Hi Everyone! It's a rainy day here in Phoenix. So, what better way to spend it than playing with the sunshine-y lines of Beach Babe and About a Girl! The bright hues are perfect for scrapping about a trip my daughter and I took to Costa Rica last January. As I was gathering the photos of these goofy toucans we saw, I knew that I wanted to create a fairly large, focal point embellishment. I decided to put a twist on the ribbon flowers popping up lately.
Fancy Pants Supplies:
About a Girl: Lola patterned paper
About a Girl: Brooklyn patterned paper
About a Girl: Strips patterned paper
Beach Babe: Reef patterned paper
Beach Babe: Strips patterned paper
Beach Babe: Chipboard Alphas
Beach Babe: Design Embellishments
It’s Your Day Trim
Die cut machine
1. Cut out a flower or sun image with an even number of petals/points from a patterned piece of paper. You can do this either by hand or with an electronic cutter of your choice.
2. Find some coordinating floss and tape one end to the back of the cut out image.
3. Start wrapping the floss around the image so that it goes from one end to the opposite end.
4. Keep wrapping until floss has gone in between each petal/point. Cut end off and tape to back of shape.
5. Take 1 foot of ribbon and tuck it under the floss, then tie one end off.
6. Weave the ribbon over and under the floss until there is not enough ribbon to go over and under another time.
7. Tuck both ends under the ribbon center.
8. I wanted a flattened look, so I sewed around the ribbon in messy circles.
9. I added a little dry brushing of white paint.
I've enjoyed playing with these summer filled colors, and even though it's still raining across the desert, I have sunny days on my mind. Hope you do too!