Adjusting size of slide/image
1.Open power point 2007, it should open a new slide automatically. It will show writing on the slide but once you start adding your digital elements it will disappear and will not show up on your finished product.
2.Go to the tool bar section at the top of the program. Click on the design option, it should pull up menu showing page setup, slide orientation, themes with a bunch of boxes showing examples, and options to format to your personal preference.
3. Click on page set up, then a small box should pop with option of adjusting size. In order to change the size of the slide for scrapbooking you have to change the width and height box. This should automatically change the orientation box for slides or notes, handouts, and outlines to landscape or portraits. For simple practice, input 12 and 12 to the width and height box, it should automatically change for you.
***side note power point 2007 does cut off on size of slide/image at a point. I do not remember which size it is.
Inserting a brush or digital element; enlarging or reducing inserted image
Once you have adjusted your size, you will want to add your paper, elements, and brushes to the layout.
1.Look at the tool bar, click on insert. This will bring up menu box, with options picture, clip art, shapes, smart art, chart, textbox, word art, etc.
2.Click on picture to add your paper, elements, or brushes to your slide, image. It will insert that to your slide. It will also have a highlighted box around it. The corners will have circles, the sides will have boxes, and this is the way you reduce or enlarge the desired digital element you have opened up. This is important when you are using this program to create digital layouts or cards.
1. To give a paper element a shape, you click on insert shape instead of picture. A box will appear with a variety of different shapes. Examples choose a basic rectangle.
2. Left click on that option. The box will disappear then a small cross will appear. The small cross is your mouse cursor ready for you to use it form the rectangle shape.
3. Left click and move the mouse across the screen. You should see a shape. A new format option will appear in the tool box at the top.
4. Click on it, then click on the option called fill shape.
5. Then left click on the picture option. It should open the folder to which you have opened your paper too. Click on the option of your choice, and then you will see a blue border around your shaped paper.
6. Click on the shape border, you can change the outline to a different color or size, or choose no outline. I usually choose no outline, unless, I want an inked edge affect.
Format digital elements
After inserting your element there are many things you can do to it to make it work on your layout. In order to format to your specific specifications, you will need to click on the option in the tool bar at the top when you have an element highlighted by the box.
1. Example you have opened an alphabet element. You will see the entire alphabet. You only want a letter.
2. You will click format in the tool bar. You should see a box with these options, adjust picture styles, arrange, and size. To get one alphabet, number, brad, flower, etc; click on crop in the arrange section of format. This will make a box appear with dashed sides on it. You can move your mouse curser to each side or corner, moving inward/out warded to get the section you want only. Once finished cropping either click on the crop option to get the highlight, enlarge/reduce box back. You can either rotate the element by using the option in the arrange box called rotate or taking your mouse curser placing it over the green circle. The clicking the left button and turning the mouse left or right to get it rotated at an angle.
To move the element, from where you have rotated and cropped it, place your mouse curser over the element you should see a cross like symbol with arrows at each point, left click and move your element.
Hope, these instructions are easy to follow, understandable, and doesn’t make me sound like an village idiot.
These basic options are your main functions that are used in any layout I use power point for the entire project.