|Posted: 2/16/2013 8:38:59 AM|Hi Celine! Thanks for starting the thread. Here we go:
1. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life (except for Wisconsin for college) and I have no intention of ever leaving the state
2. I have two different colored eyes: one green, one brown. When I wear certain colors they look even more different
3. I have been with my husband for almost half our life, married for 5 years, together for 14 years. We have a 4 year old son that I am fiercely in love with!
4. After about six years of traditional scrapping, I started Project Life for 2013 and I am it!!!!
5. I work in product development for a large retailer, but if I had my way....I would be a SAHM and craft/scrap for a living
Nice to meet you all!
|I am a project lifer. That's why I am taking so many pictures.....
Savor the Moment. It is the Everyday Moments that Make Life Meaningful.
Mom to Jackson (4)
I am not the Pea you are looking for
Loc: Tarpon Springs, Florida
|Posted: 2/16/2013 8:57:34 AM|
Hi everyone! Here are my facts
1. I was born and raised in Chicago and moved to Florida when I was 14. I then spent time living in Alabama and Georgia until I moved back to Florida in 2006. I really don't like it here, I know people think I'm nuts, but I moved back so my kids could be around family.
2. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I don't dress up but I go to conventions all the time and will travel for them. I was unable to bring my older daughter to the Force but my 13 year old daughter is now a bigger fan than I am! She has met most of the main characters, Mark Hammill, Carrie Fisher, etc and has 29 autographs collected so far. Tom Kane, one of the voices for the Clone Wars, took photos of her and put them on his Facebook, she was thrilled! She is pen pals with two children of two different stars of the movies.
3. I am very handy. My dad owned a construction company when I was growing up and I learned to do everything. I put the roof on my last house and in my current house, I have just embarked on a moulding project. I am putting crown moulding, chair rail, baseboards and shoe and moulding frames in every room in the house!
4. I had black hair when I was born but by the time I was 2, it was all blonde and I had brown eyes. When I hit puberty, my eyes changed to green and my hair started getting dark again and now it is a very dark brown, almost black again. Still have those green eyes and dark hair that I dye back to blonde!
5. I have two girls 13 and almost 23 and one grandson who is about a year and a half. They all live with me. With the exception of a few pounds and my blonde dyed hair, if my daughters and I are standing in line and you see us from the back, you would not be able to tell who is who, we are all the same size and have really long hair! This comes in really handy when one of them complains they have nothing to wear, we raid each others closets!
|Mari - Loving Scrapbook Generation kits and sketches!!!
12x12 double LO - 267 / 7 cards
12x12 207 doubles / 8x8 39 doubles / 3 6x6 Holiday Daily / 20 cards
Loc: Central Illinois
|Posted: 2/16/2013 9:16:10 AM|Hi Celine! Thanks for the introduction and starting the thread.
1. I live in central Illinois, in a small town about 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago. I've never been to France, but it's on my wishlist. Last year, I spent nearly a month in Norway, and I'm trying to brush up on my Norwegian language. I took it in college, but that was a loooonnnnngg time ago.
2. I started scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my first child, 16 years ago. I took a bit of a hiatus when he was a toddler and mostly made cards, but the addiction never went entirely away. I now have a great scrap space, and I wish I had more time to spend in it!
3. I have two kids, two dogs, and a guinea pig, and at the moment, an extra dog that we're fostering for a local rescue.
4. I'm originally from Minnesota, and I still think of myself as a Minnesotan. I can't remember now which Pea posted this, but someone said that they'd never leave Minnesota... I used to feel that way, too, and we've always said that we'll move back. Hasn't happened yet!
5. I know blinkies are a bit out of style, but I keep the one in my signature because a) I love Maxine, and it is entirely too true!
|Posted: 2/16/2013 11:32:47 AM|This is AWESOME thread!!! I so enjoyed reading everyone's response.
Congrats Celine & so looking forward to your projects.
1.In April I will be married to dh for 20 yrs. s & we have a 12 yrs old dd & 17 yrs old ds. My family is my first passion.
2.I live in Ont. Canada . Lived in Malaysia for 8 yrs and totally LOVED it!! Love to travel & have been to Japan, New Zealand , Australia , Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia , France, Switzerland & Denmark.
3. I Love to Cook & bake.
4. I Love thai food
5. I am a clean/organizing freak
PEAnuts and Crackerjacks
Loc: CA girl in the rain of WA
|Posted: 2/16/2013 11:33:56 AM|1. I've been scrapping since 1998 after my second son was born. My husband was an avid golfer and wanted me to get a hobby so he wouldn't feel guilty spending/going golfing. My SIL was a CM rep and he encouraged me to take up scrapping. I think his words were "it's an inexpensive hobby, only paper and stickers." Oh, little did he know.....
2. I read magazines from the back to the front. always.
3. I eat M&M's or colored candy by distributing the colors and then eating the larger amounts down equal to the lower amounts. I can't eat mixed colors together. If I have to take Tums, the two have to match colors.
4. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 23 years and we have 4 children. People often assume they are from mixed marriages because they range from 21 to 7.
5. I'm a SAHM, but used to work in OB/GYN office doing everything from office manager to back office nurse to clinical research coordinator. I miss the sense of accomplishment from finishing a job task, which never seems to happen at home!
|Posted: 2/16/2013 11:50:03 AM|
This is such an interesting thread.
I'm Erin and my 5 facts are
1. I am a book worm-mysteries are my very favorite.
2. My DH and I went to Kauai, HI 2.5 years ago and are now slightly obssessed with the island. I got a really good job after our trip and we are going back this summer for 2 whole weeks! We are beyond excited.
3. I live in the same town in Oklahoma that I was born and raised in. I left for college and lived in NYC and So. California for 20 years, then came back for my DH who wanted out of CA.
4. Purple is my favorite color and has been since I was in grade school.
5. No kids, but 2 teenage girl cats (16 and 15) that I've had since 6 weeks old. They act like teenage girls a lot! We also have a 6 year old Rat Terrier named Jack.
|Posted: 2/16/2013 3:02:41 PM|Hi Celine and congratulations!
1. I was born and raised in NYC. When I was 18 my father decided we needed fresh air so dragged the family kicking and screaming to Connecticut. That was many years ago and I still have a strong NY "accent." I love it here now but people still ask where I'm from. LOL
2. I scrapbook but my real love is mixed media art and art journaling.
3. I work full time as a project manager for a very large corporation. My days are often long but I am able to work from home, which is really nice.
4. I've always wanted to go to Paris but am terrified of flying.
5. I share a townhouse with the cutest little papillon named Chloe. She is a spoiled princess that has no clue she is a dog.
Livin' in My Own "Pea-rivate" Idaho
|Posted: 2/16/2013 5:48:22 PM|
Very cool thread...it's been fun to read up about everybody.
Five facts about me:
1 - I have a name which nearly everyone mispronounces: Lorell. Most people say it as "Laurel," but it's said with a long o and a short e, so that it rhymes with the dishes called Corelle.
2 -I started out as a paper scrapper, then moved to digital scrapbooking. Just recently, I've become more interested in mixed media projects, like art journaling. So, now I'm doing digital and paper art journals as well.
3 - I've been married for almost 19 years, and dh and I have four kids who are close in age (they are 10, 9, 8, and 7). We adopted them a few years back.
4 - I can make a clover shape with my tongue.
5 - some of my favorite things are chocolate, pizza, Zumba, and Keen shoes.
Loc: danville, illinois
|Posted: 2/16/2013 6:59:04 PM|
Hi Celine. My name is Lenora.
5 random facts about myself.
1. I am 38 years old and all four of my grandparents are still alive. (everyone tells me this is rare and since most of my friends dont have grandparents still alive, I feel blessed).
2. My grandmother/grandfather owned a pet cemetery.
3. I live in a small town in central Illinois that I have a love/hate relationship with. I wish I lived in a bigger city but sometimes enjoy the fact that it has the small town feel.
4. My s/o and myself have been together for 16 years and have no plans of getting married.
5. I love reality shows but cant stand waiting til the end to see what happens. So I look all over the internet for spoilers of the season.
|Posted: 2/16/2013 7:08:38 PM|Hi Celine and welcome
Okay random facts about me
1- I am Canadian, from Quebec so I speak french,english and spanish
2- I love taking pictures seems I have been taking pictures forever
3- I believe the first time I scrapbooked was in high school ( we use to get agendas back then and well it looked a lot like what a smash book looks like in todays world)
4- My favourite place is anywhere were there is water ( Peggy's Cove tops the list)
5- And I own way too much scrappy stuff!
Loc: Chicago, IL
|Posted: 2/16/2013 9:40:19 PM|
Welcome Celine, so glad you are here!
1. I have been scrapping for almost ten years and will never be caught up.
2. I buy more scrapping supplies than I use in any given time. I have too much stuff.
3. I am married with an 18-mo. old, who now shows an interest in my paper craft supplies. I'm in trouble.
4. I have lived in Chicago all my life. I love to travel and try to imagine living in other places but I won't leave.
5. My husband is a comic book fan and attends conventions. I made fun of him t first, but then I thought I would go and try it and now it's something fun we can do together.
Sleeping with a Serial Killer
Loc: Big Bottom Valley
|Posted: 2/17/2013 12:55:50 AM|1) I live in a tiny little town in Washington state. If you ever get to visit the Pacific North West here's a little thread you might want to read first
2) My DH & I have three boys--er, young men, ages 22, 20 & 20.
3) My cat Steve may or may not be a serial killer
4) I love art journals but have only dabbled
5) I have a cup of tea and half a poppy seed muffin every morning for breakfast.
(what a fun thread!)
|*********Sue Who? *******
Reality is made up of words.-Ferdinando Buscema
Words are hard.-Hannah Kelly
NSBR: "We're like a big damn disfunctional family. We'll beat the crap out of each other, and it's ok, but dammit, if an outsider turns on one of ours, we circle the wagons." -Free~Bird
Used with permission & with 9% royality fee paid annually. Starting next year. Honest.
Manic Mom of 2
|Posted: 2/17/2013 8:18:08 AM|Welcome!! Fun thread!!!
1. I have only ever lived in New England. If I were to live anywhere else, it would be Oregon. I love having 4 seasons, fall being my favorite. I would take below freezing and a foot of snow over 90 degrees and humid any day of the week (August is my least favorite month). I now live in southwestern New Hampshire, but grew up just west of Boston and went to college in Maine.
2. I met my dh in college and we dated for 7 years before we got married, this is our 30th year together. We are planning a big family trip, probably to Italy, for our 25th anniversary in 2015.
3. I never wanted to drive but finally got my license at 36 when I decided to have kids. We have two, a girl and a boy as well as 2 cats named Trick and Treat. I still don't like to drive.
4. I made a pitiful attempt at scrap booking in 2003 when my ds was born. But, in 2004 we bought a house and moved to a nice neighborhood. My first invitation was to a CM beginners party and I was hooked! Becky Higgins and Cathy Zielske were my first real influences. In retrospect, I used to scrapbook a little anyway, photo albums with labels and memorabilia...
5. I love to listen to music, BUT I guess I don't hear it. By that I mean I don't actually listen to the lyrics so I never know what a song is about. Sometimes I will hear a song I like and even be able to sing along and dh will say, you do know what that's about don't you and ill be shocked when he tells me!! Must be why I can never identify who is singing, even when it's a band I love! I think it's a disease!
Air Force Mom Of 1
Loc: East TN
|Posted: 2/17/2013 8:27:10 AM|
1. I have a chalkboard wall that I love. When I have dinner guests, I write the menu on it and other times seasonal sayings and quotes.
2. I have driven a tractor trailer truck.
3. I collect cookbooks. My kitchen accessories, dishes, bakeware, etc. are red and red/white polka dots.
4. I live near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
5. My only child is 27 yrs old. He's a commissioned officer in the Air Force. He served 4 years active duty including a tour in Iraq but is now in the Reserves and is a 2nd year law school student. My pride & joy his entire life!
|GRITS: Girls Raised In The South!|
Make a Wish!
|Posted: 2/17/2013 8:36:44 AM|
I plan on continuing to foster when I move to Australia
Please do, I work with kids in care and we need great foster parents
1)I married well,nearly 29 years - inherited his wonderful son and daughter and we have two sons 26,23. 2 beautiful grandkids who we now live too far from
2)I have a Masters degree, nursed for 30;have been lucky to contribute to services that support a person/family when they are down
3) Scrapped for 8 years started for my mother's 70th; I owned a LSS and yes I am another that closed down - loved it while I did it, my DH thought that when I packed up the shop I had enough supplies - silly
4)I love reading and travelling; at the same time is great!
5)Live in tropical Qld, thinking of moving south again though; have lived in London when I was in my 20's love going back
|Posted: 2/17/2013 8:49:46 AM|Bonjour, Celine! What a fun and interesting thread. Here are my 5 facts:
1) I live in Texas with my husband, who found me online and flew 5,000 miles to take me out on our first date
2) I've lived in 6 countries on 4 continents
3) I speak three languages: English, French and Dutch
4) I started scrapbooking in 2008 when I moved to the US. I dabbled in 12x12 and settled more comfortably in card-making until Project Life came along and I found my scrapbooking niche
5) I'm a Brit and need to drink copious quantities of tea (PG Tips please) every single day
|Posted: 2/17/2013 8:56:35 AM|
I love reading all these!
1. I met my DH when I was only 16 years old and it was love at first sight. I knew at that moment I would marry him one day. We are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary!
2. Both DH and I were born, raised and still live in Texas. I would love to live in New England, especially NH. I love fall and and it's so beautiful there.
3. I have two kids - 20 yo DD and 16 yo DS. And 2 Shelties that are very spoiled! They are the highlight of most of my photos since they follow me everywhere.
4. We had a pet rabbit named Honey Bunny that lived for over 9 years. She ruled the house! I still miss her.
5. I've been scrapping on and off for about 14 years.
|Posted: 2/17/2013 3:20:18 PM|Hi Celine! Congrats!!
What fun! My name is Anne and here are my 5 facts:
1. I was born and raised in Southern California.
2. My dh and I met while working at the happiest place on Earth - Disneyland!
3. My dh and I enjoy adventure and traveling. We love to do stuff while on vacation. Relaxing on the beach, while pleasant, isn't our ideal vacation. We would rather be in a shark cage, ziplining, scuba diving or kayaking. I also enjoy art so I love going to museums.
4. I LOVE food and wine. Combine #3 and #4 and you get our favorite vacation of all time - Paris! Btw, you may enjoy this little tidbit - on our first night, I decided I would order the only thing on the menu I didn't recognize: rognon. That was interesting as it was the only thing on the plate. Good but really rich.
5. I love books and movies (so does my hubby). There is not enough time in the day to read, watch movies, or scrap!
5. I have a very expressive face. People can tell how I feel just by looking at me.
That's me too!
Loc: Central Florida
|Posted: 2/17/2013 3:25:58 PM|After mostly lurking, and enjoying reading everyone's responses, I thought I would join in.
1. I have scrap booked on/off for years. But I want to be 'on' again and am hoping to start getting some mojo. I love looking at everyone's pages and cards!
2. I have lived in central Florida all of my life and cannot stand it! I would LOVE to live up north somewhere and have four seasons and enjoy very one of them. But my hubby says I would miss him, haha.
3. I have been married to my husband for 19 years. We married in our late twenties, suffered through years of infertility, and now have two adopted children ages 7 (home as a baby from South Korea) and 5 (home from China not quite 6 months ago). And we have an 8 year old Akita (who is a Japanese breed .
4. I am having a really hard time with this second adoption and have seemed to turn back to scrapping as an outlet. I'm hoping I can accomplish some pages.
5. My dream has always been to be a SAHM, and as much as I'm struggling with this second child, I still pray daily to do this. My husband who was a professional barefoot Waterskier, is working hard now in Internet sales and trying to make this dream a reality for me/us.
|Wife and mommy to my precious boys
DS adopted, home from S. Korea 9/22/05!!!
1st 5K completed 11/13/10, 33:03. Went way to fast!!!
1st 10k...looking for one
1st 1/2 marathon...completed 2/27/11!!!
|Posted: 2/17/2013 3:34:50 PM|
Hi, I'm Lisa
1. I've lived all my life in North Carolina.
2. I dream of retiring somewhere else maybe within this state or maybe not. My husband and I are just starting to look.
3. I'm an only child and have no children (by choice), so most of my scrapbook pages are about us, our hobbies, travels, etc.
4. I started doing embroidery when I was about 7, taking fabric scraps and drawing designs on them. Then I would embroider over the designs. From there it was crocheting, then knitting, quilting, scrapboooking. The creative journey continues.
5. My first job was using my Accounting degree and I've had several career changes since then. I'm still looking for that thing that makes work seem like play.
Congratulations on being a Garden Girl. Your life sounds fascinating!
Now that I'm here, I have nothing clever to say!
Loc: In the land of the Giant Trees
|Posted: 2/17/2013 5:34:21 PM|Congrats on joining the GG team! And thanks for this thread, so fun to read!
5 Things about me....
1. I am a California girl. Grew up in So Ca, lived the last 33+ years in No Ca. My dh and I just celebrated our 33 anniversary yesterday.
2.I have 3 sons, 30, 27 & 16. All still live with us on our ranch over looking the Pacific ocean. A beautiful sunset every night! I have never lived outside of CA, but have been to every state but the deep south.
3. I have been scrapping since 1999, but have been sewing or crafting since I was 7. There is not a craft I will not try!!!! And have many different projects going at once!
4. I also like to cook and bake and with 3 boys I do that a lot
5. I am the youngest of 4 girls and I am closest to my oldest sister. She is 17 years older than me. She and I love to talk about crafting, though she doesn't scrap, she knits like crazy, she can knit up a sweater in just a few days! Me? A few years!
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind . . . let it be something good." author unknown
Loc: I like calling North Carolina home!
|Posted: 2/17/2013 6:53:42 PM|Hi Celine - congratulations on your Garden Girl status! May you bloom wherever you're planted!
Five facts about me:
1 - With the exception of 3 nightmare years, I've lived in NC all my life. We have the best of everything - the beach at one end, the mountains at the other and my home town in the middle!
2 - After almost 30 years of marriage to a boy I've known all my life, I find myself separated after XH walked out 2 1/2 years ago. It's been rough - I have to see the other woman every single day. (long story)
3 - I am a belly dancer! It's so much fun, wonderful exercise and I've met some of the best people. They keep me sane! I get to dress up in pretty costumes, over the top make up and step out of my own shadow at shows and recitals.
4 - I love almost all types of music. Scroll my iPod and you'll find everything from AC/DC and Iron Maiden to Michael Bolton to Southern gospel to the Benedictine Monks. However, you will never find rap, hip hop or any of that fake, auto-tuned crap that's out there today.
5 - I have a wonderful 24 year old DS, 3 mountain lions cleverly disguised as house cats and a ball python. A few weeks ago, our much loved lab/collie mix died as I laid beside him with my arms around him. (the pretty pit bull in my avatar is Rosie. I share her with my BF who is a long haul trucker)
Bonus fact - I've been scrapbooking in one form or another all my life. I still have all of my early scrapbooks in my cedar chest and I cringe when I look at them. lol Tape and rubber cement! Egad! I may get them all out one day, and with a gallon of Un-du, try to salvage the things I really WANT to keep!
PS - I'm so glad to see so many other Trekkies here!
3) My cat Steve may or may not be a serial killer
SueSume...you too, huh?? LOL
"What fresh hell is this?" Sheldon Cooper
Manic Mom of 2
|Posted: 2/17/2013 10:50:25 PM|
Another scifi fan here. I spent part of my day watching Firefly reruns (which I own). It's one of the things my dh ad I have in common. Although he is classic trek and I am next gen...
|Posted: 2/18/2013 6:46:17 AM|