants' & a scrapping tee
5. hair in a ponytail, bangs clipped back
6. scrappy juice (room temp water w/2 or 3 juice cubes - you know,
ice cubes made w/juice)
7. no one to bother me, including the phone
8. nothing looming (housework, laundry, cooking, errands . . .)
9. a candle/wax tart burning
10. albums organized & enough page protectors on hand so I can just
slip my pages right in as I finish them
Ahhh . . . to fantasize . . .
Pea with a Pen
Loc: Southern California
|Posted: 10/3/2012 5:27:11 PM|
1. Having the supplies that make it come together on hand
2. Or better than #1, having time to make an LSS run for new paper
3. New photos
4. Not having DH around (but that's extremely rare and more likely that time will be used for organizing or shopping)
5. A caffeinated, carbonated beverage (Doctor Pepper today)
6. Scraproom isn't a mess
7. In the likely event that DH is around, he isn't going to need a ride somewhere in the next hour or two. (He drives, but refused to replace his car after it was totaled in an accident in 2010)
8. In the likely event that DH is around, he doesn't have politics on the radio or TV. (Little chance of that for the next month, except he does prefer music sometimes.)
9. Not at all necessary, but optimum is I'm scrapping one or both grandkids.
10. Perfect: I'm scrapping one of the layouts of the grandkids we plan on keeping instead of one of the layouts we plan on sending to their house in Colorado.
|Posted: 10/3/2012 7:53:23 PM|
What a fun thread.
mine, in no particular order:
1. comfy clothes - yoga pants and t-shirt or sleep pants and t-shirt
2. laundry to do so I can take frequent breaks to stretch
3. good lifetime movie or show I've already seen, or projectfreetv
4. no one home, or ds occupied
5. no drinks in my craft room, but something nearby in the kitchen
6. dogs nearby, usually under my feet
7. daylight - i don't usually scrap at night
8. comfy temp
9. fuzzy socks or my slippers
10. a clean desk
Cold Pea on a Cracked Plate
|Posted: 10/3/2012 8:12:23 PM|
3) all day
4) good lighting
5) well-stocked adhesive
6) Clean house, clean scrap room
7) ice water, or a cherry limeade, or a decaf mocha/pumpkin spice latte/cinnamon dolce latte
8) fresh Grey's or scrappy videos
9) fresh stack of prints
10) big pile-o-sushi YUM!!
Loc: New York
|Posted: 10/4/2012 9:18:49 AM|
I might not have 10 but..
1. my laptop
2. printer (of course)
3. coffee, pepsi, or flavored water (depends on the mood and time of day)
4. itunes (which is why the laptop helps)
5. Nobody home
6. My kitties snooping underneath me
7. Sometimes a pretty smelly candle (when I remember)
Alex told me to change it
Loc: never in one place very long (...in San Jose, CA)
|Posted: 10/4/2012 9:58:06 AM|
-need to want to do it
-can't be hot upstairs
-nothing good on TV
-I need photos already printed
-nothing too dramatic that needs my attention
-a clean desk
-a glass of wine (optional)
ETA: Jilliene, where do you live in San Jose?
it rhymes with banana
mom to a 21 yo dd, 14 yo ds, and 11 yo ds and a scrapper for 13 years
|Posted: 10/4/2012 10:16:18 AM|I love your list, lol!! Tried to comment on the blog but I'm not sure it went through. I'll have to think about my list, this is actually a great layout prompt.
Loc: Hagerstown, MD
|Posted: 10/4/2012 10:20:32 PM|What a great topic, I got a lot of inspiration from your great ideas, I am just getting back into scrapbooking after several years of inaction.
My list is
1.fairly clean and tidy house, not perfect but satisfactory.
2.Cold drink of Cranberry juice securely away from work area.
3.Old movies like TCM or Pride and Prejudice.
4.Dogs fed and asleep nearby.
5.Laptop on Two Peas for companionship, reassurance and ideas.
6.Any good quality chocolate, sorry not American, I am British and I can't get used to Hershey's : (
7.Daylight, I seem to have changed from a nightime cropper to daytime, oh yes also need several pairs of reading glasses within arms reach lol
8.I need to have eaten well, so can concentrate for longer. I really like previous Peas idea of getting Chinese food, must steal that idea.
9.Need to think about clothing, I have forgotten that is a big part of the experience.
10. I need to stop feeling guilty about supplies I have over indulged in recently, scrap more shop less for a while.
10.5. Chocolate, definitely more chocolate!
|Posted: 10/4/2012 11:04:57 PM|I scrapbook best under these conditions:
1. I need to have a ton of chores waiting to be accomplished. The fact that I'm not doing those makes me focus all the more on what I'd rather be doing.
2. I need a tension-free household. If everyone's in a good mood, so am I.
3. I scrap comfortably when I'm wearing jeans. I do notice, however, that if I'm wearing my nice work clothes, I'll feel a strong compulsion to reach for mist or to drop stamping ink on my lap.
4. Some background noise helps, though it must be noise that doesn't distract. Neighbors with leaf blowers, for instance, mess with my inner peace.
5. I must sit with my legs up on my chair...which means I also must endure periodic bouts of pins and needles.
6. I find it calming (and terribly cute) to find my dog napping on the floor near me. It's less calming when my chair accidentally rolls on her and she yelps. Still, she's a trooper.
7. I'm a late afternoon/night owl scrapper. I can't summon any scrappy strength first thing in the morning.
8. Geography matters. I need to be at my own scrap desk. I've tried to scrap elsewhere, but it just doesn't work. No crops for me!
9. I need my computer on in front of me. When I hit a wall, I mess around on Two Peas-FB-Twitter-Pinterest, and when I come up for air, the layout is waiting for me, and somehow I'm ready to work on it again.
10. I need to be in a patient or passionate mood -- I need to have something to say, or I need to be willing to work through the process of getting there. It's the sense of the QUEST.
|Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:40 AM|I have one major requirement - my house must be freshly cleaned and the laundry done or on going. I can't concentrate if I know their is a mess somewhere in the house. Sick, I know.
Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
|Posted: 10/5/2012 5:31:47 AM|I'm with Jill (fevvers)- the more stuff I HAVE to do elsewhere the better,lol. I know my mojo will be flowing...
A comfortable temp - not too hot/cold.
Coffee during the day, red wine at night.
Busy dh and ds's - at work/school works well
Computer on and ready.
Background noise, be it music or TV. My nanny listens to Xhosa radio, which I don't understand. It actually makes perfect bg noise
Other than that' I'm good to go. Anytime, anywhere.
|Posted: 10/5/2012 11:45:15 AM|
Plenty of space to spread out and nowhere else to be soon!
Rick Springfield Junkie
Loc: Mountain High Pea
|Posted: 10/5/2012 11:59:36 AM|
My Top Ten for (mainly) retreats:
1. Enough table space.. large enough to have my items on the table and underneath, not less than a six foot table.
2. Movies, movies and more movies. Can't be one that I have seen or I don't get my scrapbooking done.. mostly older chick flicks.
3. Comfy chair.. it's gotta be a good chair..
4. Snacks and drinks.. Although I am not into snacks as I used to be, my next retreat will be interesting cause I will have to choose wisely. Drinks.. lots of ICE cold water.. (which used to be Coke but again..not drinking Coke anymore)
5. Decent sleeping arrangements. Comfy bed, sharing a room is okay, goes with it, but if we can keep it limited to just two people that is awesome, but that usually can't happen and I am fine with it. Gotta be a cool room though.. NOT hot.
6. Food. We have a lady that cooks for us. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and desserts.. Enough said. She does the cooking/cleaning. LOVE IT.
7. Good friends, not yappers or look at me me me.. don't want to hear about your perfect kids 24/7 (cause you know mine are).. lol... or have to show me your every single picture.. a few is fine.. I do love looking at layouts, but don't go overboard.
8. Comfy clothes.. yoga/sweat pants..tee-shirt or long sleeved tee shirt if a bit cool.. socks/slippers
9. My OTT light.
10. Ideas.. My favorite idea books/or computer handy to look up ideas/binder of ideas
|Posted: 10/5/2012 4:39:02 PM|
Time. That's it.
|I am a project lifer. That's why I am taking so many pictures.....
Savor the Moment. It is the Everyday Moments that Make Life Meaningful.
Mom to Jackson (4)
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
|Posted: 10/5/2012 5:57:33 PM|
Hmmmm generally my routine is
I have to be warm
I have to have some type of background noise usually one of the real housewives
My iPad needs to be next to me so that I can look up things or go to Pinterest for inspiration
I think that's its maybe there's more but those are my main requirements
|Beth at Scrapping Wonders
Learn how to get those iPhone photos
into a Scrapbook in no time!
|Posted: 10/5/2012 9:29:58 PM|
My Top 10 is similar to Fevvers... Too bad neither of us do well at places other than home!
1. My house needs to be picked up. I don't care if it's vacuumed, swept, mopped, or there are dishes in the sink. I just can't have dishes on the table, and toy cars everywhere.
2. I prefer the dog with me. He prefers it too. Unless I roll over him a few too many times with my chair.
3. Yoga pants and an old loose t-shirt, socks in the winter. I don't want to be constricted, and no sleeves. A blanket on my lap if it's winter.
4. I have to tuck a leg under me...until it falls asleep, then I have to move the height of my chair or switch legs. I usually have the hanging leg swinging in the air. I'm not good at having my feet on the ground or not fidgeting.
5. The toddler and husband otherwise occupied; I prefer sleeping.
6. Afternoon or evening. In the morning, I just end up playing on 2peas.
7. Background noise: People's Court/Judge Judy; Reality TV shows (Cooking oriented preferred); music; movies I've seen a bajillion times, or podcasts. I tried Glitter Girl. I really wanted scrappy videos to be where I turned, but I pay too much attention to her videos, and get distracted looking up the pretty supplies. Same problem with every scrappy video I've tried to listen to while scrapping.
8. My water bottle in my CM cup thing that hangs off my desk with the attached garbage bag or a caffeinated soda if I'm feeling indulgent. My snack of the day nearby: I prefer cheesy chips, and having a napkin on my lap, but I'm trying to replace that with carrots.
9. A goal in mind. This month I'm working on a layout a day (minimum) on my own, not through lain. I added to that finishing up those few pictures and such hanging around from prior to 2007. They've been hampering my creativity process just knowing they are there. If I don't have a goal, I feel aimless when I sit done.
10. Only scrappy stuff on my desk. No bills, no to-be-filed, no coupons, no ads. Only scrap stuff. And my recycle bin and trash bin close to my desk.
Yes, I can spell. No, my Kindle can't.
Just my humble opinion. And no, I wasn't being mean.
Loc: Hillsboro, TX
|Posted: 10/6/2012 8:55:34 AM|My top ten:
2. Music or a familiar tv show on in the background: The Middle, Buffy, and the X-Files are usual go-tos. As for music, I'll listen to whatever I have on ITunes and at holiday time, it's all Christmas music all the time!
3. A reasonably straightened/organized scrap space.
4. Jammies are preferable.
5. Some sort of liquid refreshment: Coke Zero, water, or iced tea.
6. Can't be too tired, grouchy, or feel unwell.
7. Inspiration has to have struck!
8. An occupied niece. She's two, one of my biggest fans and we live in the same house, so...
9. A cold and/or rainy day is helpful.
10. Not having too much that needs to get done hanging over my head. Like - laundry, school work, errands I have to run, having plans a short time later, etc.