Oh, how I love this time of year!! I especially love decorating our home and finding little niches where I can further celebrate the season. This year I had an empty spot above a newly placed mirror and decided the colors and patterns in the Traditions line would go very nicely! I decided to make a little banner to help fill the space. Here are some photos of the banner in place on the mirror surrounded by a bit of greenery as well as instructions on how to make one of your own!
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Tradition: Flocked Transparency
Tradition: Glitter Cuts
Tradition: Notebook Journal
Tradition: Tags & Titles
Tradition: Element Stickers
Tradition: Wrap It Up patterned paper
Tradition: Stripe-n-scallop patterned paper
Tradition: Finishing Touches patterned paper
small pine cones
1. Start by taking out pages from the Notebook Journal and Tags & Titles and laying them out in the order you want the banner. I used two bracket pages from the Journal on either end, a larger zig zag page in the middle and two tags in between.
2. Once you have the order, use a hole punch and punch holes in the top corners of the inside pieces (only do the inside corner of the outside pages). Tie pages together using green ribbon.
3. Start decorating each panel of the banner.The first page uses a glitter cut spread across to the next page, and an accordion flower made with a 1.5" x 12" strip of scalloped edge paper finished with a brown button in the center. Add bow and pine cone to top left corner.
4. For the next panel, is a continuation of the glitter cut from the first page.
5. The middle panel has an accordion flower made from two 2.5" x 12" strips of paper folded and combined. Punch a circle from the Flocked Transparency and add to center with a covered brad. Cut a circle from the brown patterned paper to go underneath. Add a sprig of berry after it is adhered to the page. Finish with a holly rub-on border at the top.
6. The next panel. Add page tab sticker, button and some faux stitching (using a ruler and pen) at the top.
7. The final panel, add "Let there by Joy" title panel. Adhere holly rub-on, overlapping onto the title. Make accordion flower with two 2" x 12" strips and brad in the center. Finish with a bow adhered in the upper right corner along with a small pine cone.
8. Finish with bows adhered to both ends and finished with small pine cones.
Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season! Enjoy the time with family.