Vicki Chrisman has done it again! She has taken this week's Product Spotlight, the Cards and Strips papers from our Hot Chocolate collection, and created this super cute and useful project. She even gives instructions on how to make your own! Take a look below. You are definitely going to want to make one of these for yourself!
Vicki says, " Today I've decided to use the new Hot Chocolate line to create this decorative hanging file folder. A little something fun for your office door or to hang in your kitchen."
Vicki explains, "The base of this is just a simple inexpensive manilla file folder. If you'd like to make one, here is what you will need in addition to the Hot Chocolate Cards and Strips papers."
Fancy Pants Supplies used:
Hot Chocolate: Strips
Hot Chocolate: Cards
Hot Chocolate: Iced Mocha
Hot Chocolate: Element Stickers (flower on clothes pin)
Hot Chocolate: Alpha Stickers
Happy Together: Ball Trim
Fashion Sense Felt Shapes: Harvest
Other Supplies: manilla folder, sewing machine
1. Fold the front of the file folder down (approx 2 inches ). You can adhere the folded part down, and add your papers over it as you go.
2. Cut a strip of your "Iced Mocha" paper, and add to the top of the back piece. (It only needs to be a piece long enough to cover the part of the back piece that shows, approx 3 inches).
3. Cut and adhere pieces from the "Strips" paper to the front of your folder and add machine stitching.
4. Cut tree element from the "Cards" paper, and adhere to the center of the front and machine stitch around edges.
5. Stitch up both left and right sides of the file folder
6. Stitch felt scalloped border to bottom of folder.
7. Machine stitch ball trim to the back of the folder on the top left and right sides.
8. Cover tops of clothes pins with papers, add flower sticker and button. Add "notes" stickers to tab on folder, and adhere buttons.
Thanks for this clever project Vicki, and thanks to all of you for stopping by. Come back again on Monday for another Fancy This project!