Loc: SW Virginia
|Posted: 8/1/2013 8:50:58 AM|
We live out in the country but on a lake. DS and DH race drag boats. They tend to put them in the water to test early in the mornings when other boats aren't out making wakes. The boats are extemely loud!! No one has complained but I'm sure it wakes some of them up.
DH has been working on our barn for about 5 years. Part of it is white and the other part primer gray. I have no idea when he will ever finish it.
We would not make it in an area that has HOA's!!!!!
PEAing entirely too much!
Loc: Here and There, well...mostly There!
|Posted: 8/1/2013 9:31:33 AM|
DH has motorcycles that he drives to work. One is newer but way loud and the other one is older and requires more "revving" up to stay started.
Neither one is a winner according to our neighbor but it saves us a ton of money on gas so I'm not really caring.
Loc: No. Virginia
|Posted: 8/1/2013 9:44:06 AM|
The lawn. Dh isn't obsessive about it but likes the front of the house to look nice. We get comments all the time about how we make the neighborhood look bad because out lawn is so perfect. It's not perfect, far from it. It's just that our next door neighbors don't mow their grass nor trim their bushes. There are other homes with better yards than ours.
Apparently we're perfect in that we recyle. We're not the only ones that recycle so don't know why they say that.
Asking the neighborhood kids numerous times to go play in front of their house instead of ours.
Asking the neighbor to have their maid park her car in their parking spot instead of mine.
Dh is deaf in one ear so he speaks very loudly. Sounds like he's yelling when he's not. DD and I respond back to him in normal tones.
|Posted: 8/1/2013 1:14:05 PM|
Well, my married neighbor was annoyed because I wouldn't sleep with him, was opposed to the fact that he grabbed my ass repeatedly, and didn't always answer the door every time he knocked. We had a big blow out about it about a year and a half ago. He rarely speaks to me now. I love it.
I might annoy some other neighbors because I do tend to be a bit of a nightowl, so I might go out after midnight. I try to be quiet, but when I lock my car, it beeps.
It also possibly annoys my neighbors that my house really needs to be power-washed. It's two stories and I don't have a power washer. I haven't been worried enough about it to rent one or deal with it. I have light-colored siding, so some of the dirt is very visible under two of the windows.
my blog: http://ginasgorillaspeak.blogspot.com
Loc: in the sunshine
|Posted: 8/1/2013 1:38:05 PM|I am sure my neighbors are irritated by:
- my not bringing in the recycle bins/trash cans fast enough
- the weeds growing in my yard and on the paver driveway
- my bushes are getting too tall
- that I keep a bird feeder filled so my inside only kitties have bird tv
- that because I feed the birds, the stray(?) neighborhood cat has adopted me. So now I feed him/her as well. Although my kids swear he belongs to the lady at the end of the street. But he's always in my bushes. And comes running and meowing at me the second he sees me outside.
- that I feed the momma raccoon that lives in the preserve behind my house. In the summer I see her several times a day scrounging around my bird feeder. And since I can see that she is nursing little ones, she gets whatever stale bread, etc that I have in the hope that I'll get a glimpse of her babies. Last year she had three of the cutest little balls of fluff.
On the plus side, we are quiet neighbors, who mind our own business and do our best to ignore the irritating things our neighbors do.
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
|Posted: 8/2/2013 5:30:05 AM|
That could possibly be my new Rooster. I don't know if they can hear him as we are on acreage and there are lots of trees. I can hear him from my bedroom but not in the rest of my house. We've only had him a few days. He is a rescue from the vet clinic. I'm not going to say anything to them until they mention it to me. Just in case they don't hear him (at 4:30am) and then start listening for him.
|Posted: 8/2/2013 6:42:29 AM|My son is in a Hard Core band...and they practice at our house. Enough said.
(They never practice past 8:00 p.m.)