|Posted: 11/19/2013 8:48:21 AM|
I want to finish up my Disney scrapbook from our Spring Break trip. I am getting there! I did a couple of more pages this morning.
|Posted: 11/19/2013 9:01:27 AM|This is what I wrote last month:
Mostly not shop , finish up the undone pages in my albums and take more pictures.
I haven't really shopped - just a small album and some cardstock for a gift album.
I don't think I took any pictures in the past month.
I may have finished up one page I was referencing last month but I don't think so.
|Posted: 11/19/2013 11:35:04 AM|
Oh yes just what I need. Make a list of goals and stick to none lol. Hopefully 2014 will better luck with my crafting.
1. Organize all my photos: get them off SD cards or cameras and onto my computer and back them all up
2. Make 20 cards
3. Complete 5 mini albums
4. Complete 150 new layouts
5. Gift 2 projects
6. Spend less
7. Use more of my stash
8. Cut my paper stash in half by using them
9. Make more embellishments with my cricut
10. Make more time for crafting
Loc: the stars at night are big and bright....
|Posted: 11/19/2013 12:01:47 PM|1) Stay caught up on our 2013 PL album and complete it (shortly after NYE) I do much better with journaling if I stay caught up!
2) Take new family photos for our Christmas cards
3) Go thru our digital photos for 2007-11 and decide if I want to make photo books or PL them or what! (I stopped scrapping during that time and really need to actually print some photos!)
4) Go to the Dec scrapping retreat and actually stay the night with the other girls! (I usually go home in the wee hours of the morning and then if I go back the next day I hear about all the fun I missed. I have a touch of social anxiety and a lot of mommy guilt so this will be a big step for me!)
|Posted: 11/19/2013 12:10:22 PM|
Here is what I posted last month:
I want to:
1)Buy ink and print out journaling for several layouts that are sitting around incomplete
2)Finish scrapping my 2011 pictures for my 8 1/2x11 and 12x12 albums
3)Start and complete an 8x8 mini album using pictures from a 2011 vacation
4)Make page kits for my kids to finish a mini they've been working on for a while
5)Get started on 2012 pictures
.....using only my stash.
I have completed 1 and 2. I have done some of 4 (6 kits) and I'm working on 3. I lasted 91 days being frozen and I bought a HS Serendipity paper pad for the vacation mini. It's perfect for the color scheme I want for it. At this rate I think I will reach all my goals by the end of the year.
Completed layouts & projects
2012 total layouts: 62
mini albums: 4
mini albums: 2
7 years to get here... So now what?
Loc: Toronto, Ontario
|Posted: 11/21/2013 12:43:57 PM|
1. Stop buying everything I see!
2. Take more pictures.
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8
Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP Di Macro
Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
Canon EF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Canon 430EX II
Photoshop Elements 10
Loc: Just a short drive from Nashville, TN! (Yee-Haw Ya'll!)
|Posted: 11/21/2013 12:50:18 PM|
BY 2014? Wow. That's a toughie.
I want to complete, not just attempt, COMPLETE, a December Daily.
Catch up on my monthly Project Life.
Make a strong list of scrappy goals for 2014 that includes getting my digital pics printed and organized, organizing my current albums and layouts in a stack and scrapping my most important stories first!
Just one more post!
Loc: Thousand Oaks, CA
|Posted: 11/21/2013 12:54:52 PM|
By 2014?!? Well since its only a month and a bit away...
Im going to try hard to finish my 2013 albums but that might be more than I can handle. I think I would need to do a LO a day to finish. Do I smell a challenge coming on?!? hummm.............
|Posted: 11/21/2013 1:09:14 PM|
By 2014 I want to finally make a decision on which new printer to get after being without almost a year. Why is this so difficult for me LOL!
Loc: Århus, Denmark
|Posted: 11/21/2013 2:18:20 PM|This is what I wrote last month:
-Have last year's school pages done (about 4 pages worth of layouts).
-Continue filling in story gaps in my older albums. Maybe I'll go crazy and actually finish 2004 or something.
Beyond that I just want to scrap. I don't have a lot of stash, I actively use what I have, and at the moment I've finished pretty much all the layouts I want to do for the first half of 2013. I got my photos from June through the end of September back today and will chip away at those for the rest of the year. MMMmmmm.... freshly printed photos.
- I haven't touched the school pages.
- I have filled in gaps in some of my older albums. In fact, I finished 2004. Our albums actually show we got married now. I'm continuing to fill in gaps and hope to have 2005 finished before the end of the year, too. Shocking.
- As for the current album, I have done quite a few summer layouts now. I only have a few left to go, plus a few won't be in the yearly album. As such, I've started laying out my 'extra' photos and stories into pocket pages.
- I also made all our Christmas cards. Bonus.
8.5x11" pages in 2014 -- 31
|Posted: 11/21/2013 2:36:23 PM|
I want to scrap about 10 simple layouts for my daughter's first album to get to a good stopping point.
I want to scrap 8 layouts about gratitude using the journaling I wrote this month.
I want Christmas to inspire a lot of scrapping!
|50 Layout Challenge: 22/50|
Loc: Colorado, but a Texan at heart
|Posted: 11/21/2013 2:48:37 PM|ANY PROGRESS?
-Get my scrap space up and running! I've got new IKEA furniture waiting in boxes in the garage, but we're still finishing up fixing the basement flood problem.
-Get through November of PL 2013
-decide about continuing PL in 2014. I really enjoy it, but it does seem like a lot of albums!
-complete DD by New Year's Eve
-if I get all that done, then start on DS's school album (preschool)
That was my list from last month.
I'm very close to getting my scrap space done - just waiting on DH to help me lift the assembled expedit up and attach it to the wall. Then the organizing and arranging can begin!
Way behind on PL, but did make a decision about next year (doing monthly wrap-up pocket pages and mixing in with regular LOs).
DD base pages are ready to go.
Haven't touched DS's school stuff - all of last year's is still packed anyway.
Good reminder - I'm always so much more motivated when I have a list to work from!
happily married to Jon, mom to Jack
cat mom to Emma, Ernie and Charlie
Texas Aggie grad - whoop!
50 layouts freeze challenge:
Feb through May 2014
12X12 layouts: 2/50
PL layouts: 0
Loc: middle of a 3-boy circus
|Posted: 11/21/2013 2:50:12 PM|
By 2014, I want to:
- put my completed layouts in albums
- add journaling to unfinished pages
- tag all 2013 photos on my computer
- count up all the pages and projects I've completed this year
I think that's doable. I'd like to do more, but I'd rather set a goal I can reach.
Loc: pea formerly known as GIPfunny
|Posted: 11/21/2013 4:03:15 PM|From my earlier post:
1) Finish downsizing my stash
2) Buy more divided sheet protectors and grid cards
3) Order lots of photos and organize them in the sheet protectors
4) Add the details to the pages (journal cards, titles, etc...) This part won't be completely done by 2014.
My progress so far:
I have sold some stash on a local yard sale group. I'm to the point where I'm going to donate or throw the rest of it away. Ordered 2 batch of photos and they are organized in sheet protectors. I've added some details to the pages and they probably won't be finished by 2014.
I'm on track! Didn't have lofty goals either.
|Posted: 11/21/2013 4:07:47 PM|I don't really have anything to add because I've been setting goals for myself all year and they have been working great for me
Loc: So CA
|Posted: 11/22/2013 9:09:51 PM|
Finish my Christmas gifts lol. One scrapbook and at least two calendars not started yet b
Finish up UFO pages. I hope some of these will work for my gift album.
Project life for November and December.
Continue working on organizing my stuff
Don't buy anymore stuff until 2014 except organizing stuff.
Loc: saskatchewan ,canada
|Posted: 11/22/2013 11:12:37 PM|
I have a long list that I don't think will get done but maybe if I can stay off the computer for awhile I can.
- finish my 2012 album ( I have 10 more pages to go).
- get my PL caught up for this year, watching Becky Higgins for the last 3 days really motivated me to simplify my process.
- do a DD album for this year and finish last years.
- make my Christmas cards and get them out
- finish decorating my house for the season by the end of this month
- bake some sugar cookies for the holidays( lots and lots, my kids love them)
- sew my winter lap quilt before Christmas
- MOST of all I want to enjoy my family this season. All the rest has to be secondary to that and I hope I can stop myself in the middle of each task and pay attention to what's going on around me, make time for games with the kids or whatever else they may want to do with me. I get so caught up in my own world and realize time with them is getting shorter and shorter before they make their own way in this world.
Yup, I think I better just disconnect the computer for a while,lol
Loc: saskatchewan ,canada
|Posted: 11/23/2013 9:31:30 AM|
Too funny, I just went back and read the posts and realized I had already posted here. I noticed my list was pretty much the same just worded different, although I have been using my stash. I in the last 2 weeks I've made 17 layouts and 7 cards.
Loc: So Cal
|Posted: 11/23/2013 11:01:39 AM|
I would love it if I could just get organized. I'd like to do a major purge. I'd also like to freeze myself for a while and use up some of my stash!