Hello! Nichol Magouirk here with this month’s Sketch It Out.
I created both a 12x12 and a 8 1/2 x 11 sketch and chose to create in the 12x12 format for this particular layout. The layout is visually divided in half with lots of room at the top for the title and embellishment and space for photos and journaling along the bottom.
Notes of interest:
- I only had the one photo (and the ticket stubs) from the event so I printed out some photos from the web to include on my layout.
- The film strip (Silhouette die cut) would be super cute with small photos but I chose to place my journaling there instead. Makes for a unique journaling block.
- The minute I purchased the Night Light line from October Afternoon I knew that I wanted to use pieces of it for this layout. That one orange "monster" in particular reminded me of "Randall" from the movie.
- I love that you can die cut any font on your computer using the Silhouette. I downloaded the font to die cut the "Monsters Inc." title from HERE. (scroll down a bit)
- I added some chipboard numbers to the body of one of the monsters for the date and added a heart diecut to the "0" for a fun touch.
- I lifted up parts of the monster and arrow die cuts with pop dots.
- Don't forget to add memorabilia when you have it (I used the ticket stubs from the movie tucked under the photo)
Thanks for checking out my sketch!
Have a great week!