Used Sande Krieger's Lazy Days of Summer Kit
Make Mine Mini Week One Book
1. Make size 7 x 5 in design; insert Blue polka dot paper as base mat.
2. Insert cloud shape then copy and paste to opposite corner the cloud shape. Fill shape with wave stripe paper.
3. Insert rectangle shape, move slightly to off center.
4. Insert sun element move to the left slightly to continue the off center balance.
5. Insert lazy days of summer word art. Move down until the days is over white part of sun.
1. Insert new slide, size will be automatically 7 x 5. Fill shape with Blue Polka dot paper as base mat.
2. Insert swirls and twirls paper, rotate until swirls and twirls is on bottom and the distressed orange solid on top.
3. Insert bracket shape; fill shape with brick polka dot paper, no outline option.
4. Insert minus shape, stretch out until it covers bracket and rectangle shapes as seen in my layout. Fill shape with funky floral paper.
5. Insert things to do note card place on top of minus shape (ribbon) by reducing in size down to the right slightly.
6. Insert metal flower scalloped. Reduce size. Move to the left as seen in my layout. Copy and Paste reduce size of metal flower place to the right of larger flower, place as seen on my layout.
1. Click on insert new slide, should automatically be 7 x 5 sizes. Fill shape using funky oval paper.
2. Insert swirls and twirls paper. Crop out the swirls and twirls part leaving the distressed solid orange part. This will be the mat.
3. Insert rectangle shape; place it to the left corner of the second mat as seen in layout. Fill shape with funky flower paper with outline of light orange.
4. Insert another rectangle place above the funky floral rectangle. Fill shape with gold polka dot paper, outline should be light orange.
5. Insert swirls and twirls crop out distressed orange solid part. . Place over the space of gold brick and funky flower as shown in layout.
6. Insert blue arrow, reduce in size, place over rectangles, and rotate slightly up.
7. Insert the lowercase chipboard alphabet, crop out the letter d, repeat for letters a and y, and number 1. Rotate each and place above arrow.
1. Insert new slide, should be 7 x 5. Fill slide with gold brick polka dot paper.
2. Insert rectangle shape enlarge to make matt. Fill shape with stripes paper.
3. Insert rectangle shape, reduce size, move to left lower corner of previous rectangle shape, fill shape with funky ovals paper, and outline white.
4. Repeat step expect size should be slightly larger, upper left hand corner, fill shape with brick polka dot paper, and outline white.
5. Insert minus shape, stretch out, move over the border area of the previous two rectangles, fill with wave paper, and no outline.
6. Insert just hanging out word art, place in the upper rectangle. You may have to reduce in size to fit.
7. Insert the Blue start. Copy and paste two more stars. Reduce the size each of these stars as shown in layout.
8. Insert the Uppercase Alpha, crop letters d, a, and y. Reduce in size place over the funky oval rectangle.
9. Insert Lowercase alpha, crop out the number 2. Reduce in size place over the funky oval rectangle paper.
1. Insert new slide, size should be 7 x 5. Fill with funky flower paper.
2. Insert swirls and twirls paper, crop out the swirls and twirls until just the distressed orange solid is left. Expand the size to make the mat.
3. Insert the swirls and twirls paper, crop out the distressed orange solid paper, leaving the swirls and twirls. Reduce size, move to left lower corner, and outline brown.
4. Insert rectangle shape, fill shape with blue polka dot paper, reduce size slightly, move to upper left hand corner and outline brown.
5. Insert white flower, reduce size and place over ovals with swirls twirls rectangle, insert lower case alpha/numbers crop. Repeat until Day 3 is there and place by flower on minus shape.
6. Insert sun, sand, surf word art; crop out sand surf leaving sun. Place into polka dot rectangle at top. May have to reduce size.
1. Insert new slide, adjust size to 7 x 5. Insert the wavy lazy day paper.
2. Insert rectangle shape; fill shape with blue polka dot paper. No outline.
3. Insert rectangle shape, reduce size, and fill shape with stripe lazy paper, no outline.
4. Repeat rectangle shape and enlarge size, move up and over previous rectangle shape. Fill shape with gold brick polka dots.
5. Insert minus shape, enlarge and place over both first two rectangles. Fill with brick polka dot paper from lazy day, no outline.
6. Insert alpha/number uppercase and lower case for Day 4.
7. Insert sun, sand, surf word art; crop sun and surf out leaving sand. Move over gold brick polka dot rectangle, reduce size.
1. Insert slide and adjust size 7 x 5. Insert swirly/twirl paper; crop out solid part of paper. Leaving the swirly/twirl part. Enlarge size to fit size of slide, rotate to the left.
2. Insert rectangle shape; fill shape with brick polka dot paper, no outline.
3. Repeat rectangle shape, with funky oval paper, reduce size; white outline.
4. Repeat rectangle shape, fill shape with gold polka dot paper, white outline, adjust size, and move over to the left side of the paper.
5. Insert minus sign, enlarge size, move over two previous rectangles, and fill shape with stripes paper.
6. Insert sun, sand, surf; crop out leaving surf; reduce size, move over top of rectangle.
7. Insert chipboard flower, reduce size, and move to left side of minus shape. Insert double edge flower, reduce size and move over the previous flower.
8. Insert lower case alpha numbers for Day 5 place over the minus shape.
1. Insert new slide. Insert Stripe paper; enlarge to fit size of slide.
2. Insert rectangle shape, adjust size to make mat, fill shape with funky oval paper, no outline.
3. Repeat rectangle shape, fill shape with wavy paper, and outline dark orange.
4. Repeat shape and size; fill shape with brick polka dot paper.
5. Insert minus shape, adjust size and place over the rectangles, fill shape with golden polka dot paper, and outline dark orange.
6. Insert big flower adjust size move over minus shape; copy and paste three times move each over shape as the first.
7. Insert lowercase alpha numbers; crop until you have Day 6 move each element over individual flower.
8. Insert fun in the sun word, art reduce size and move over rectangle with wavy paper.
1. Insert new slide. Insert blue polka dot paper; resize to make a long small rectangle. Repeat for Brick polka dot, funky flowers, funky ovals, golden polka dot, stripe, and swirly/twirl paper. This will make your basic mat.
2. Insert rectangle shape, adjust size to inner, fill shape with wavy paper, and outline dark orange.
3. Repeat insert shape, reduce size, and fill shape with blue polka dot paper outline dark orange.
4. Repeat insert shape, enlarge size, and fill shape with golden polka dot paper.
5. Insert minus sign shape, enlarge size, and fill shape with brick polka dot paper...
6. Insert lazy days of summer, crop down to the word summer rotate right, reduce size, and place in the golden brick rectangle.
7. Insert red arrows reduce size place in the blue polka dot paper. Repeat insert of arrow but gold one; reduce size, rotate to a slight angle, place over other arrow.
8. Insert lowercase alpha/numbers until day 7 is present. Place near arrows.
1. Insert frame shape, enlarge size, fill shape with blue polka dot paper no outline. Repeat insert shape reduce size to fit inside the first; fill shape with golden polka dot paper. Repeat insert shape; fill shape with brick polka dot paper.
2. Insert rectangle shape; reduce size to fit inside third frame, fill shape with wavy paper.
3. Insert corner shape, copy paste from left upper corner to remaining three corners; left upper corner and lower right corner on blue polka paper fill shape with funky oval paper; inner right upper corner and lower left corner on golden polka dot paper fill shape with funky flower paper; next inner upper left corner and lower right corner on brick polka dot paper fill shape with stripe paper; remaining corner shapes on wavy stripe paper fill shapes with swirly/twirl paper.
Adjusting size of slide/image
1.Open power point 2007, it should open a new slide automatically. It will show writing on the slide but once you start adding your digital elements it will disappear and will not show up on your finished product.
2.Go to the tool bar section at the top of the program. Click on the design option, it should pull up menu showing page setup, slide orientation, themes with a bunch of boxes showing examples, and options to format to your personal preference.
3. Click on page set up, then a small box should pop with option of adjusting size. In order to change the size of the slide for scrapbooking you have to change the width and height box. This should automatically change the orientation box for slides or notes, handouts, and outlines to landscape or portraits. For simple practice, input 12 and 12 to the width and height box, it should automatically change for you.
***side note power point 2007 does cut off on size of slide/image at a point. I do not remember which size it is.
Inserting a brush or digital element; enlarging or reducing inserted image
Once you have adjusted your size, you will want to add your paper, elements, and brushes to the layout.
1.Look at the tool bar, click on insert. This will bring up menu box, with options picture, clip art, shapes, smart art, chart, textbox, word art, etc.
2.Click on picture to add your paper, elements, or brushes to your slide, image. It will insert that to your slide. It will also have a highlighted box around it. The corners will have circles, the sides will have boxes, and this is the way you reduce or enlarge the desired digital element you have opened up. This is important when you are using this program to create digital layouts or cards.
1. To give a paper element a shape, you click on insert shape instead of picture. A box will appear with a variety of different shapes. Examples choose a basic rectangle.
2. Left click on that option. The box will disappear then a small cross will appear. The small cross is your mouse cursor ready for you to use it form the rectangle shape.
3. Left click and move the mouse across the screen. You should see a shape. A new format option will appear in the tool box at the top.
4. Click on it, then click on the option called fill shape.
5. Then left click on the picture option. It should open the folder to which you have opened your paper too. Click on the option of your choice, and then you will see a blue border around your shaped paper.
6. Click on the shape border, you can change the outline to a different color or size, or choose no outline. I usually choose no outline, unless, I want an inked edge affect.
Format digital elements
After inserting your element there are many things you can do to it to make it work on your layout. In order to format to your specific specifications, you will need to click on the option in the tool bar at the top when you have an element highlighted by the box.
1. Example you have opened an alphabet element. You will see the entire alphabet. You only want a letter.
2. You will click format in the tool bar. You should see a box with these options, adjust picture styles, arrange, and size. To get one alphabet, number, brad, flower, etc; click on crop in the arrange section of format. This will make a box appear with dashed sides on it. You can move your mouse curser to each side or corner, moving inward/out warded to get the section you want only. Once finished cropping either click on the crop option to get the highlight, enlarge/reduce box back. You can either rotate the element by using the option in the arrange box called rotate or taking your mouse curser placing it over the green circle. The clicking the left button and turning the mouse left or right to get it rotated at an angle.
To move the element, from where you have rotated and cropped it, place your mouse curser over the element you should see a cross like symbol with arrows at each point, left click and move your element.
Hope, these instructions are easy to follow, understandable, and doesn’t make me sound like an village idiot.
These basic options are your main functions that are used in any layout I use power point for the entire project.