Loc: Elk River, MN
|Posted: 2/13/2013 3:19:05 PM|
5 things about me.
1. I live in Elk River, Minnesota with my Family and my furry baby Toby which is a Beagle.
2. I have a degree in X-ray, a 2-year degree in Engineering, and I hold the title of Lab Administrator/Radiation Safety Officer for my Company.
3. I enjoy scrapbooking and learning new techniques, but usually it's more of a winter hobby or when the weather is not being cooperative for outside activities.
4.When the weather does cooperate, I'm usually on the golf course or riding my bike. My bike rides consist of weekend rides with my cycling group in which we ride anywhere from 30-60 miles in a day. I also ride in the MS150 (150 miles) for the MS Society.
5. I have 2 boys, ages 24 and 21.
Loc: Southeast Texas
|Posted: 2/13/2013 3:45:49 PM|
This by far is one my favorite posts....I can't wait to get off work to read all the responses. I just read a few and feel like I made a whole bunch of new friends.
1. I live in Seabrook, TX..a small lake community between Galveston and Houston. Our motto: Texas a whole other country...and some really believe it.
2. I have been scrapbooking for 6 years.
3. I own a small medical billing company that specializes in OB/GYN and General Surgery.
4. My beautiful daughter is a Junior in high school and will graduate next year. I am sadly counting the days she will consider this her only home and goes to college.
5. I am married to my soul mate and everyday still feels like a wonderful first date...without all the awkwardness. LOL
|Posted: 2/13/2013 3:53:26 PM|
Hi Celene and all of the other peas!
I am also a lurker, but this post has made me crawl out of my comfort zone.
1. I have lived my entire life in Portland, Oregon. A rare thing. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
2. I started scrapbooking in 1995, when my twin boys were just over a year old.
3. I love to travel, my husband and I spent 4 weeks in Italy last summer and are planning our return next year.
4. I have worked on the same nursing unit for 35 years.
5. I don't like the sunshine day after day, I am energized by the grey, dark days of the Northwest.
Apron Wearing - I Love Lucy inspired Housewife
Loc: Wallingford, Connecticut
|Posted: 2/13/2013 4:22:02 PM|
How fun this is! It's a nice way to get to know other Pea's!
1. I live in Connecticut, have since I was born but hope to one day live on the gulf shores of Florida
2. Scrapbooking has been something I've done since 1999 - when it was just construction paper and fancy scissors!
3. My Great-Grandfather is Babe Ruth but I can't hit a ball to save my life!
4. I just went back to work after being a SAHM for 11 years (12 if you count pregnancy)
5. My favorite thing to do while scrapbooking is watching rerun dvd's of Mama's Family
Loc: Roseville, CA
|Posted: 2/13/2013 4:41:19 PM|
1. I can snap my fingers on my left hand, but not on my right
2. I can't whistle
3. I still harbor my childhood dream of breaking out in Hollywood someday
4. My right eye squeaks when I rub it
5. I have a ton of hobbies, which means there is never a dull moment!
Loc: Greenville, SC
|Posted: 2/13/2013 5:50:13 PM| Mercy Tiara-
,and a million other things for 5 minutes each.......and it dawned on me that THIS is my talent... Gluing pretty things to other pretty things!
THIS!! Me Too!!!
|Posted: 2/13/2013 5:57:56 PM|Hi Celine, First, I have to say that I love your work. I have totally scrap lifted a few of your layouts from SC. In fact, my next page will be based on one. I'm excited to see your work here.
1. Even though I have a degree in mechanical engineering and have designed many things, I never thought of myself as creative. Now that I've been scrapbooking for a few years, I see that I am creative.
2. I like to wear purple, lavendar and the like but, I have a hard time scrapbooking with those colors.
3. I eat a plant based diet.
4. I love to travel. My goal is to see it ALL!
5. I am married to the world's greatest husband. You all can disagree, but you would be wrong.
Loc: Redmond, WA
|Posted: 2/13/2013 6:12:49 PM|
Yay, I love your work!
1) I'm originally from Norway, but moved to the Seattle area 6.5 years ago.
2) My husband and I have two rescued Italian Greyhounds.
3) I love, love, love hiking!
4) I'm a vegetarian.
5) I don't drive, which seems to come as a shock to everyone here in the U.S.
You Wanna Peas of Me?
Loc: Western NY
|Posted: 2/13/2013 6:51:17 PM|
Congrats! Fun thread......
I have been scrapping for 10 years and LOVE it!
I have lived in Florida, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Montreal, Calgary, California, Utah and here in Western New York.
I have been married for 27 years, have 2 awesome kids (25 and 21), a 9 year old Saint Bernard and a 4 month old kitten.
I work full time in an orthopaedic office, drink tea, love chocolate, and hate winter.
I would rather scrap book than clean house. Lol.
Loc: Way down South
|Posted: 2/13/2013 8:56:07 PM|
My 5 facts --
1- My name is Angela and I live in south MS...in the sleepy little town of Pascagoula less than 5 minutes from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico
2- I have 3 daughters, 3 son in laws and 5 beautiful grandchildren with #6 due in June and 1 spoiled rotten Sheltie, Mason and have been married for 34 years - to the same guy!
3- My new addiction is Glitter Girl videos
4- I had my 16th birthday in Florence Italy
5- I started scrapbooking in 2005 when my 1st grandson was born but lost everything in Hurricane Katrina...and didn't scrap again until about 3 years later. My stash is now out of control!
Loc: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
|Posted: 2/13/2013 9:58:53 PM|
1. I live in Australia
2. I'm getting married later this year
3. My favourite TV show is Parks and Recreation
4. I just got my first 'career' job - a job in my field not just something to make money
5. I have never traveled overseas but can't wait to someday
Loc: Rochester, NY
|Posted: 2/13/2013 10:00:26 PM|
Congrats Celine! So happy for you and for us! I'm a big fan of your lovely layouts and minis!
Five facts about me
1. My name is Ann and I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years.
2. I am the youngest of seven.
3. I have lived in Buffalo, San Diego, Newport RI, Richmond VA, & Rochester NY.
4. I love cooking. I wish I went to culinary school.
5. I watch too much reality tv. Love it!
Still hangin on.
|Posted: 2/13/2013 10:06:03 PM|
Hi, my name is Janet. This is a fun thread and I've read every single response!
1. I am 59 years old and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 41 years. We have two grown children and two grandchildren.
2. I live in Orlando, Florida. I have lived here since 1959 BD (before Disney).
3. I work at a Level I trauma center but my unit is a open heart recovery unit. I have worked night shift for 26 years.
4. I have been scrapping since 1998. I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated scrap room.
5. We are planning a mega trip to Alaska in 2014. It will be our last blowout before retirement.
|Posted: 2/14/2013 12:12:04 AM|
1) I just had my first child last month. She is my whole world and motherhood is the best job EVER!!
2) Im almost 31 but my SO is going to be 48 this summer.
3) I have been scrapbooking since 2001 and still love it!! Just dont have much time!!
4) My favorite thing about my marriage was my divorce ( ex is not my baby's father)
5) I work in retail but want to go back to school for my nursing degree. Im a huge nerd and I love reading, watching various reruns, and everything mommy related (I love my sweet baby so much I enjoy washing bottles and doing all the laundry)
6) Im seriously addicted to burts bees lip balm and diet coke. And mexican food.
Happy Happy Pea
Loc: New York
|Posted: 2/14/2013 12:22:28 AM|
What a fantastic idea. I'm loving getting to know more about my peafriends!
1.I've moved house 25 times in my adult life. 26 moves if you want to include my entire life.
2. I have 3 wonderful kids, and a mixed breed fluffy dog that I adore.
3. In the last 3 years I've lost 75lbs, and I'm still losing weight!
4. I am ambidextrous, with my right hand more predominant for writing. I put my makeup on and brush my hair with my left hand.
5. I met my current love on eHarmony.
*Princess of Chat*
Loc: Kansas City
|Posted: 2/14/2013 12:29:41 AM|
I would love to move to the US someday, probably not my entire life as I'd miss my family, but would love to live there for a few years. I would pick Seattle, Denver, Chicago or Portland
hey, those are 3 of the places I am considering moving to! That, and San Diego. I'm originally from Eugene, 2 hours south of Portland. I'm a west coast girl at heart
|Posted: 2/14/2013 1:17:39 AM|Hi, Celine! Congrats!
1. I live in ND & have lived here most of my life.....8 years in El Paso, TX.
2. I am married to a wonderful man who happens to be 7 years younger than me. He has a son, I have 2 sons, and we don't have any together.
3. I was a nurse for 14 years when I went back to school to be a family nurse practitioner. I work in a neonatology/pediatrics clinic and love my job! I am starting a doctorate program in June.
4. I have been scrap booking since 1997 but took a 3 year break and am now getting back into it.
5. I will be 40 this year.
Loc: Orange County, CA
|Posted: 2/14/2013 1:56:31 AM|
1) I live in Orange County, CA, but I grew up in Sonoma County and my ancestors are from the Northern Italian lake region.
2) I started scrapbooking in 2007 after a trip to Italy. I heard bad things (in terms of damaging the photos) about the sticky glue albums and I've never liked the look of divided page protectors.
3) I married the most wonderful man in the world in 2010. We have a 10-month-old German Shepherd mix and we hope to adopt children from Eastern Europe.
4) In addition to scrapbooking, I also write -- I'd love to get a novel published one day. I'm currently seeking representation from literary agents, so we'll see.
5) I'm a fairly "quirky" person -- picky eater, choosey about almost all products, etc.
|Posted: 2/14/2013 2:06:37 AM|1. I have been honestly scrapping since 1983 when we didn't have all the pretty papers and acid free items. I saved concert stubs, tok pics of every life experience and journaled even then.
2. I live in the Seattle metro area and HATE it. It's cloudy, dark and rainy here most of the year and it is very depressing!
3. I am really into heritage pics and preserving genealogy with scrapping.
4. I really do have 8 kids ranging from age 26 down to 9 and all are boys but the last one!!
5. I am married to the love of my life!!
Loc: Montpellier, Southern France
|Posted: 2/14/2013 3:28:27 AM|
hey, those are 3 of the places I am considering moving to! That, and San Diego. I'm originally from Eugene, 2 hours south of Portland. I'm a west coast girl at heart
I love love love Portland! Been to San Diego before and loved it too.
Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
|Posted: 2/14/2013 3:58:24 AM|Bonjour, Celine!
5 facts about me:
1. Living in the city of Stockholm, Sweden. I love this place!
2. Married to the love of my life. We have welcomed two shelter cats into our home, but we have no kids, which is why we only have two cats. We would look like crazy cat people with more. lol!
3. I have been papercrafting and cardmaking all of my life, and started scrapbooking after finding Two Peas web site and shop in 2003 but my scrapping didn't really take off until 2009-2010 when I started to keep an eye on the CHA show and collect things. I know, CHA should come with a warning sign!
4. I love fantasy films and literature. I never grew out of reading fairy tales. lol!
5. I am heavily addicted to washi tape and Instagrammed photos.
|Posted: 2/14/2013 6:59:56 AM|
Hello Celine and everyone else
1. My name is Rebecca but am know only as Bec.
2. I live in Wollongong NSW Australia. 10 mins from the beach on 1 side and 20 mins to the bush the other.
3. I am a signaller, which means I shift work.
4. I have 3 kiddies.
5. I am 40 in 2 weeks.
Loc: Alexandria, VA
|Posted: 2/14/2013 9:18:17 AM|This is fun!
1. I have no hometown! As a military brat and a military spouse, I have spent my entire life moving around the United States. I've lived in Oklahoma, Washington State, Alabama, Texas (multiple locations), California (multiple locations), Virginia (multiple locations), Maryland, Florida and Pennsylvania. When someone asks "where are you from?" I don't have a real answer. I currently live right outside Washington DC, in Alexandria, Virginia.
2. I met my husband when I was only 18 (he was 20) and we got married 17 years ago when I was 21. I knew very early on that we were meant to be together. We have 3 awesome boys and no, I don't "have my hands full" like people tend to say...I just have a full and wonderful life!
3. I am a font of useless knowledge...I can't remember what I need to purchase at the grocery store or things I learned in school (associative property? important dates? chemical properties?), but I can quote lots of movies and remember the words to the theme songs of '80s tv shows. I also have a good memory for scrapping supplies and can tell you the manufacturer of a lot of patterned papers on sight.
4. I am a homebody/book lover/Star Wars fan...not one of the cool kids and I couldn't care less. I embrace my nerdy side and like who I am! I love to make stuff, be it scrapbook pages or pinewood derby cars or Lego creations. Being creative makes me happy.
5. I have no idea what color my eyes are. That sounds so bizarre, but it's true...they're not really blue, they're not really green and then there's a section that's brown on one iris. Not hazel either.
Loc: Upstate NY
|Posted: 2/14/2013 9:18:48 AM|Hello Celine! Happy Valentine's Day
5 facts about me:
1.) Born & raised in a rural town Heuvelton, NY - I'm 7 miles from the canadian border
2.) I married my high school sweetheart - we've been together 10 years, married 3
3.) I drive snowmobiles and I've had 2 Harley-Davidson motorcycles
4.) I love to travel and my brother gives me that opportunity as he is in the USAF.
5.) I've been to Shreveport, LA 5 times.
Loc: New England
|Posted: 2/14/2013 9:43:04 AM|Hi Celine! Congrats on being made a GG
Some facts about me:
1. I live in Maine with my husband, 2 girls, 1 dog and 2 guinea pigs
2. I have been scrap booking since my oldest daughter was born 12 years ago.
3. I think I like buying all the pretty supplies more than I like using them (I have a dedicated scrap room that is overflowing!!)
4. I'm a night time scrapper. My most productive time of day is after 9pm
5. I'm addicted to Pinterest!!
Loc: California dreamin'
|Posted: 2/14/2013 12:21:38 PM|Hi Celine!
5.) I've been to Shreveport, LA 5 times.
I live there, so I hope she makes it 6 so I can meet her!
1. I am 45. My DH and I have been married 27 years. We met in 1st grade but did not date each other until the start of our SR year. We have 2 DDs, 2 SILs and 2 DGDDs.
2. I have been scrapping since 1998. The CM consultant that created this monster, now owns the LSS. I call her my therapist...
3. I was diagnosed with MS in 1989.
4. I own an independent insurance agency. Being a people person makes this business an easy one for me! However, if I could get paid to scrap, it would be my dream job!
5. I have lived many places in my life. Bitburg, Germany, Detroit, Great Falls, MT, San Antonio, Jackson, MS, and Tulsa. We always end up back in Bossier City, LA though!
Make a Wish!
|Posted: 2/14/2013 12:34:07 PM|This is fun!
Lets see.. here's me..
1. I've lived in San Diego, CA since 2010, after marrying a native San Diegan.
2. I'm primarily a cardmaker, but being a part of Two Peas has made me want to start scrapbooking so much.. so I'm finally starting.. yay!
3. I work in the biotech industry in quality control, so I'm in a lab all day..
4. I have a daughter born on Sept 2011.. she's a handful and my mini-me!
5. I speak English and Tag-lish (Tagalog and English combined )
What are you looking at?
|Posted: 2/14/2013 1:19:29 PM|I love reading about everyone! Laura_J, I just want to say that this is so me:
I am a font of useless knowledge...I can't remember what I need to purchase at the grocery store or things I learned in school (associative property? important dates? chemical properties?), but I can quote lots of movies and remember the words to the theme songs of '80s tv shows. I also have a good memory for scrapping supplies and can tell you the manufacturer of a lot of patterned papers on sight.
4. I am a homebody/book lover/Star Wars fan
My boyfriend swears I'm going to win us a ton of money on Jeopardy one day. I'm such a homebody and bookworm, and everyone's always shocked about how much I love Star Wars (and LOTR, for that matter). Glad I'm in good company!
Loc: NE IL
|Posted: 2/14/2013 2:41:15 PM|
1. We have 6 adopted children aged 21 years-18 months. All were adopted as newborns except for our last kiddo, who was 15-years-old and has been with us for 9 months.
2. I HATE winter.
3. I homeschool all my kids except for my oldest who has special needs and has been attending an autistic day school since he turned 18.
4. I am a serial mover and am dying to move again. We've been in this house for 5 years, which is at least 2 years too long to me. I would like to move somewhere like Phoenix, where there are warm winters and lots of SUN!
5. Besides scrapbooking, I love to sew, quilt, and smock, but I have a hard time finding the time.
Loc: Milton, Ontario
|Posted: 2/14/2013 6:30:22 PM|Ha! My friend and I figure that we'd be able to remember more things if we could export all of the eighties music trivia from our brains!
1. I was born in England, and lived in South Africa for a couple of years before my family settled just west of Toronto, Canada.
2. I've been scrapbooking for just over 10 years. I can remember when I started, and my friends bought me a pack of decorative scissors.
3. I am a chartered accountant and have my MBA, but really, really love the creative side of scrapbooking.
4. I can raise my left eyebrow separately, but not my right. My son can do both separately like those kids in the Cadbury commercial from a couple of years ago.
5. I hate running. But I'd really really like to like it.
|Posted: 2/14/2013 7:06:38 PM|
This is fun. I love reading all these neat facts! Here are mine:
1.I love learning different languages. I hope to one day be fluent in polish, spanish and sign language.
2. I have a therapy dog and volunteer with her every week. It is, by far, one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
3. I am married to a college basketball coach.
4. I am 100% polish and very proud of my heritage.
5. I have an appointment next week to get "permanent makeup". Going to have eyeliner done. I'm a little nervous!
|Posted: 2/14/2013 7:24:57 PM|
1) I live in Central Alberta Canada, and have lived within three hours of here my entire life.
2) I met my DH when I was 13 and he was 23. We reconnected years later, and just celebrated 25 years together.
3) I've always kept "books" of stuff that interested me. But started scrapping in 2000 when Dd was born. I now prefer digital to paper.
4) I have a thing for Corvettes (I own a 1985 one), otters,
5) geocaching took over as my hobby of choice. Or should I say new addiction.
Loc: Poconos PA
|Posted: 2/14/2013 7:30:36 PM|
I'm fairly new to the message board side of Two Peas so I thought I'd jump in...
1. I started scrapbooking when my oldest was only four months old, 14 years ago.
2. Although I am hispanic, I can't speak a lick of spanish but I understand about 75% of it.
3. I love pugs and collect pug cards from all over the world.
4. If I could move anywhere, it would be a place that has seasons but no real cold or snow.
5. My dream car is a VW Beetle (I drive a 12 passenger van now...)
Nice to *meet* you!
Loc: Poconos PA
|Posted: 2/14/2013 7:41:02 PM|
2. In June 2012, I left a 20 year teaching career to pursue midwifery (something I've wanted to do my whole life). I am currently serving women as a doula while working on my midwifery training.
This is pretty awesome. I help a local birth advocacy group on the "back end" and many of my friends are CBE, doulas, doulas in training or midwives. I don't have the knack for midwifery but I sure wish I did!
|Posted: 2/14/2013 8:47:23 PM|Congrats on becoming a garden girl! Can't wait to see all you do!
1. I am originally from Kansas but I am now in Oklahoma and I love it!!
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music, like every kind of music except for rap. One day I have Metallica blaring and the next I am on relaxation music.
3. I am the youngest of 11 kids......yep you read that right 11! We are a very close family and I couldn't imagine it any different.
4. I am a huge huge HUGE Sci-fi fan. My boyfriend and I are addicted to Comic Con, Sci-fi and Trek Expos!! I just met Christopher Lloyd aka Doc Brown from Back to the Future this past weekend at a Sci-fi Expo. I was like a teenager at a Justin Bieber concert, lol!
5. And five....I LOVE space! Like outer space. Anything and everything to do with space exploration and astronomy. And I worked at Space Camp in Alabama for 2 summers, where I got to be on an episode of TLC's Little People Big World! Best experience ever!!
*Princess of Chat*
Loc: Kansas City
|Posted: 2/14/2013 9:27:45 PM|I totally forgot to post my 5 things after I commented...
1) I was born in Oregon, moved to Kansas City when I was 8 years old, but I still consider myself a west coast girl at heart. I'd like to end up in Oregon, California, or Seattle someday!
2) I whistle a lot. It makes me happy And I'm usually happy when I'm whistling!
3) I started college sure I wanted to major in Accounting. Then I changed to Elementary Education during my sophomore year. And literally a second from graduating, I had a change of heart and ended up back in an Accounting program!
4) We found out I had a brain tumor when I was 11 years old. Luckily it was benign. I put up a nice fight (both brain surgery & radiation therapy) and beat it! I still have to deal with many different aftereffects now, but I am thankful for my life
5) I love the beach, sunny weather, vintage cameras, whales, turtles, naps, traveling, my family + friends, and my toy chihuahua (Dinky).
|Posted: 2/14/2013 11:22:14 PM|
Loving this topic - thank you Celine for starting this...
1. Living in Tempe, Arizona. Grew up here (dad taught at Arizona State University), moved away for 15 years, came back to stay...
2. Have scrapbooked for 15 years now. Evolved from the CM triangles to Mixbook digital
3. I am a pharmacist, and work at the local hospital. Night shift, part time. Love my job!
4. Have a 15 year old daughter, and a 12 year old son. My paychecks fund their activities- my DD figure skates and DS plays travel hockey. Our vacations center around their competitions and tournaments....
5. Been married 18 years to my pharmacy school sweetheart...
Loc: Montpellier, Southern France
|Posted: 2/15/2013 3:21:41 PM|Come on girls! Dont be shy itÂ´s been fun to read about you all
Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
|Posted: 2/15/2013 3:45:03 PM|1. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark and have done my whole life.
2. Me and my DH have been together since we were 14 (now 50!) have been married for almost 27 years, we have to daughters at 22 and 20, only the youngest is still at home
3. Almost all our vacations is on camping with our caravan, the last couple of times we have visited France, and will definetly be back
4. I have been scrapbooking since my oldest daughters confirmation in 2005 (just finished her album last year ) but have been making card long before that.
5. I have the fortune that my sister, my mother and my oldest daughter share my hobby ( I love birthdays and christmas with crafty-gifts)
|Posted: 2/15/2013 4:56:18 PM|
I love this thread!
1. I have lived in central VA for over 30 years but have also lived in NY, TX, and PA.
2.I just celebrated my 28 th wedding anniversary to my other half. We have 3 sons and a daughter as well as 5 grandchildren. We just became empty nesters and I am loving it!
3. I taught 4 th grade for 17 years and for the last 7!have taught elementary music and private piano lessons.
4. I started my scrapping life as a CM consultant, about 16 years ago. I am passionate about scrapbooking my family pictures and our stories.
5. I love to travel anywhere and everywhere, especially to beach locations or historical places.
Ancient Ancestor of Pea
Loc: Mesa, AZ
|Posted: 2/15/2013 5:38:39 PM|
I've enjoyed reading this thread. There is truly a diverse population of scrapbookers here.
Five facts about me:
1. My father was a minister and I lived near a Sioux Indian reservation (Santee) in Nebraska growing up where my father pastored at an Indian Mission
2. I was kidnapped on my Wedding night by my best friend & her boyfriend.
3. I've been married for 43 years; I have 4 kids and 5 grandchildren.
4. I'm a bookaholic and read before I go to sleep every night.
5. I started scrapbooking 12 years ago. My first scrapbook was of my mother's life and I love to do heritage scrapbooks.
Living life on the left
|Posted: 2/15/2013 6:09:12 PM|
I have been keeping scrapbooks since I was little, and have been scrapping my photos and memorabilia together since around 1999. I scrap alot and have completed more than 100 full albums.
I will be married 25 years in April. My husband and I met through living history and we had a Victorian/American Civil War style wedding.
I have two college age sons who live at home and I still devote myself to being their mom.
I work full time as a social worker and am also Chief Steward in our union. I have spent 30 years in government service and am looking at retirement in a few years if I can afford it.
I have many collections but other than scrapbooking, my biggest collection is vintage and antique Christmas ornaments. I display many of them in a local museum each year.
Loc: northeast pa
|Posted: 2/15/2013 8:46:31 PM|
Here are my 5 facts:
1. I was born and raised a Jersey girl until I went to college in NE PA and stayed here after I met my husband.
2. I am a year round sports mom-my DS and DD play soccer, baseball, basketball, run and track and are very active in karate (ones a black belt, other is a brown belt).
3. Got into scrapbooking after my mom was bedridden and thought it was something to try to keep her spirits up. I tried it too and now do it 5x more than she does and has probably spent 10x more!
4. Can recite the movie 'The Sandlot' word for word.
5. I can sleep anywhere and anytime. It drives my husband nuts! I require 9 hours of sleep a day to function properly.
|Posted: 2/15/2013 8:47:47 PM|
This is a wonderful thread.
1. I was born in England, lived in Canada from age 2 - 37, lived in Australia for 2 years then moved back to Canada and am now packing up the house to moved back to Australia in the next few months.
2. I am a foster parent to high risk infants. Mostly drug dependent newborns.
I plan on continuing to foster when I move to Australia.
3. I have been scrapbooking since 2009 and pride myself in making life books for each of my foster babies to send on with them when they go to their forever home.
4. I hate packing and don't know why I move so much lol.
5. I adopted 2 of my foster babies and they make me happy every day.
|Posted: 2/15/2013 8:49:49 PM|
Hi Celine and fellow peas!
Here are 5 things about me:
1) My father was from Denmark and became a U.S. citizen in 1986. My sister and I missed part of a school day to attend the naturalization. He passed away in 2006 from cancer and I've decided to get a small tattoo of a Danish flag on my ankle....in memory of my dad and in honor of my Danish heritage.
2) Ever since I was little, I have loved stickers, stationery, school/office supplies. Scrapbooking seems like a natural off-shoot of this love of crafty supplies.
3) My husband and I have two 14-year old cats and one 5 1/2-year old rat terrier. I am an animal-lover and cannot imagine not having pets. They are part of the family.
4) Aside from the college-years, I have lived in San Antonio, TX my whole life. I love being near family and I love our home, but I absolutely hate the hot, humid weather we have here. Is that crazy, to want to move, simply because of the weather? I think it affects my mood, so it's probably not so crazy really.
5) I love music. I have an eclectic mix of artists on my iphone, with a special fondness for 80s pop.
Loc: Colorado, but a Texan at heart
|Posted: 2/15/2013 10:22:09 PM|
Fun thread! And congrats on becoming a GG!
1-I'm a veterinarian turned SAHM (for now, anyway).
2-I grew up in Texas, but live in Denver now.
3-I read magazines from back to front.
4-I have been scrapbooking since 1995 when I attended a CM party in high school.
5-My caffeinated beverage of choice is iced tea.
Loc: Sweet Home Alabama
|Posted: 2/15/2013 10:56:45 PM|Hello and congrats Celine
5 random facts about me...
1. I have lived in 4 states so far and only want to move one more time back to my hometown
2. I never wanted to fly but always wanted to skydive
3. I have been married almost 3 years to the person I had a crush on in jr high .Altogether we have six children and almost 9 grandchldren
4. All of my media/contacts like email,youtube, blog etc are: acreativechristian
5.If I am allowed to count the old glue and stick on newspaper clippings type of scrapbooks, I have been scrapbooking about 34 years. That would make me .... yep 44!
baseball is love.
|Posted: 2/16/2013 1:18:55 AM|
Congrats on being named a GG!
1. My name is Cecilia (most call me CC) and I have lived in Arkansas all my life.
2. I have a BA in Criminal Justice with minors in Psychology and Sociology. I am about 30 hours short to have degrees in those two fields.
3. I love baseball. Maybe obsessed. I have been for as long as I can remember. One of my favorite traditions now is going to the last Sunday home game of the Arkansas Travelers and getting to go down on the field and get photos taken with the players. I have gotten to meet some nice people through going to games.
4. I have two doxies, Zoey and Rudy. I also had one named Sausage.
5. I want to go to a Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, and World Artistic Gymnastics Championships one day. Maybe even the World Cup. I'm just a sports nut I guess.
|Posted: 2/16/2013 6:26:16 AM|
Welcome, I am also new.
1. I live in Metro Detroit. My husband and I bought my childhood home and are now raising our daughter in it.
2. My girlfriends always remind me how I vowed I was not going to get sucked in to scrapbooking. That was 6 yrs ago and now I have a dedicated scrap space.
3) I love to camp. Our honeymoon was a 2 week road trip to South Dakota.
4)I do traditional scrapbooking and I love to learn about new techniques and tools.
5) I love jigsaw puzzles!
Why, YES!, I am a princess.
|Posted: 2/16/2013 7:10:04 AM|
5. I've never had a vacation in my life. Although I live 15 minutes from the beach and spend a lot of time there
In my book, your life IS a vacation - living 15 minutes from the beach sounds like heaven.