|Posted: 12/31/2012 3:27:53 PM|
I am leaning towards doing it!! This is what I am thinking:
1. Doing a weekly page Monday- Sunday.
2. Using and Orange WRMK 3 ring binder. (Orange is my favorite color.)
3. Using WRMK page protectors.
4. Using my own stash
5. subscribe to citrus twist project life kits
6. Incorporate 12x12 layouts that I would normally do into the album. (1-2 a month)
1. Do you write things down so you remember? Is there an app you recommend?
2. I like the BH page protectors but heard the sizes are a bit smaller than stated. Any help?
3. Does anyone find the citrus twist project kits helpful? Do they fit in the BH page protectors?
4. What do you think about my plans?
Thanks so much!!
Sweet Tea Lovin' Pea
Loc: North Texas
|Posted: 12/31/2012 3:42:39 PM|
1. I do write things down daily so I remember them. I have fallen way behind on 2012, but for 2013 I plan to stay caught up and carve out some time each week to dedicate solely to working on PL. What I do is keep a planner in my purse and I write down what pic(s) I took that day and then jot down some journaling/funny stories/quotes that someone said/etc. that go along with the pics. I have an app that came on my Android phone called Mini Diary where you can add pictures and then put a note about it, but I find it easier to just write it down in my planner.
2. I haven't had any issues with the BH page protectors and things not fitting in them.
4. I think your plans sound great so far!!
|Posted: 12/31/2012 3:53:02 PM|I am a newbie to Project Life, but I am starting today. I am using a WRMK binder with BH page protectors. I did buy a core kit and journaling cards, but I also plan on using my own paper stash. Since this is my first time doing it, I have a small journal in my purse that I plan to jot down notes of my daily life. Hopefully it will help me remember things. Ive heard nothing but good things about Citrus Twist, but haven't personally tried them yet.
Loc: Central Illinois
|Posted: 12/31/2012 3:57:38 PM|
I think you have a great plan. I doubt you need the Citrus Twist kit just because when you have a lot of pictures, there really isn't a ton of space left for decorative stuff. Using your stash would be sufficient, but I understand how getting a monthly package is exciting. I used a small notebook just for PL info- one page= one week. I jotted down what we did so, in case I get a couple weeks behind, I can refer to it. This year I bought a planner that has a month at a glance followed by weekly pages. I will write the PL stuff on the weekly pages rather than the small notebook. Have a wonderful time scrapping!!!
|Posted: 12/31/2012 4:14:06 PM|I am planning to use the Day One app. I have Momento as well but like that Day One reminds me to put notes in. This works for me because I always have by phone or iPad with me.
The BH 3x4 slots are not a true 3x4, the BH cards are 2 7/8x 3 15/16.
I don't know what size the cards in the CT kits are but you could trim them down? I didn't realize the size difference when I bought my page protectors. I have some simple stories stuff and am not planning to buy any other non BH cards unless they aren't digital for just this reason. I don't think I need a whole kit per month anyway. I don't envision embellishing heavily but that is just me.
|Posted: 12/31/2012 4:42:44 PM|
Keep it simple. That was the whole premise behind the PL concept, but we have managed to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Do what works for YOU! I use a WRMK album, mixture of protectors and paper from my stash and Simple Stories. I do mine on a monthly/events schedule.
|Posted: 12/31/2012 6:55:54 PM|
Thanks so much for sharing your thought and plans. I can't wait to start doing this.
I thought I read some where that BH page protectors were bigger and true 3x4 now. Is that not true?
Loc: New Hampshire
|Posted: 12/31/2012 10:19:25 PM|I have older and newer BH protectors and my cards from Citrus Twist fit in both, it may be snug, but not "bendy"
here is an example. they fit nicely
Loc: New Hampshire
|Posted: 12/31/2012 10:23:56 PM|I made a little journaling box with index cards and little glassine sacks to hold my journaling/notes and little bits everyday....
I will put more about this on my blog this week And with edited pics...lol. These are NOT great!
|Posted: 12/31/2012 11:44:29 PM|
SUPER CUTE stuff Lisa!!
|Posted: 12/31/2012 11:57:48 PM|
I just downloaded Photo365(1.99) to helpmeet with PL. it lets you set reminders, journal and add photos into a calendar type organizer.
Loc: Woodstock, GA
|Posted: 1/1/2013 12:22:44 AM|
I would actually NOT recommend the orange BH Project Life album. I have 3 of these albums for 2012 and the first one is already tearing. These are high traffic albums in my house. My kids look at them frequently and any guests that we have over - it's the first thing anyone pulls out. I am really disappointed in the quality of the album and wish I had of know early on that I should have purchased something sturdier. I know that eventually I am going to have to replace them. That said, for 2013 I am going with a WRMK faux leather album set (plum color).
I am a bit different in that I don't write a ton of notes down, but I really try to stay on top of my album as much as possible. For example, tonight I've been finishing up week 52 and I just took a bunch of NYE pictures that I'm about to start playing with in Photoshop for my final insert of 2012. My goal is to have my 2012 album wrapped up by week's end so I can start working on my 2013 title page.
My journaling gets a few weeks behind from time to time, but I generally know what I wanted to convey with each picture because it hasn't been months and months since I took it. And I only have 3, maybe 4 journaling cards a week anyway since I tend to journal directly onto the pictures in PSE.
I think you have a good plan, just wanted to share a bit of my experience with you.
Loc: Big Bear Lake, SoCal
|Posted: 1/1/2013 1:04:30 AM|I kind of lost it in my 2012 journey, but mostly for catching up I've just been using Facebook. Random tidbits, song quotes, goings on, all of that gets put onto my Facebook page during the day. I use my FB wall as a scrapbook already, and with Timeline now it's super simple to go back in time, to a certain date, and look at what was going on and how I was feeling.
It really helped when I got months behind for 2012. I'm hoping that I'll be better this year, that I'll make notes, at least remember to email myself and try to journal and plan out certain pictures (even if I don't get them printed) each Monday, but I don't know. Only time will tell if this is even a project I can do.
Loc: in my scrapbooking room
|Posted: 1/1/2013 3:44:02 AM|
Sounds like you have it all together!
Citrus Twists does offer a great product. I have been getting their kits for 3 months now and really like them.
|Posted: 1/1/2013 10:05:18 AM|This is my first year too! Your plan sounds great and here's mine so you can compare with another newbie:
1. Using WRMK orange binder (great peas think alike) and BH page protectors. The slots sometimes seem to be SLIGHTLY smaller, inconsistently, but I am rolling with it.
2. Joined two FB groups-Project Life 2013 and Project Lifers for like minded support and inspiration
3. Cut down a BUNCH of my stash, collecting any cool free printables I can find, purchased two of BH childhood digital kits from ACDigitals and joined a BH group kit buy in one of the FB groups
4. Weekly layout mon-sun
5. Including inserts and regular LOs as the mood strikes-no rules right?
6. Having fun documenting all the stuff about my sons life I would have done anyways and now including all the other daily stuff that normally would not have been included!!!
7. Signed up for SC day by day class for January because I am a collector of ideas and inspiration (and stuff really)
|Posted: 1/1/2013 9:44:57 PM|Thank you Jaimeelynn for sharing the facebook pages! Just joined the groups!
Loc: southern manitoba canada
|Posted: 1/2/2013 12:27:56 PM|
1. Do you write things down so you remember? Is there an app you recommend? Yes. I use a paper planner for project life (you can find them on my blog). I also use Momento.
2. I like the BH page protectors but heard the sizes are a bit smaller than stated. Any help? I use mostly Design A. The 4x6 pockets are true to size. The two inside 3x4 pockets seem to be a touch narrower.
3. Does anyone find the citrus twist project kits helpful? Do they fit in the BH page protectors? No experience with Citrus Twist kits, but kits in general do help keep things unified and cohesive.
4. What do you think about my plans? I think your plans sound awesome! I don't include layouts in mine because I just have too many of them. But I like the idea of having them in there.
Loc: Roseville, CA
|Posted: 1/2/2013 1:03:41 PM|
I was just talking to my DH last night about the fact that I didn't write stuff down in November, when I got behind on my pages because we moved. So now I am going back and trying to remember my son's milestones during that time and I can't differetiate what he did at 10 months vs 11 months vs 12 months. So I really wish I would have at least written that down. On the other photos, I remember what they are from, but don't remember what I felt in the moment or what I really wanted to comment on when I took it. I would suggest, even if you don't keep caught up on putting all your pages together throughout the year, at least keep a notebook or little journal or something to jot notes down in when the moment strikes!
Loc: Queens NYC
|Posted: 1/2/2013 1:06:52 PM|
i heard dayone is a great app for iphone users
yes im using my stash