I love making mini albums and today I want to share with you a quick and easy mini album that you can make right now for someone you love. Perfect for Valentines day because it is made from the Love Birds Valentines Cards collection. It is a mini album that has no photos but small sweet notes for your loved one.
First we will need to gather some supplies.
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Love Birds Valentines Cards kit (this kit includes 24 cards and envelopes and a sticker sheet)
Love Birds True Love pattern paper
Black journaling pen
Border punches and/or decorative edge scissors
Circle punches in a variety of sizes from 1 – 2 ½ inches
Sewing machine or needle and thread
1. Using white cardstock cut a piece measuring 10 inches wide x 4 ½ inches tall.
2. Corner round all four corners and ink in a light brown ink.
3. Fold in half to create your album.
4. Take four envelopes from the Valentines Cards kit, fold them into envelopes and trim one of the “folding” flaps down to 1 inch as shown.
5. Check to ensure that the envelopes are going to fit inside the cover but do not adhere in place. Remove them from the album and ink all the envelope edges in a light brown ink.
6. Cut a piece of calico fabric slightly smaller than the white cardstock, cover the cardstock in glue stick and adhere the fabric to the cover.
7. Stitch on a sewing machine (or by hand) the edges of the album to secure the fabric in place.
8. Slip the envelopes back into the album and stitch down the edge at 1 inch from the margin. Ensure that you “catch” the edge that you cut from the envelopes in the seam.
9. To make the “notes” for the inside of the envelopes – take a white piece of cardstock and either print out or hand write onto it. Take out one of the Love Birds Valentines cards and trace around with a pencil. Cut out and adhere to the back of the card. Corner round the edges. Repeat four times.
10. Tuck the notes inside the envelopes and secure with a Love Birds Valentines sticker.
11. Print or hand write small “open here” labels and attach to the sticker and envelope. The note can be opened by taking the sticker off, or simply by sliding from the pocket.
12. For the front cover punch a selection of circles from the Love Birds Valentines cards and the Love Birds True Love paper. Punch two white strips of white cardstock, ink in brown ink and layer on top of the doily.
13. To finish – using the remainder Love Birds True love pattern paper, cut two pieces 4 inches by 4 inches and use to cover the front and back inside covers to hide the sewing.
I hope that I have inspired you to create a “notes” mini album for your special someone. The Love Birds Valentines Cards kit makes it so quick and easy.